Toast Round 8 = North Melbourne 76-94 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to get the win. But that game will not be going to the pool room.
That was the first time that I have watched North and by god they are bad.
Anyone who complains about umpiring today is crazy. From what I saw, we had the rub of the green.
I have no idea what "rub of the green" is supposed to mean but I think I used it correctly.

Nice to get the win. But that game will not be going to the pool room.
That was the first time that I have watched North and by god they are bad.
Anyone who complains about umpiring today is crazy. From what I saw, we had the rub of the green.
I have no idea what "rub of the green" is supposed to mean but I think I used it correctly.
Didn't keep track of the frees number wise but there were a number of absolute howlers - neither umpire should officiate ever again - but that won't happen.

Very ordinary win considering it was against a winless side. They held it in their forward half far too long.
Positives: Moore, JDG, Keane, T Brown. Players who have struggled the last few weeks.
Also good to see players playing in the spots they are good at, all but Pendles but I’m not sure where to play him going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely agree regarding his polish but his heart is huge and he does break lines - someone needs to get in his head about disposal.
I think he’s been really, really positive this year and while disposal isn’t his strong point it’s also not as bad as what he exhibited today. It looked like he was trying to keep his dad in a job

Very ordinary win considering it was against a winless side. They held it in their forward half far too long.
Positives: Moore, JDG, Keane, T Brown. Players who have struggled the last few weeks.
Also good to see players playing in the spots they are good at, all but Pendles but I’m not sure where to play him going forward.
That winless side gave top side Melbourne the fright of their lives for 3 quarters last week.

That winless side gave top side Melbourne the fright of their lives for 3 quarters last week.
Two. From what I’ve seen North are only capable of playing about two quarters in any given game.

I was hoping they’d hold on for longer last week, Sportsbet offered $14 for them to win 1-39 so in a two horse race I had to have a nibble :p

I think he’s been really, really positive this year and while disposal isn’t his strong point it’s also not as bad as what he exhibited today. It looked like he was trying to keep his dad in a job
Kid is still finding his way and this was obviously one of his bad hair disposal days lol

Kid is still finding his way and this was obviously one of his bad hair disposal days lol
I agree, I absolutely won’t blast a bloke for trying when so many of our players look so devoid of effort. Gets a pass for mine but, as you said, someone needs to get in his ear about his decision making

Two. From what I’ve seen North are only capable of playing about two quarters in any given game.

I was hoping they’d hold on for longer last week, Sportsbet offered $14 for them to win 1-39 so in a two horse race I had to have a nibble :p
Fair enough but people are getting carried away Norf will be a bloody good side next year and they are a handful this year. They just lack composure going into the forward line.
Like another team I know very well . . . . . . :'(

Just remember De Goey played on Aiden Bonar who struggles to get a game at the worst side in the comp.

3 of those 6 goals were absolute gifts as well.
But lets never remember his mark between their 3. Are you a supporter?

I agree, I absolutely won’t blast a bloke for trying when so many of our players look so devoid of effort. Gets a pass for mine but, as you said, someone needs to get in his ear about his decision making
Well that applies to the entire list really, for long periods during matches they look like a representative side that's been thrown together 15 minutes before the first bounce :oops:
Surely this is the biggest issue with the side, there is no cohesion or true belief in team mates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back