Discussion Bad Graphic Design

Remove this Banner Ad

Just noticed this when looking through Kayo. They used my VFL shield design from 2012 for Collingwood.
I can tell because the font is the same, the shield's jagged and the gap underneath the magpie is where the new AFL logo was.
It first caught my eye because this thumbnail is for the '95 ANZAC Day game and the Pies logo from that era had the magpie facing the left + standing on a fence
5eccb222e4b0bfbc599b2c22-1590575480333.png
CollingwoodRD.png

Just noticed this when looking through Kayo. They used my VFL shield design from 2012 for Collingwood.
I can tell because the font is the same, the shield's jagged and the gap underneath the magpie is where the new AFL logo was.
It first caught my eye because this thumbnail is for the '95 ANZAC Day game and the Pies logo from that era had the magpie facing the left + standing on a fence
View attachment 1122019
View attachment 1122021
It gets funnier.
1620478094514.png
Collingwood had already lost their shield logo by the time the ANZAC Clash came around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get this is probably AFL approved, but gee I hate faux-backs.

View attachment 1128659
I wouldn't mind them if they were done consistently with the style of the originals. It's the fact that they make no effort to 'do it right' that kills them.

(Adelaide and West Coast at least have the excuse that theirs are genuine logos, even if they are inconsistent. The other four, no such luck.)

I get this is probably AFL approved, but gee I hate faux-backs.

View attachment 1128659
Nice to see they’ve changed the Port one to have the bars. No sense of uniformity here though, even with the choice of using the blue outline in some teams but not others.

They’ve used a hybrid Brisbane logo that has the maroon instead of Fitzroy’s red. Also says Brisbane Football Club which to my knowledge isn’t used by the Lions currently and wasn’t used by the Bears either. It’s been Brisbane Lions Australian Football Club since the merge.

Is it just the AFL logo or am I missing something?
Not to mention old logos for Carlton, Gold Coast, Port Adelaide and Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back