Autopsy Round 8 North Melbourne vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Game day thread was yet again absolutely pathetic. You'd think that some people were capable of seeing what we're building towards, but apparently not. We've sown up last, so think we'll do the Hawks and take it from there.

Campbell it's a shame he's never been given games in a row has gone from strength to strength and produced career best numbers today. Loved our endeavour, some of our ball use let us down. Suppose that is to be expected.

I'm happy, hope you lot are?

Definitley can see the plan and I’m glad we seen 4 quarter effort!

Need to get a few things right

One thing about the umpiring in first q I noticed from level 1 within 50-70mtrs of the play was that there were 3 free kicks missed (for us) because the umpires were all on the other side of the play and the Pies players seemed to realise that, pretty sure 2 incorrect disposals and 1 dropping the ball all within a relatively short time.

Positives:

Campbell looking amazing.
Powell so clean on a night where many struggled
The ability to pile on goals, even if only shortly sighted.
We're getting closer to a win

Negatives:
Basic skill errors
Hands of clod
Predictability of exit from D50
If we're not beating Collingwood that win might be a way off. Maybe Essendon will find a way to choke against us and lose by under a kick

Up there with the worst umpired game I’ve ever seen by the by.

Skill errors are to blame but why put best umpires on a bottom 4/8 game?
It’s always going to get the dregs, just need to expect to lose the decision and base it on improving skills, teamwork and not standing around when player has the ball

A lot to like in a game that often felt like Chinese water torture.

Our highest score of the year, our lowest margin of the year.

Tommy Campbell and Menadue clicking big time after a multiple games in a row. Zurharr all over the joint but he's genuinely trying, his hardness can't be questioned, and he's not being selfish. Hall continues to have a lock next to his name.

However it was the unforced errors that just cut us to pieces. Some by blokes in bad form, others by players that consistently make them, and a few by players that are normally better than that. We still have a glaring gap in the forward line, especially when it comes to making the spare/intercepting tall accountable, but the system as a whole probably looked the best it has all year.

Collingwood were terrible but we just ruined any chance of a win with horrendous decision making.

I admire Ziebell so much for putting himself in the firing line down back but he can't defend - it's just not his game. We are so undermanned though - Bonar can't stay on the park and the cupboard is completely bare.

McKay gets better all the time - a few mistakes but still very good.

Zurhaar has been seriously bad for weeks now but his second half then was clearly much much better. He just needs his confidence back - he would have had 4 -5 goals today if he just had a bit more confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody frustrating to see heaps of effort and yet time and time cough it up. But week by week more positives emerging. Mahoney best game i have seen of him so far. Bonar will learn a lot from his first half on degoey. Soup fantastic support act of Goldy and not lost pushing either fwd or back. Cunners so clean. Admire his coolness on the clutches. Hall finally showing why he was picked up. Zurhaar bit of a riddle ATM. Powell again clean as a whistle.

Not at all the worst think we did is kick it short and sideways. We had no structure up forward hence why Moore took 19 marks.

...........and just what do you think another KPF target keeping Moore honest and providing structure would do for the side?

You basically contradicted yourself mate.

Footballers don't grow up through the juniors & play well enough to get drafted by an AFL side because they do stuff like that instinctively.

It's the game plan.
Its the game plan. Its the umpiring. We have our best players missing. Frog is missing but apparently not in your best 22. Something something arthur martha

Was anyone sitting by the bays where the umpires walked off? I’d like to know that they were given the send off they deserved.

Frustrating that we fluffed so many chances. We were s**t and yet still good enough to have been able to win that.

Was anyone sitting by the bays where the umpires walked off? I’d like to know that they were given the send off they deserved.

Frustrating that we fluffed so many chances. We were sh*t and yet still good enough to have been able to win that.

They killed our momentum at the 10-15 mark of the 3rd quarter.

Basically brought Collingwood back in to the match.

A crazy match.

Well done Campbell close to BOG for us
Menadue, McKay and Atley in our best.

Hopefully Zuhaar builds on his last quarter , despite the absolute stupidity in his decision making after doing great things and winning the ball. Was due for a long spell in the 2s up until half time.

I've concluded I have NFI when it comes to a players worth in a side.

Because Turner can't kick, can't tackle very well as zero confidence to play on, slows us down when we transition quickly, and is the last player you want with the ball in hand.
No idea how he is playing AFL footy.

The supporters at the game were great, loud and vocal.

Seems like everyone can appreciate where we are at and where we are going.

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

...........and just what do you think another KPF target keeping Moore honest and providing structure would do for the side?

You basically contradicted yourself mate.
You need a bloody structure before another damn muppet at CHF. We just bombed it in with s**t kicking and Moore lapped it up. Structure is having players lead to space not running around like headless chooks.
No contradiction at all.

Footballers don't grow up through the juniors & play well enough to get drafted by an AFL side because they do stuff like that instinctively.

It's the game plan.
You have finally become a parody of yourself. Tell me again how the game plan was responsible for zurhaars miss from 15 Meters? Or the same game plan when we didn't butcher it enabled us to kick 4 unanswered goals to get back to a few points? Oh that's right it was the umpires...... Honestly mate. Wake up and smell the roses.

They killed our momentum at the 10-15 mark of the 3rd quarter.

Basically brought Collingwood back in to the match.
*en frauds. Wish the AFL had the guts to call them out and stand them down like what happened in the NRL last night. Even if they’re just scape goats - let them be effing accountable for the horse s**t they dish up.

Game day thread was yet again absolutely pathetic. You'd think that some people were capable of seeing what we're building towards, but apparently not. We've sewn up last, so think we'll do the Hawks and take it from there.

Campbell it's a shame he's never been given games in a row has gone from strength to strength and produced career best numbers today. Loved our endeavour, some of our ball use let us down. Suppose that is to be expected.

I'm happy, hope you lot are?

Perfect result. As you said, top draft picks locked away and game plan starting to come together.

How good was that 10 mins of the third quarter? That’s the future.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back