Unofficial Preview Round 8, 2021: North Melbourne vs Collingwood @ Marvel Stadium | Saturday, May 8 @ 4:35pm

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will has been struggling to get the pill. He is a star in progress so probably needs a spell.

Atu is a head scratcher but he wasn’t “that” great last week. Maybe he didn’t train well? Maybe we want him to work on sh*t who knows

Phillips had 16 possessions against the Dees. His most to date.

2 more than Mahoney.

On the bright side, it’s nice to see no forced changes. I’m disappointed to see Atu left out but I’m sure they have their reasons. A rested LDU returns. Our midfield is ramping up. Menadue might get more opportunity to show off his speed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Noble is definitely not afraid to try new things so far in our game plan & move players in different positions. He will not die wondering .
He is definitely so far coaching for the future of our team & not himself. Unlike that previous Mother F#cker Barf Scott who coached for himself & was more than happy to finish 9-15th for 10 years . (Prelim finals appearances excepted) . Thank F#ck gone are those days where we would sit watching us conceding 4,5,6 goals in a row during a game as we waited for the Bard to make a tactical or player positional move !
The worst part was during the week after a bad loss , us the fans would get excited & suggest obvious possible changes to the team line up & then come Thursday we would read “no changes” .., Bard Scott thanks for you services but thank F#ck I can now tell you .....View attachment 1120742

Good lord. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t play that

I want our best young team in and that doesn’t include Mahony in over Phillips
mate, the kid has been in the system for 2 seconds having not played last year; it is just possible the coaching group know more about his conditioning etc than we do

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On the bright side, it’s nice to see no forced changes. I’m disappointed to see Atu left out but I’m sure they have their reasons. A rested LDU returns. Our midfield is ramping up. Menadue might get more opportunity to show off his speed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Iam sure we will get a good look at all of them over the season. Its not like were contending. But iam glad there are a few more seasons bodies like soup to at least give them some protection.

Spuddd

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Firstly - I come in peace.

LDU in is big for you guys. I’d be happy with that as a supporter.

I’m reading a bit about Atu, as someone said here, you’re overrating him a lot.

He had a great game for us once, looked like a Rolls Royce, one handed pickups off the ground and kicking goals.

Backed up the next week by doing sweet f.a.

In my opinion he’s not a player that’s going to get regular games on a contending list. But he’ll be a good servant over the journey.

As for Stevo, Ch7 mentioned on the news he missed training? Is this real?

mate, the kid has been in the system for 2 seconds having not played last year; it is just possible the coaching group know more about his conditioning etc than we do
Let me put it this way there are many I’d have in over Mahony. He’s right at the back of the pack for mine

He had a great game for us once, looked like a Rolls Royce, one handed pickups off the ground and kicking goals.

In my opinion he’s not a player that’s going to get regular games on a contending list. But he’ll be a good servant over the journey.

Haven't heard anything about Stevo, but he's been picked so hoping there's nothing to it.

Atu, at 20, needs to build consistency into his game and it should come. I'm comfortable with him developing it in the VFL, although I suspect he'll be the medical sub.

Haven't heard anything about Stevo, but he's been picked so hoping there's nothing to it.

Atu, at 20, needs to build consistency into his game and it should come. I'm comfortable with him developing it in the VFL, although I suspect he'll be the medical sub.
Stevo had a migraine left training early yesterday but got through training today

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Here I am thinking finally a horses for courses selection policy is a good thing. Atu and Will having a spell isnt a bad thing. Atu made a few blues last week and schultz jagged 4 on him as well. He has some good traits but literally been playing down back for 6 months. A run in the scoobs isnt a negative. And Will for LDU is a no brainer. Will hopefully gets himself a heap of footy and plenty of centre bounces to attend. Garner not even emergency is ominous

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

our best three backs are missing and atu was a nice suprise down there for us in a season with very little to be happy about , i don't think we are sad because we "rate" him as you laughed over on your own pies forum but because we have no depth. Don't worry, you'll learn to become very well aquainted with our reality 😏

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not too surprised we went with Menadue over Atu. Atu has some good attributes and a few highlights but I don't think he's been consistently good within games. Menadue meanwhile has been travelling pretty well recently and was stiff to get demoted the other week. Atu will be fine; he's young and new to his role so still has oodles of upside to develop into.

Not sure what to make of Phillips' demotion. Possibly just managing his loads still, may well be the substitute.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good lord. 🤦🏻‍♂️
CB7FFBD8-78D5-40C2-B041-544DCFC458ED.gif

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne