Votes: 21 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.

That was a strange night.

If the Pakistan Cricket team had played like our 3rd quarter there would be some serious questions raised (mostly 'Why is the Pakistani Cricket Team playing AFL?' but you get the point). It looked like a few of the boys loaded up on the juicy half-time odds on Geelong. The dropped marks, the missed kicks, slow hospital handpasses, the fact that Geelong won EVERY SINGLE scrum-type situation.

But sh*t happens sometimes - and that 2nd half was a dirty great pile of it. I still don't know what to make of it. Jack and Lynch are NOT working (despite all protestations), and the small forwards are struggling. Vlastuin had the worst game I have ever seen him play, and Broad!!! (At 1/4 time I was seriously going to post that ever since Broad had got back into the side mid-2020, he has been playing as well as any defender going around - including Grimes. I hink I was right then, but after half-time last night - gee whizz).

I've decided that I'm treating last night's 2nd half like the St Kilda gastro game in 2017 - just a weird event that makes no sense. We are better than that.

Just win enough games to make finals - then we'll see.
true.there was some very odd behaviour last night,what concerns me is that these blokes have climbed the top,they know whats required,to
act as if ya know nothing and behave like u dont have experience tells me sumthin aint right internally,lets face it when ya know you have the metal to go toe to toe and its been proven
but for some inexplicable reason you play like rookies fresh outta high school it dont add up ..is it the assistants ? wheres the belief ? are the coaching group playing reverse psychology on a group of blokes that have proven theyre got what it takes ? sure theres the hunger issue but for professionals to trot out that disconnect and dysfunction every 2nd week is a big concern..these blokes are pros but for some inexplicable reason are not tuned in every 2nd week except for the port game when even then brain fades cost themselves..i dunno,its very odd,maybe theyre spent mentally,u couldnt blame them

What I’ve noticed is that we’ve come out strong to pressure opponents and it’s work but we’ve lasted roughly 2 quarters and then are spent after that, like a boxer throwing their best combinations early and have nothing left. This has been us in some games this year. Not sure why?
Didn't we lose one of our fitness guru's to the swans.
Inness?

Not a bad point, I think the youngsters being spent is a factor , Eg Rossy had 14p first H, 4 in sec half
Even our experienced players felll off 2nd half.

mansell coped a knock to the head and didn’t seem right after that, I’m surprised no concussion. Ive been impressed by mansell and believe he is an AFL player.

We need some spunk....Bolton and baker are bringing it nearly each week. Our full time smalls like Rioli, George and Aarts need to be more consistent and bring us some spunk... otherwise we need to look at options. Trade etc...

Rioli jnr can bring it in spades, just how much time does he need to be ready?
Stacky can too, (except for last year of course) but he has spunk to burn.

what new players can come up and excite the team, keep everyone fresh, because like Edwards hinted at last year bringing in fresh new players is good for growth and it makes the team more dynamic and interesting.

Not sure but our fitness system would be in place already. Since we’ve been in this position as defending premiers before.
True.
But this bullshit stand rule I reckon has hurt us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny how you tend to forget the losses.
Missing from that game was not so much our premier mids but a pile of the talls.
Of the top 5 mids back then Cotch Dusty, Prestia Edwards and Lambert only the latter missed that that flogging.Bolton also missed that game but was still establishing himself.

We were without Nank, JR, Astbury and Broad that game.
Yep, although the way Geelong were moving the ball, no defenders could’ve stopped that. Grimes missing and Floss back for first game this season hurt a bit as well. Anyhow not making excuses, time will tell if we’ve fallen off the cliff or not, I’m happy to give them the benefit of the doubt for a while longer

True.
But this bullshit stand rule I reckon has hurt us.
Why though? It really shouldn’t, our defenders are all very good in the contest barring Houli and short, and our structures are super strong to not allow us to be opened up through the corridor which I noticed we did really well in the first half, it’s just manpower or lack thereof through the guys that hurt us yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back