Universal Love Hey Eddie, surprise

Remove this Banner Ad

How great to hear from Tommy on the footy show that the wearing of the bars after the game was player driven, makes it even better!

Glad the players made a statement as this demonstrates a united front from from club officials, players, members & general fans. The only issue now is what next? How do we keep momentum up in this movement without it petering out or going stale?

How is Kochie's debating skills these days, may be he should challenge the AFL or CFC to an live televised debate on the subject matter?

I now have friends on Facebook who don't even follow Port putting false comments on posts like "I follow Port Power, not Port Magpies. I'm offended" etc.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Yep but if true, they were not at the game last night. All I saw was passionate supporters displaying their love for PB's.

You have to be pretty dumb not expect Port Adelaide to be Port Adelaide when you join as a member from another club base. Everyone who is invested in this club knows the significance of the strip.

I now have friends on Facebook who don't even follow Port putting false comments on posts like "I follow Port Power, not Port Magpies. I'm offended" etc.

Reminds me of Graham Cornes, claiming to speak on behalf of that lone “Port Power shouldn’t wear it” hysterical woman in Semaphore, while simultaneously telling the rest of the SA footy community to go **** themselves in his belief the Crows should wear the state jumper.

Haha - yes the illusion of this ‘port power est 1996’ supporter is one of Cornes and 5aa’s biggest centrepieces of their campaign against the Prison Bars.

Bottom line Tony Jones before last night was supportive of us wearing the bars. Now he's got his end up as have a few others.... this is probably going to be the fall out from this.

The optics is a big 'up yours' to the AFL and gill. We can't think it will help our cause in the long run to wear the bars on a regular basis.
What a load of s**t.

Playing politics got us nowhere despite the fact we had a rock solid case and a very professional pitch.

Eddie comes out like a bully and gets what he wants. The AFL responds to strength not to playing nice

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of sh*t.

Playing politics gotnus nowhere despite the fact we had a rock solid case and a very professional pitch.

Eddie comes out like a bully and gets what he wants. The AFL responds to strength not to playing nice

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

100% agree, we played nice and got nowhere. Time to be militant and if it means alienating the league, then so be it. I saw a galvanised club last night and very passionate fan base. They brought atmosphere to bin fire of a football match.

By the way, I don't see the official AFL sites objecting to the publicity. Its win / win from their point of view.

97% of our members identify with our Magpie heritage. The remaining 3% can eat a satchel.

It’s only really that baffling cohort of St Kilda(!) fans who were part of the cheersquad isn’t it?

Glad the players made a statement as this demonstrates a united front from from club officials, players, members & general fans. The only issue now is what next? How do we keep momentum up in this movement without it petering out or going stale?

How is Kochie's debating skills these days, may be he should challenge the AFL or CFC to an live televised debate on the subject matter?

What is next is we focus on beating the bulldogs at home.
Its always hard after a Showdown win.

Let the media do what they do. I couldn't give a crap. What we do is all I care about.

The Crows have plenty of history.

It all started when Port Adelaide and some other clubs founded the SAFA. From there, their history goes on and on, with plenty of Port flags, Port Grand Finals, and Port Minor premierships.

The other clubs stopped Port from moving to the AFL and established the Crows to represent them all, instead. However, seven years later, Port joined the AFL anyway.

In brief, Crows history has two eras. In the first, Port Adelaide is its most successful club and the driving force behind the very establishment of the Crows. In the second, Port is the Crows’ main rival.

Putting it in even fewer words, Crows’ history is the history of Port Adelaide’s success.
Please stop with this. They are a club that was formed in 1990. Absolutely nothing to do with Port, Sturt, Norwood, Glenelg or any of the clubs. Sanfl as an organisation yes. But nothing to do with the clubs.

Wearing during the song was brilliant, but I hope that if we lost, it still would have been changed in to for the post match routine regardless.

Please stop with this. They are a club that was formed in 1990. Absolutely nothing to do with Port, Sturt, Norwood, Glenelg or any of the clubs. Sanfl as an organisation yes. But nothing to do with the clubs.
Interesting interpretation of my post, but I think you may have missed the point. I had no intention in flattering the Crows — quite the contrary, actually.

Try to read again from such a perspective. See if you can have a new understanding out of it.

What is next is we focus on beating the bulldogs at home.
Its always hard after a Showdown win.

Let the media do what they do. I couldn't give a crap. What we do is all I care about.

Yep, fair enough.
Need to sharpen up those skills & forward delivery otherwise the Bullies will cut us to shreds.

I’ve never seen so many people showcase how wrong they are about an issue, but believe they’re landing ‘gotcha’ KO’s in doing so.

• “identity crisis!”: nope.
• “they’re Port Power, not Port Adelaide”: wrong.
• “they didn’t want anything to do with the Magpies”: lol wrong.
• “they conveniently ignore their magenta and hoops era”: on the contrary.
• “what about fans of other SANFL clubs who support them?”: what, like Kane Cornes and Stephen Marshall? they seem to be okay with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back