Review Geelong defeats Tiggers by 63 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have been watching another game. Z.Guthrie did possibly one or two nice things but was bog ordinary bordering on dismal for the rest, particularly early. He’s the first out.

Most predictable take haha.

YOTC.. how did you think ZacG played last night? 14 pos. Narkle who was the sub had 13.

I thought Zac had a few good moments but was characteristically shaky in the first quarter. He picked up and reduced his errors but his impact was minimal. The kick to Duncan was excellent and probably his best “moment” in his career.

I thought Narkle played well when he came on. In fact it was probably to our benefit that he replaced Dahlhaus who’d been quiet. I’ve been a fan of Narkle and hope he can continue to get some games. His defensive efforts continue to need improvement but I like his clearance work particularly at centre bounces. He has some X factor as well which I like and think we lack at times.

I am surprised that Ch 7 did not put up a stat on players who have received the most free kicks.

The innuendo over the years from some commentators has been disrespectful.
One thing I have never understood is the Joel Selwood hate outside of Geelong. Yeah he gets free kicks but a) he goes in hard and earns them and b) he doesn't give the free kicks. It has always made no sense why people hate on him. He is the epitome of what a captain and footballer should aspire to be

I had a read of the Tigers game day thread. Wow. Something seriously not right with the majority of supporters who post. Complaining about Hocking, Selwood, umpires... and that’s during the period they were winning 😀

Weird, sadly defensive, ‘the whole world is out to get us’ supporters even though the team that they support are one of best teams of the modern era and are admired and highly respected.

Of course we'll be better with Danger. And we'll also be better without Dalhouse out. When we play like we did last night we need less of what he does: it seems the trick against the Tiger sis to play them at their own game - fast ball movement.
I agree about Close - has very sure hands and is quite fast (others here have called him slow).
Now there will be real competition for spot which will see us improve even more.
Close is a creative young(ish) player and I’d hate to see him lose his spot to somebody like Dahlhaus who has become a professional list clogger.

That was great to see. Poor Tyler Fishlock has been through so much in his young life. Good to seem him out there with a massive smile on his face, and was particularly pleasing to see how well both Joel and Jack Riewoldt interacted with him.
I'm pretty it was Tyler playing in an Auskick team at half time at Kardinia a few years ago, he had a runner running with him telling him where to run. A lot of people noticed including the Cheer squad. At the end of their game, he was awarded a free kick in front of goal. By then the crowd was chanting his name, and when he kicked the goal it just got loader. I'm sure Max Rooke and Stokes shook his hand as he came off as the team had just run onto the ground.

I had a read of the Tigers game day thread. Wow. Something seriously not right with the majority of supporters who post. Complaining about Hocking, Selwood, umpires... and that’s during the period they were winning 😀

Weird, sadly defensive, ‘the whole world is out to get us’ supporters even though the team that they support are one of best teams of the modern era and are admired and highly respected.
37 years of irrelevance scarred them bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny enough I think Danger coming back into this forward line is the weak link, his goal kicking accuracy makes him the 4th target behind Hawkins, Cameron and Rohan.
Crazy isn’t it. If hawkins, cameron, Rohan/danger can gel and get in sync it could be one of the all time great forward lines. Delivery is the all important component but how are the opponents meant to match up on that combo? Exciting times

I liked Narkle when he came on. Sad is a presence in several senses of that word.

It's now going to be v hard to get a game: When Mieirs, Danger and O Connor are fit, will there be any room for Kolo, Dalhouse or Simpson? I would suggest not. And then we have young Clark and Holmes, one or other of whom may come in next week.

Jenkins may have kicked 7 in the twos. Would not be surprised if he gets a game soon. Going to make hard for Rhys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wasn't sold on Brad Close last season but I've changed my mind. Not sure how much of a goalkicker he's going to be but he brings attributes you need to cope with the kind of high intensity pressure we will be faced with come finals. If the past two finals against Richmond should have taught us anything it's that you need clean players who can one-grab the ball and make quick decisions. That's what he offers that some of our other options in the same position don't.

Agreed. He’s safer than Miers or Dahlhaus and appears to have a good tank playing back and fwd last night.

Zuthrie's definitely not the total hack he's made out to be on here sometimes. His ball use is very tidy, he's got good composure and generally takes the right option. If he had more size about him his future at the club would be safe, so I can see why the MC trust him more than Clark at this stage tbh.

Clark needs some bulk as Zuthrie did. I thought Zac had bulked up quite a bit. Certainly bigger than Mackie I reckon.

Now, who said Zach shys away from the physical stuff
He never has, remember a preseason game where he went back with the flight early in his career and took a great mark. His issue is his size, he is very much like Milburn, same number, skinny to begin with but smart.. he lacks dashas carnt though

One thing I have never understood is the Joel Selwood hate outside of Geelong. Yeah he gets free kicks but a) he goes in hard and earns them and b) he doesn't give the free kicks. It has always made no sense why people hate on him. He is the epitome of what a captain and footballer should aspire to be
Thing is he breaks the tackler 99% of the time.
If anything the free kick just slows down any momentum we had...so i dont see it as any advantage at all.

It took losing the GF for Scotty to realize his slow ball moving gameplan was sh*te? We could've told him that in 2019.
It took getting Cameron to have a forward line that could make it work. We try that last year and we would have just been opened up on rebounds for likely a net loss against the scores it generated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back