Review Dees v the Bloods - the Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 8 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Been saying it for weeks, his disposal is absolute garbage, the " he's playing a role really well for us" crowd finally starting to come over to my side. Like I knew you would, peasants. ;)
Nah I'll die on Save Brayshaw hill.

Last two games haven't been his finest work tho.

thedank

All Australian
Mar 2, 2019
Meth City
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Perth
Harmes was really good I thought considering his lack of game time this year, brought a bit of mongrel and filled Vineys boots as well as he could. Midfield as a whole need work, how we have the best ruck in the comp and still lose clearances on the regular is mind boggling.

Eh * it, 8-0 I'm cracking another brew

Good-
Winning ugly, the best sides find a way to win even while playing s**t.
Tmac is in 2018 form, 50+ goals on the cards.
Harmes was brilliant, used it a lot better than usual. He and Oliver stepped up big 2nd half.
May held Buddy really well, tbf tho, Buddy looked pretty cooked.
Jimmy Jordon is a beast
TRENT is a sex god, love this campaigner.

Bad-
Centre clearances, I'm looking at you Max, Hickey monsters him so hard. Really poor.
Down games from many players, Fritsch was terrible, Petracca average, Gawn terrible, Pickett a bit off.

Ugly-
I had some faith, but geez Petty is dogshit. He's so bad. He's Sam Frost minus any athletic ability, no intercept mark game and ******* boring.
Brayshaw still a spud, permanent whipping boy now for me.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Good-
Winning ugly, the best sides find a way to win even while playing sh*t.
Tmac is in 2018 form, 50+ goals on the cards.
Harmes was brilliant, used it a lot better than usual. He and Oliver stepped up big 2nd half.
May held Buddy really well, tbf tho, Buddy looked pretty cooked.
Jimmy Jordon is a beast
TRENT is a sex god, love this campaigner.

Bad-
Centre clearances, I'm looking at you Max, Hickey monsters him so hard. Really poor.
Down games from many players, Fritsch was terrible, Petracca average, Gawn terrible, Pickett a bit off.

Ugly-
I had some faith, but geez Petty is dogshit. He's so bad. He's Sam Frost minus any athletic ability, no intercept mark game and ******* boring.
Brayshaw still a spud, permanent whipping boy now for me.
Brayshaw was so bad. I'll reserve massive judgement on Petty yet until he's had a good run at it. Brayshaw should be dropped but won't.

Brayshaw was so bad. I'll reserve massive judgement on Petty yet until he's had a good run at it. Brayshaw should be dropped but won't.
Brayshaw is a bottom 6 player for us tbh. He doesn't get the ball, and when we does, he turns it over. He's one of the worst kicks in the comp. He really should be dropped but for who? Baker is s**t, and we don't really got anymore wingers. Gotta trade Brayshaw, don't care what comes back, he can * off.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Good
  • There was a moment where Hunt and Langdon were hand-passing back and forth through traffic and to my tired old eyes it looked like someone hand passing to himself and running super fast, like in that X-Men comic book, "Multiple Man" maybe or quicksilver even.
  • Spargo's ripper goal in the last.
  • James Jones Jordan Jordon driving someone into the ground with a tackle, he was getting mouthy too. Pretty sure he spannered the free? Brilliant if true.
  • Backline holding up with Petty replacing Thommo. He's nervy but why wouldn't you be when you're 20 games into your career and you're called into the best defence in the AFL. "Big shoes to fill". Hope he gets better.
  • May destroyed Franklin. Literally, figuratively, metaphorically, symbolically, every which way including up. Was lovely to watch and I really enjoyed Stevie's post-match interview too, especially him mentioning how much he wanted a coffee machine, seemed genuinely grateful to have won a coffee machine.
  • Oliver did some mad s**t, what a ripper player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gus disposal wasn’t great. But he saved us a couple of times early with effort. The wing role is his and he’s staying. Love this bloke .
Yeah, his 14 touches at 57% for 71 metres gained and his 1 tackle really cemented his spot on the wing.

- Game strategy. Didn't look to control the ball with short kicks much at all, just bombed it long all night. Rampe and the Swan defence just rebounded it easily all night.
Not really going to work in wet conditions.

Swans totally changed their game plan in the second half - run and gun got them the early burst, but when we stepped on that they forced us to go wide and crowded the wings, which allowed Parker and JPK who had previously been unsighted to get involved. Allowed them to put the screws on and kick those three unanswered goals when we were threatening to break the game open, especially in the wet. Luckily for us Clarry and the defence stepped up and we made the most of limited opportunities with some freakish individual efforts from TMac and Spargo and huge pressure.

Wonder if Kane Cornes will arc up about it in the same way that he did when we apparently changed our game to beat Richmond lol.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Swans totally changed their game plan in the second half - run and gun got them the early burst, but when we stepped on that they forced us to go wide and crowded the wings, which allowed Parker and JPK who had previously been unsighted to get involved. Allowed them to put the screws on and kick those three unanswered goals when we were threatening to break the game open, especially in the wet. Luckily for us Clarry and the defence stepped up and we made the most of limited opportunities with some freakish individual efforts from TMac and Spargo and huge pressure.

Wonder if Kane Cornes will arc up about it in the same way that he did when we apparently changed our game to beat Richmond lol.

That was David King who said that, not Cornes.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Man Oliver was great in the contest and equally horrific and disposing of it. That one where he was called for not 15 and then just turned and kicked it on the left to a swans player alone. Words can't describe how stupid that was in a tight game late. It's one thing being a good player and getting lots of the the ball but that s**t doesn't fly. That crap costs you games.

Brayshaw the same. Never been a bloke more carried by a decent side before. Just a s**t player. He's entered complete Dom Tyson mode.

Paps didn't get away it, PerfectFooty called him out, beating his chest like a flog.

If he played for us you'd love him so stop it, does every opposition player who is fiery have to be bland to not offend you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back