Toast Round 8 = North Melbourne 76-94 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it’s worth highlighting the first half of Tyler Brown too. Yes, he faded out, but he blanketed Cunnington and was prolific around stoppages. He seems to attract a lot of vitriol around here so this will be unpopular, but credit to the young man. I think he will be part of our long term midfield group.

I think it’s worth highlighting the first half of Tyler Brown too. Yes, he faded out, but he blanketed Cunnington and was prolific around stoppages. He seems to attract a lot of vitriol around here so this will be unpopular, but credit to the young man. I think he will be part of our long term midfield group.
Agree thought Brown was good especially early

Agree - and needs to improve his decision making, he is very hesitant before giving off and fails to take the first option.

His first half was OK but I still far prefer Sier in the position.

You are correct. I can't do a username change without taking out a paid membership, can I? There was a time I used to change usernames as often as I changed underwear. I have to admit, I have lost so much respect for Grundy. I would actually prefer Cameron as first ruck now.

Perhaps you can pay the Chief with the little treasures you tend to discover in the elevators of the complex you live in. :)

For starters..

1. I'd be more inclined to play Moore in a utility role. His pace height and size would cause big problems. Can float in and out of our forward and back line when he sees fit. Go with the momentum of the game.. if we're up and about.. I'd like to see us go for the jugular.. give him the opportunity to put the game away rather than just having him pick his shorts in the backline.
2. Murphy has got to play back. Wouldn't persist with him in the midfield. As he develops experience I want opposition forwards to fear him cause he's a nutter.
3. Go on the hunt for a decent FB on the up. Not a bloke past his best.

OK I'm off to piss it up.

Wish me luck.

It may actually be that the Roos have a worse list management/recruitment team than us.

To not take Logan MacDonald but go for another midfielder at pick 2/3 (who can’t seem to get a game) on top of all their other similar sized players is mind boggling.

Didn’t they learn from Davis-Uniake???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are miles off being a threat but I do think we are building.
Win or lose this season is now about getting games into our younger players in both VFL and AFL.
Tyler Brown is still a year away from being an AFL footballer but his first half on Cunnington was good. If Brown can improve his tank and strength more he could be a gun. McCreery's pressure was great I actually dont care if he doesn't get the ball created turnovers. Keane was good down back he needs time, Poulter did some good things. Murphy looks reliable. Henry is worth giving a few more games to we need to be patient with him.
Are we going to be a better side with Daicos replacing Treloar as an inside mid, Poulter replacing Phillips, Henry/MCreery replacing Stephenson and Bianco taking Daicos role on the wing? I dont think we are now but I think we will in a year.
This year reminds me a lot like 1987. 1986 just missed finals on% then following year we were terrible but got a lot of games into young players that were the nucleus of our premiership side. Brown, Mcguane, Christian, starcevich, Crosisca all debuted that year. 1988 we bounced back.

Needs to play as a rover/ruck rover. Whenever he’s put in the position to hunt the footy he ends up being a good contributor. He should never play on the wing/outside again.

I must be missing it because I didn’t think Sidey was as bad as people are making out. He had 8 clearances (which we have struggled with) which was the highest in the game.
I thought he was pretty good early. Set himself up with a good first quarter to was finding some good touch in the first half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back