Review Geelong defeats Tiggers by 63 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though we have had a player fined for rough conduct (dangerous tackle)

Charge laid:

Zac Guthrie, Geelong Cats has been charged with Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle) against Daniel Rioli, Richmond, during the fourth quarter of the Round Eight match between Richmond and the Geelong Cats, played at the MCG on Friday May 7.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.
I hate how you can’t even tell from that what the incident was.

I liked Bews attack on the footy. If he average a few more possessions and was a better kick he could be a seriously damaging player. He has a huge amount of strength and is super quick. I know that is not his role but it would be nice.
I think he constantly plays right on the limit of his abilities. Less talent than many AFL players, and he isn't actually that quick. What makes him look quick is his decisiveness and aggression. He gets moving the moment he finds the ball and has a knack for finding small holes in congestion on the attacking side of play and busting through them. Its a real bonus getting that in addition to his reliable work as no1 small defender.

I hate how you can’t even tell from that what the incident was.

Rioli only touched the ball once in the 4th and it was a handball near the Richmond 50m arc

Unless Zuth tackled him when he didn't have the ball - interestingly though, Zuth didn't give away a free kick last night, so whatever did wasn't enough to be punished by the umpires but it was picked up by the MRO

One kick in 30 minutes of footy? After what I would describe as a "dismal" first quarter. I'll concede it was no where near his worst game for us though. The bar is pretty low if we are lauding that performance.
I’m certainly not lauding it. I thought he was solid. I don’t think he’s there to accumulate stats.

One kick in 30 minutes of footy? After what I would describe as a "dismal" first quarter. I'll concede it was no where near his worst game for us though. The bar is pretty low if we are lauding that performance.
Actually, during his second quarter it was 2 tackles including one inside defensive 50 & 2 kicks - not bad for a guy stationed in defence & with our midfield getting on top

Also in the second quarter Close didn't register a stat, Bews had just 1 disposal, Atkins & Parfitt just 2 disposals each and Blicavs in the ruck had 3 disposals

So Zuths 2 disposals & 2 tackles ain't that bad

I’m certainly not lauding it. I thought he was solid. I don’t think he’s there to accumulate stats.

Well there appears little danger in that. I just question his selection against other players that would offer more. He has little impact when he’s not stuffing up so why not play another mid like Holmes instead and get games into him? Or Clark who I concede makes mistakes but has 20 times the potential and talent?

Anyway, I’ve said my piece. It’s getting a bit boring harping on it. I’ll refrain posting about him now (until our next team selection anyway.... 😉).

Actually, during his second quarter it was 2 tackles including one inside defensive 50 & 2 kicks - not bad for a guy stationed in defence & with our midfield getting on top

Also in the second quarter Close didn't register a stat, Bews had just 1 disposal, Atkins & Parfitt just 2 disposals each and Blicavs in the ruck had 3 disposals

So Zuths 2 disposals & 2 tackles ain't that bad

Parfitt was terrific when the game was close on the line. His first quarter in particular helped keep the margin within 3 goals.
He's got a wide frame. Similar to Ben Cunnington so you can see he will start winning clearances at will in the coming years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, have watched it again. He had one very good kick to Duncan through the middle of the ground resulting which resulted in a goal. He smothered a potential Lynch mark on the wing and landed a regulation tackle during the quarter. That was it. No other involvement. He didn't fxxk anything up at least so I suppose that's a positive.

So you missed the block on Riewoldt which allowed Henry an uncontested mark which ultimately resulted in Simpson's shot at goal then.

Though we have had a player fined for rough conduct (dangerous tackle)

Charge laid:

Zac Guthrie, Geelong Cats has been charged with Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle) against Daniel Rioli, Richmond, during the fourth quarter of the Round Eight match between Richmond and the Geelong Cats, played at the MCG on Friday May 7.

In summary, he can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Low Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a $3000 sanction as a first offence. The player can accept a $2000 sanction with an early plea.

Enforcer/thug/baby faced assassin 😂

Parfitt was terrific when the game was close on the line. His first quarter in particular helped keep the margin within 3 goals.
He's got a wide frame. Similar to Ben Cunnington so you can see he will start winning clearances at will in the coming years.
Parfitt is still young. His physical strength will come on in his late 20s as he matures. At the moment he is still a youngster playing against men.

I don’t think it’s a stretch now for him to be labeled an “elite mid”. Now as for his brother.... 😂
To be fair with zac Guthrie, we did pluck him from the end of first round of the rookie draft. Expectations and benchmarks for these sort of picked players isn’t set very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back