Toast Round 8 = North Melbourne 76-94 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

All rangas have a bit of campaigner in them.
If I were head of recruitment half the team would be rangas and the other half indigenous players.
Would be unbeatable.

6101e52a1aa8ab2fe91a7c4a4ca20160.jpg

The only positives were a few players stepping up and continued improvement of the younger guys.
Poulter looks a real good one, runs the lines really well and is very composed and tough, he's a beauty.
Mark Keane played a nice game too, I bagged him during the week and still doubt him in a high pressure game against good opposition but credit where it's due he was quite good.
Great game by Tyler Brown, showed a real hunger and work rate, he was pretty clean and very good in the contest, funny what happens when you play people in their preferred spot!
Other than that, Steele looks shot, he is really struggling to find space and his awareness has been really poor all year.
Hoskin Elliott, well I cant even deal with how bad he is, lazy and taking the piss.
JT is having a crack but the games gone past the bloke and time to cut him off as well.
Henry looks 10 steps behind the pace of the game but keep playing him as VFL ain't going to fix that.

In general nothing has changed except we got 4 points, we were absolute trash today and Bucks thinking we played closer to our brand shows how much idea the bloke has or doesn't have.

Happy to just enjoy the win, realistic about where we are and just how sh:t North are.

Great came from Crisp, magnificent run and carry all day.
Daicos, continues to grow as a mid.
Pendles, endures.
Sidey, looks cooked.
Cameron, gives his all and is improving
Mihocek, always puts in, great mark.
DeGoey, is irresistable when he is on.
Grundy, needs to clunk more grabs and spoil his opponent better when he can't.
Maynard, was back to his best today
Keane, encouraging
Moore back to his best and where be needs to stay now.
Poulter encouraging.
Noble runs all day and racks up possession, been a fantastic find.
IQ continues to grow.
Henry, he isn't far away I reckon, needs more core strength and experience but runs to good spots and got involved today.
JT & WHE, just warming the seats waiting for those to come on.
Browns, I see something in Tyler, just needs to find it a bit more. Callum too vanilla for me.
Murphy is very brave but you worry for him sometimes, just the way he goes about it.
Roughy always puts in.
Mayne, tries hard, looks like he is struggling to keep up these days.

When they came at us, they looked like they could have run right over us but, they kept us in it with atrocious skill errors and then we steadied.

Happy to see we are getting games into some of the kids and the continued improvement of players like Daicos, Noble, IQ, Cameron and Murphy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, I absolutely won’t blast a bloke for trying when so many of our players look so devoid of effort. Gets a pass for mine but, as you said, someone needs to get in his ear about his decision making

It's hard to make a good decision when you don;t have any options

You are correct. I can't do a username change without taking out a paid membership, can I? There was a time I used to change usernames as often as I changed underwear. I have to admit, I have lost so much respect for Grundy. I would actually prefer Cameron as first ruck now.
To be fair Grundy was in our top 5 today. Broke even in the ruck, got some clearances and was noticeable around the ground. 124 points in player rankings not too shabby either.

I’m not sure Henry is tall enough to make it as an overhead marking forward at AFL level. His opponents in the AFL will be taller and stronger and just as quick. He might need to reinvent himself as a midfielder.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To be fair Grundy was in our top 5 today. Broke even in the ruck, got some clearances and was noticeable around the ground. 124 points in player rankings not too shabby either.
He is not a million dollar a year player. He rarely takes contested marks or kicks goals. He is not as active at ground level in clearances. A team's most highly paid player is expected to do more than 'break even'.

Club champion and glad we won it in his milestone.

844568.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back