Oppo Camp AFL Round 8 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how the narrative all week is Richmond are the team too beat after they beat the dogs. Then Geelong come along and roll them just like us.

Just goes to show the media are bias and have no idea about anything.
And the Bulldogs ate front running pricks who aren't that good

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Love how the narrative all week is Richmond are the team too beat after they beat the dogs. Then Geelong come along and roll them just like us.

I think the media cling on to the fact that Richmond have been the bench mark for so long, that every loss they have there’s the excuse that Richmond always start season slowly but come good in September. That might still be true but surely now there's a big question mark over them. A bit like hawthorn in '16 won a few games early but only just scraping over the line. They still made top 4 but I think it was obvious that it was an end of an era. It's bloody hard to stay on top for 5 years.

The worst thing is we are going to hear all week how amazing Geelong are. Urgh. I hate that club more than Richmond.
I mean except against one side..

I think the media cling on to the fact that Richmond have been the bench mark for so long, that every loss they have there’s the excuse that Richmond always start season slowly but come good in September. That might still be true but surely now there's a big question mark over them. A bit like hawthorn in '16 won a few games early but only just scraping over the line. They still made top 4 but I think it was obvious that it was an end of an era. It's bloody hard to stay on top for 5 years.
If the Suns get over the Saints and both Brisbane and WC win they could be out of the eight this week.

The difference is that usually they lose to nothing sides away from the MCG. This time they’ve lose to four of the top five sides with three of those games being at the MCG against.

If the Suns get over the Saints and both Brisbane and WC win they could be out of the eight this week.
Well if you look over there losses Sydney yeah a bit weird but was early in the season and Sydney are a young and up coming team, Port Adelaide in Adelaide yeah fair enough Port in Adelaide is tough, loss to Melbourne yeah a team undefeated with a point to prove, a thumping from Geelong hang on maybe Richmond aren't so invincible now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tigs would have to be concerned they gave up 7 unanswered goals in the 3rd term, they looked panicky and made a lot of unforced errors.

Tigs would have to be concerned they gave up 7 unanswered goals in the 3rd term, they looked panicky and made a lot of unforced errors.
Was one of the best third quarters I’ve seen. Cats throttled them. And Richmond played a pretty decent third quarter themselves last week.

Cats look great when they go fast into attack. Think they had 12 scoring shots from 15 entries in the 3rd. Pretty insane efficiency.

I think we can prevent them from moving it that quick, but they weren't playing with that intent in our game.

Richmond have lost to three of the other four premiership contenders. They'd wanna get rolling soon. Could be ninth by the end of the round.

What a weird ******* game that was last night. My favoutrite part was at half time when David King said that it felt like Richmond were going to win in a canter and the 9point margin is belying their dominance.

Time to give up on the auditors Kingy, they are making you look stupid every week now. 😂

Also, dont tell my Geelong supporting mates, but I think I love Gary Rohan. Playing some amazing football in the Max Rooke role

Anybody watching Foxtel/Kayo? Pretty sure Jon Ralph was on air post 8-ball/nose beer.

One of the best moments in footy media was when Damien Barrett was unveiling a drug scandal on the footy show and started explaining relevant drug terms like 'Eightball'. The rest of the blokes on the panel did the worst job of feigning ignorance I've ever seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back