Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Friday, May 7
Richmond v Geelong (MCG) (N)

Saturday, May 8
Greater Western Sydney v Essendon (GS)
Gold Coast v St Kilda (MS)
North Melbourne v Collingwood (MRVL) (T)
Melbourne v Sydney (MCG) (N)
Port Adelaide v Adelaide (AO) (N)

Sunday, May 9
Hawthorn v West Coast (MCG)
Western Bulldogs v Carlton (MRVL)
Fremantle v Brisbane Lions (OS) (T)

GWS v ESS is a bit messy. Would probably benefit from reversed shorts.

Yer not a clash per say but it’s not great contrast. The Bombers white shorts just adds more confusion to the wide angle camera shots.

The only decent scenario here besides the Giants wearing their indigenous white jumper, would be for the Giants to wear their new Swans jumper and the Bombers in their red jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. Clubs need a proper clash (third) strip for matches exactly like this one. Probably only wear it once or twice per season at most but it's definitely required to completely eliminate jumper clashes
Agreed. Even if some clubs never touch them, I believe it should be mandatory that clubs have a ‘default’ kit, an alternate kit, and a third kit for when the alternate doesn’t suit. If I was the AFL I’d enforce it by giving clubs the option to design three kits or by providing them the generic club logo on a white jumper as the alternate option.

Agreed. Even if some clubs never touch them, I believe it should be mandatory that clubs have a ‘default’ kit, an alternate kit, and a third kit for when the alternate doesn’t suit. If I was the AFL I’d enforce it by giving clubs the option to design three kits or by providing them the generic club logo on a white jumper as the alternate option.
Could get them dirt cheap in Bali as well!!

I was at Marvel for Dogs v Blues yesterday and it wasn’t a great match up. Hard work at times up on level 3. Just because it’s our home game we should do as Geelong does and wear the white shorts against an all dark navy blue uniform.

I was at Marvel for Dogs v Blues yesterday and it wasn’t a great match up. Hard work at times up on level 3. Just because it’s our home game we should do as Geelong does and wear the white shorts against an all dark navy blue uniform.
When I watched a bit of that game, I did ask myself the question as to which team would be better in white shorts. My answer was Dogs in red shorts :D

Or, the AFL grows a pair and actually directs Carlton to wear their clash jumper.

1620615798530.png
this was a great display of the power of common sense as it applies to clash jumpers. in the past we've had all sorts of weird arrangements for this matchup, including north's argentina strip, collingwood's suspenders jumper, making north wear the away strip for home games, etc. this was perfect. one team in mostly white, the other in mostly dark. no risk of confusion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back