Game Day Melbourne vs Sydney Swans Sat 8th May 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won most stats.

This is weird, interchanges made:
Melb 74/75
Swans 65/75. We avg 69.

Anyone know why our interchanges might be soo low?

Tough game to umpire with the conditions and the amount of tackles.

Only thing is I couldn't really tell if McDonald definitively marked that huge pack mark to pay it. It didn't look like he controlled it enough and it didn't look like you could see if it touched the ground by the time all the bodies fell.

That was Lloyd's best game for the season. He was providing some run and dash from our defence. Hope that performance encourages him to be more daring with his run/dash.

Wtf Steven may best on ground for ch.7??? Clayton Oliver got robbed.

Only thing is I couldn't really tell if McDonald definitively marked that huge pack mark to pay it. It didn't look like he controlled it enough and it didn't look like you could see if it touched the ground by the time all the bodies fell.

All I'll say is if they pay that, they should've paid Macleans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it looked like it came of Dawson’s back which is why it didn’t hit the ground

Florent is legit

damn right! florent, warner (just a friggin star! smart, hard at it, backs himself ...), mills, rowbottom, mcinerney ... don't think gulden was as bad as some are saying, whenever he's involved there's the chance of something creative, even if it doesn't always come off ...
rampe, hickey superb, parker, kennedy still work so hard ...
after the gold coast, most of us would have taken splitting geelong and melbourne 1-1, and just as important, we've recovered that intensity and energy ... these two games will do so much for overall confidence ... right now, they'd all be talking about just what could've been tonight, about how that could have, should have been a win ... this result hurts more because of that, and they'll learn from it
5-3 and more than just competitive with the best teams ...

just one of, i think. Even Blakey, tbh.

Really felt like Sinclair stayed in the team as a backup #1 ruck, because they don’t have full faith in Hickey’s knee. But if you’re gonna pick Hickey, just back him.

I think they just erred on the safety side of things against Gawn but yer forward line just didn't work tonight.

Yeah true.
One too many tall fwds and not enough back.

Could have done with Aliir.
He plays and we probably win and become a flag chance.

Not sure what the answer is down back.
Not sure Port would loan him out....he doesn’t play for us. Been through this a hundred times, Keep Aliir miss out on Hickey. Pretty sure Hickey more influential than Aliir would of been

Yeah true.
One too many tall fwds and not enough back.

Could have done with Aliir.
He plays and we probably win and become a flag chance.

Not sure what the answer is down back.
I thought the defense was very good tonight but looking at where their goals came from it seemed we needed another tall. On that sort of night you would have expected the smalls to have an impact but we blanketed Fritsch, Pickett and the rest effectively. Just Macdonald and Brown had an impact.
We are limited for options and both Rampe and Fox can play tall to some degree but got exposed a bit tonight. Nevertheless it wasn't our defense that cost us the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back