Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 8 vs. North Melbourne, MRVL Sat 08/05 @ 4:35 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So l gather from Buck's presser, we are resorting back to being a straight our defensive unit. We tried to be attacking, but haven't been able to adjust to that type of game plan??
Why have other teams been able to change their game style into a full on offensive game, and become efficient scoring sides
So going forward we wont be a heavy scoring team, we will resort back to our original game plan of hopefully holding the opposition up defensively and hoping they don't kick a winning score.
We are just blowing the dust off the old game play book. Is that a failure of the coaching staff, not able being able to get this playing list to play more attacking football?

Yep, pretty much.

Wait what? We we playing attacking football? Could have fooled me.
We currently don’t get the ball in our forward 50 enough, and when we do, we don’t hit targets.
We are 16th for inside 50s and 17th for marks inside 50.

We currently don’t get the ball in our forward 50 enough, and when we do, we don’t hit targets.
We are 16th for inside 50s and 17th for marks inside 50.
That’s because we bomb it in rather than hitting up players on the lead or kicking into holes, allowing our forwards to run into the space.
Plus we don’t lock it in. Teams seem to run the ball out of our forward 50 too easliy, with simple overlap play.
Not enough pressure.
Ive seen DeGoey burned on leads so many times this year...ball kicked over his head to a contest.

North have won 1 of their last 22 games

trying to envisage a scenario where Buckley is still coach on Monday if we lose this game.

and I just can’t see it.

trying to envisage a scenario where Buckley is still coach on Monday if we lose this game.

and I just can’t see it.
Probably the one thing Buckley has going for him is that either Harvey or Sanderson take over and I do not think many want to see that.

and I just can’t see it.
Asked a former player who is now working at North this morning what is going on at Collingwood. He said he didn't know, but they better not lose this Saturday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the AFL do change this, very annoying.

It's understood club chiefs discussed the likely move in a League-wide briefing on Tuesday, and the AFL has confirmed it is looking at reverting back to a full teams reveal on Thursday night as was the case prior to the 2020 season.

Before COVD-19 hit, clubs were required to submit teams on a Thursday night for a traditional Friday-Sunday round of matches, with a full squad (including emergencies) listed for Sunday games.

In a poll conducted by the League's official Twitter account on Monday, more than 94 per cent of the 13,313 votes conducted suggested fans were in favour of the old model.

No clear timeline is in place for the return of the Thursday team announcements, however, an announcement is expected in coming weeks.

It's understood club chiefs discussed the likely move in a League-wide briefing on Tuesday, and the AFL has confirmed it is looking at reverting back to a full teams reveal on Thursday night as was the case prior to the 2020 season.

Before COVD-19 hit, clubs were required to submit teams on a Thursday night for a traditional Friday-Sunday round of matches, with a full squad (including emergencies) listed for Sunday games.

In a poll conducted by the League's official Twitter account on Monday, more than 94 per cent of the 13,313 votes conducted suggested fans were in favour of the old model.

No clear timeline is in place for the return of the Thursday team announcements, however, an announcement is expected in coming weeks.
Watch Chris Sook Scott have a massive whinge about this.

Good to see the AFL are concentrating on the big ticket items.
Don't worry about the standard of umpiring, just get the teams out on a Thursday night for the children who can't wait an extra day.

So the captains run.. While not everyone was out there. I think we can guess of who was there for the VFL squad.

This was the VFL Squad:

- Madgen
- Wilson
- Macrae
- Ruscoe
- Dib
- Bianco
- Reef
- McMahon
- Tohil
- Chugg
- Kelly
- Cox
- Rantall
- Sier
- Ginnivan.

Ruscoe and Tohil stayed out longer when the seniors came out. But I'm not thinking anything in that.

As for the seniors. Like I said, not everyone was out there, but those that were.

- IQ
- Tyler B.
- Noble
- Pendles
- Cameron
- Mayne
- Sidebottom
- JT
- Crisp
- Murphy
- Daicos
- WHE
- Ollie
- Keane
- Mihochek

So I kinda have a feeling it'll be..

Out: Macrae
In: Tyler
Sub: henry

I would hate for Ollie to be the sub and be a chance to not even play and miss out on VFL (given its a few hours prior).

Daicos was chatting to a staff member for quite a while, so if he is in doubt, Ollie would come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back