Review Geelong defeats Tiggers by 63 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, unfortunately

A player is Dangerfield's ability makes any team better, but what's going to be important when he returns is that he plays to the structures & ways we're playing
Absolutely - can’t afford to have him try and be a singular hero and get caught - just play for the team and take first, best option fir moving the ball on!

Awesome win. But it does raise the question:

Would Stanley, Miers, kolo have stood up when the rest of the team did? Make no mistake we were in all sorts of trouble in the 1st qtr and the team collectively held there nerve to get back into the game. I fear those 3 may have wilted rather than fought through it.

Interesting selections coming up in the next few weeks.

Close is almost an exact clone of Matthew Stokes. I had kind of forgotten how valuable stokesy was. Great to have a reliable small forward in the team.

I watched last night thinking the same thing. I knew there was another reason I’ve enjoyed him in the f50, the reminder of stokes.

Awesome win. But it does raise the question:

Would Stanley, Miers, kolo have stood up when the rest of the team did? Make no mistake we were in all sorts of trouble in the 1st qtr and the team collectively held there nerve to get back into the game. I fear those 3 may have wilted rather than fought through it.

Interesting selections coming up in the next few weeks.

don’t change a thing apart from the injuries. This team looked hungry and good. No doubt miers returns for dalhouse, we were one down with him off, but did we miss him. I don’t want to be a basher, but I struggle to find too many positives in what he adds, can’t kick over 30m it seems, has slowed down a lot. Stanley.... you just don’t know what you going to get with him.
Will danger hurt us coming back in with his “hero” play style. The team worked well last night, someone needs to sit down with danger and advise him it’s about the team and not the danger show.

don’t change a thing apart from the injuries. This team looked hungry and good. No doubt miers returns for dalhouse, we were one down with him off, but did we miss him. I don’t want to be a basher, but I struggle to find too many positives in what he adds, can’t kick over 30m it seems, has slowed down a lot. Stanley.... you just don’t know what you going to get with him.
Will danger hurt us coming back in with his “hero” play style. The team worked well last night, someone needs to sit down with danger and advise him it’s about the team and not the danger show.

Miers has a broken leg, he won’t be back next week.

bt should not be allowed to commentate a geelong game again.

was surprised atkins was playing defence tonight. “he is usually a foward isn’t he?”

”henderson was nearly on the outer at the club a couple of years ago wasnt he”. No sh*t BT he was effing delisted.

And let’s not start of BT trying to get Selwood rubbed out.

What a win.

I’d like to thank David King for completely writing Geelong off at half time. He said it was going to be a belting, Geelong looked a “long” 9 points behind and Richmond were going to absolutely blow them out of the water.

How is this bloke an “expert”?

But thanks David.
I don't mind him strangely as I thought he was a tosser as a player. He needs to lose some girth though

was surprised atkins was playing defence tonight. “he is usually a foward isn’t he?”

”henderson was nearly on the outer at the club a couple of years ago wasnt he”. No sh*t BT he was effing delisted.

bt is so much better on the m’s.
It’s weird and wrong the tv versions of JB and BT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was talking about Atkins generally playing more "forward" in defence, ie higher in the D50.

I am usually not one to care too much about the commentary noise. It is all opinion based non accountable dribble. However, I draw a line under BT completing under selling Rohan 150 games. Take my Cats bias off, any player who achieves 150 games is huge. They are in the top 5% of AFL players. So what's wrong with celebrating this? BT in my view was way out of line
BT is past his use by date. Just comment on the game ffs no-one gives a fat rat's about what he thinks about anything else.

Last edited:
I dont see it any different to what they have been trying to execute all season, except tonight the pieces fell into place.

It was always going to take time to get our systems up and going and get everyone in sync.
Oh rubbish. All week you have been advocating hold And control footy as superior to fast and direct footy.

you Even claimed moving the ball quickly into the foward line was a form of defensive football.

This team is clearly talented enough. The list is right up there with the best of them but as I keep saying year after year, it's this coach who simply fails to get the very best out of them.
If we fail to do any damage, with brilliant inclusions like Higgins and Cameron, I hope he walks and we get a replacement.

Cameron's really the game changer for us. Must capitalize on this while Selwood has one decent year left in him.

Not since Danger has a trade in player presented to make such a difference in his first year. Yes we must make the most of it. We have a lot of 30 plus players that will only slowly degrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back