Game Day Round 8, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twilight Sunday games - the worst timeslot.

It really is. Plus it gives me flashbacks to 2019 when we lost to Freo by a point over there. Not a good way to start the week.

Lucky that won't happen today!

Won't be near a tv with Foxtel this arvo, so hopefully I can pick it up on my phone SEN app.

We've been given this unexpected opportunity to play at home lets not blow it, so...

...cmon boys, give it everything you've got!

I love twilight games. Gives you plenty of time after the game to do other stuff like celebrate, commiserate, m-----bate, .......etc.

After a night game all I can do is retire for the night. At least a finish around 7.00 is not too late.
Hey Tairy Greene, this bloke's stealing your schtick!

I dont like the over confidence in supporters and media for this game....we will need to play at our best to win and upsets like a Freo win today are possible. Just stick to the game plan set by DD, Fagan & Co and we will come out on top. Move away from that & will do what Richmond did on Friday night.

I dont like the over confidence in supporters and media for this game....we will need to play at our best to win and upsets like a Freo win today are possible. Just stick to the game plan set by DD, Fagan & Co and we will come out on top. Move away from that & will do what Richmond did on Friday night.
Agree with this 100%. Cocky people on here give me the shits.

Having said that, a 14 goal win today puts us into the top four.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont like the over confidence in supporters and media for this game....we will need to play at our best to win and upsets like a Freo win today are possible. Just stick to the game plan set by Mighty Lions and we will come out on top. Move away from that & will do what Richmond did on Friday night.
Just fixed it for you.

I think we should win but it won't be easy. They'll probably have the better of the clearances but our pressure will make it hard for them to score and give us repeat opportunities inside 50. If we don't bring the pressure it might be closer

I wouldn't expect the players and coaches to be taking the Dockers as lightly as some on here. We should win but if we don't respect them we could just as easily lose

I wouldn't expect the players and coaches to be taking the Dockers as lightly as some on here. We should win but if we don't respect them we could just as easily lose

I think respecting the opposition is the key. At this level of professional sport I would reckon there is about a 5% difference between winning and losing. The margins of talent are pretty slim. The best players are not twice as good as an average player, they are actually only marginally better, but at AFL level that can be enough to make them stars.

From my uneducated viewpoint, every team is capable of winning or losing any game but generally it goes the way of the better team because enough of their players perform within 5% of their best. But have too many players be 5% below their best tactically, defensively, and in terms of urgency, execution and effort and you can be beaten. It got us against Sydney. We had lapses against Geelong and Collingwood. It got Richmond on Friday night in a game they could have won.

Taking one game at a time, cliche though it is, really is the mentality that players need to have. The coaches can plan ahead but the players need to just show up and play near their best in each game. If more of our players do that than theirs, we will win.

Up in QLD with the family in holidays, so wrapt this game got moved to the Gabba! My dad is a Brisbane boy through and through, growing up playing AFL in the 70's (even a couple of grannies played on the Gabba, he tells me!)

Anyway, any tips on the best method to access the ground in terms of where to park, or whether public transport is a better option? We'll be coming up from Gold Coast.

Go Lions!

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Up in QLD with the family in holidays, so wrapt this game got moved to the Gabba! My dad is a Brisbane boy through and through, growing up playing AFL in the 70's (even a couple of grannies played on the Gabba, he tells me!)

Anyway, any tips on the best method to access the ground in terms of where to park, or whether public transport is a better option? We'll be coming up from Gold Coast.

Go Lions!

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
If you're driving up just park on the street anywhere west of the M1, only a 10-15 minute walk from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back