Preview Changes vs Hawthorn - Round 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...who knows right?

We know what we will get from Ah Chee and Williams will be interesting for a look.

All above the shoulders either way - the teams are pretty even but we still have the edge up forward I think.

So that's why every team is in same situation........
Well the other team that had an interrupted preseason due to quarantine requirements and a snap lockdown who also flies across the country every 2nd week has a similar injury list

Injuries starting to pile up at Richmond too among others

Unbelievable… he must have found those photos of Simpson and his dogs.

How a complete nothing contributor can still get a game let alone a contract year after year is baffling.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Don't mind the ah chee inclusion. Mature body on the list for exactly this type of "break glass in emergency" situation.
The mature body needs a mature footy brain...maybe we'll watch it develop in this game?
To be fair he's been okay in some games, just no consistency...

*Do any of the current top 4-6 sides have large injury lists?

Last edited:
Obviously keen to rotate him through the middle in Duggan’s absence and went for a mature body.

yeah fair enough, I can see the logic. I guess it’s just a balancing act - a) give a young mid like XON the opportunity to develop further by playing solid minutes on-ball or b) acknowledge that we’re playing a young and fairly weak side and bank on mature bodies to get the job done. It just means in this case going with someone who, on exposed form, is very unlikely to be part of our long term future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Ah Chee gets given some good midfield rotations. Don’t think he’s ever had a good run at it through the middle for whatever reason. Always gets some random half forward role that has no impact on the game. I’d like to see him lineup around the ball as there’s less time for him to have to think about anything and more playing on instinct. Bash and crash through the packs and win us some clearances rather than trying to make him a creative half forward.

Don't mind the Ah chee inclusion personally. Genuine fwd/mid option for us.

Also the Hawks have 4 forwards over 192cm's. So I'm gonna assume one of snake or brander goes into defence.
Sheppard will play on one of their stalls. Rotham and Edwards and most likely Allen.

Well the other team that had an interrupted preseason due to quarantine requirements and a snap lockdown who also flies across the country every 2nd week has a similar injury list

Injuries starting to pile up at Richmond too among others

Exactly. It’s early days yet - Melbourne have had a charmed run up until Tomilson - a mid range player - did his knee. We know how they would be travelling without 6 of their top 10 and it ain’t 4-3.

Let’s see how much impact the reduced pre-season has at the back end of the season. Hopefully the worm turns for WCE but who the hell knows.

This is the worst injury list i've seen since we played Tony Notte at 78kg's to fill the requirement of 22 players.

Honestly I don't care how badly the hawks are playing. We're effectively playing with half of our best 22 and missing at least 8 of our best 15 players. We don't have a bottom six players (you know the ones that define whether a side is good or not) we have a bottom 11.

Players in team sheet not in best 22 (form and return from injury included)
Langdon (won't make it, depth player at best)
Jones (could make it as a fringe 22 player but one of last picked)
Williams (he's barely at WAFL fitness level atm)
Ah Chee (has top 10 in list ability & skills but wafl level fitness and game sense, also coming back from injury so maybe not even wafl level fitness)
Petrucelle (2 years of games and game sense away from being best 22)
Brander (10 odd games, playing out of position and not physically ready)
Waterman (unlucky and will likely be a permanent best 22 feature)
Edwards (2 years away from being physically ready)
One of Nelson/Cole/Witherden (Nelson likely a future midfield defensive stopper, Witherden is behind duggan and cole is last defender picked)

We then have Rotham who has played 21 games in his career (But genuinely looks best 22) who at 193 or so cm and plays smaller than he is playing CHB.

Whats our forward 6 best 22
Kennedy
Darling
Allen
Cripps (just)
Ryan
Rioli

Whats our defensive best 6
Mcgovern
Barrass
Hurn
Sheppard
Duggan
Rotham (arguable)

Whats our Midfield best 6
Nicnat
Yeo
Shuey
Kelly
Gaff
Redden

So of our best 18 on field players we are missing at least 8 and i'd suggest all 8 are in the first 15 picked when fit.

FFS north should beat the team we are sending over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back