Preview Round 8, 2021: Hawthorn v West Coast, Sunday 9th May @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely absurd selections this week. I'm pretty bewildered. Moore is our second highest goal scorer and was one of our better players last weekend.

What exactly has he been dropped for? For Hanrahan to stay in the side? Who averages less touches and kicks less goals?

Absolutely absurd selections this week. I'm pretty bewildered. Moore is our second highest goal scorer and was one of our better players last weekend.

What exactly has he been dropped for? For Hanrahan to stay in the side? Who averages less touches and kicks less goals?
He’s managed. Probably got a niggle.

At least Wingard is back in.

And we get another look at Hartley. I hope he and Jeka/Kozi/Lewis at least make it a tough decision when Tim is recovered (and I hope it's not serious. Although it's "injured", not "managed" so that could be 3+ games)

Brockman doing good things at BHH and can’t even make the EMERG list 😳
There were 5 Box Hill players better than him last week and at least 5 Box Hill players this week that were better and more consistent than Brockman. He's inconsistent at the moment. He has a tremendous upside but it will take more experience to bring that out.

the players not developing in the vfl is rubbish so I don't really mind if Jeka and Finn get dropped as harsh as it may be

it's the no Brockman that's confusing, wonder whats keeping him at box Hill

surely a quiet game from ollie tomorrow and he's gone
Could the reason Brockman has missed is he's shirked a few contests?

Found it strange people were getting excited last week that we had committed to a rebuild when changes looked very likely to be injury enforced.

One week later we are back to same old selection with howe and Hartley in. So rebuild lasted a week?

What are we really doing? We’re playing 1-5 less kids every week than other rebuilding sides.

Wingard aside its some uninspired selection for sure. I expected as much though so not really disappointed.
We don't really have the quality or depth to be making inspired selections. Finn, Brockman, Downie and DGB (perhaps one day) are more intriguing than anything ... to see if they can perform at the level. ATM it's like shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic. Aside from CJ and some of Kosi's efforts ... it's been a largely uninspiring year. The team have to find their own inspiration from somewhere. There's no magic wand.

Found it strange people were getting excited last week that we had committed to a rebuild when changes looked very likely to be injury enforced.

One week later we are back to same old selection with howe and Hartley in. So rebuild lasted a week?

What are we really doing? We’re playing 1-5 less kids every week than other rebuilding sides.

It’s hard to get a gauge on the plan isn’t it?

I’m struggling to get a handle on exactly what we are doing and why.

Really, and I hate to say it, it looks like we are just trying to manufacture pick 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if we need someone down back if TOB is out, who do we get from Box Hill if it's not Hartley

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Less than who exactly? We’ve got 7 in tomorrow who are 22 and younger who weren’t in our senior team similar time last year. How many is par?

Were they excited though ? Before game yes but a lot of the game day and autopsy threads were supporters frustrated and annoyed at the performance or lack of performance.
That was with a decent amount of kids in.

Just because team A has x amount of kids doesnt mean we have too .
We dont need to gift games if our young players arent ready.
We can rebuild our way and how we want too .

We have a decent group of young inexperienced players in the side.

Why is 1 game good for young players development when he comes into AFL to play a different position?

Zero continuity or time to adjust to the speed of the game
I won’t pretend to know the context of the decision, the reason or the communication that Finn himself has received, but I would assume that there are things he is both doing and not doing that the coaches would point to from his senior appearance last week and that they’ve told him he needs to either limit or increase before he will be considered to be ahead of a couple of the more seasoned fringe players, forcing his way into the side.

I thought he was ok against the Saints, but that’s purely from an “I want him to succeed” position, and I can see why the club might feel that he has things to work on that he can do at Box Hill, without perhaps weakening the midfield’s chances of winning the battle and subsequently increasing the chances of a win, which even in this period of development and “wins don’t matter” is still hugely important to the continued development of players like CJ, Kosi, Moore, Scrim, Jeka, Ollie, Morrison and anyone else who’s closer to the start than the end who has been sold the dream and needs to feel that we’re on the right path with a newer group.

I’m concerned that you think a “rebuild” of a list hinges on week to week selection.

We all knew we were in rebuild mode after last trade and draft period, selection from week to week doesn’t change that.

The team selection this year has been
a roller coaster. The way I see the match committee selections this wk
Hartley->Greaves. Howe->Finn.

-Not sure why you bring Greaves in as a unused sub only to bring Hartley in the week after. That's almost as confusing as when we brought Hartley in and dropped him after one game.
-Howe gets another chance.. that's fine but please play him down back we have a slow midfield I don't want him plodded on a wing. Take the game on Clarko! use a weapon in Impey,Cj,Scrim on a wing.

-My thoughts if you are going to develop two players with speed Downie/Brockman in the vfl then please play some dash on the wings! Playing turnover merchant Phillips with Morrison/Howe on the other wing is frustrating.

Last edited:
The team selection this year has been
a roller coaster. The way I see the match committee selections this wk
Hartley->Greaves. Howe->Finn.

-Not sure why you bring Greaves in as a unused sub only to bring Hartley in the week after. That's almost as confusing as when we brought Hartley in and dropped him after one game.
-Howe gets another chance.. that's fine but please play him down back we have a slow midfield I don't want him plodded on a wing. Take the game on Clarko! use a weapon in Impey,Cj,Scrim on a wing.

-My thoughts if you are going to develop two players with speed Downie/Brockman in the vfl then please play some dash on the wings! Playing turnover merchant Phillips with Morrison/Howe on the other wing is frustrating.

hartley is in for TOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back