• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Seedsman also set up most of our goals....

Doedee we are crucifying by not playing a 2nd tall defender.

McPherson struggled. Needs a break.
This.

It's almost like we are trying to tank. We have sat back and thought "How can we minimise the impact of one of our best players?"
We can't not pick him if he is fit. Too obvious a tank.
We can't change his position and play him somewhere else. Too obvious.

So what to do?

"I know, let's make him play as the 2nd tall defender. He will be outsized and also won't be able to play as the intercept defender. Brilliant!"

We are genuinely minimising the most effective part of his game. If it isn't tanking, then holy hell it is a new level of incompetence.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
You look stupid
It’s petty and a big **** you to the AFL

I hope you do get fined
I hope Collingwood turn around now and say "see. All they want is to be black and white. That's it. We are done. They never get to wear it or anything like it again. All uniforms must have teal in them." At least that way we won't have to hear about it ever again.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
No we wouldn't. We love our current Guernsey. It's purely because of the request that was denied. The fans wanted it. Get over it . It has nothing to do with your club.
Nor you with ours but you chose to post here at 1am about it

You love your current guernsey but spent 2 weeks wanting another one? Give me a break - its marketing 101

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I hope Collingwood turn around now and say "see. All they want is to be black and white. That's it. We are done. They never get to wear it or anything like it again. All uniforms must have teal in them." At least that way we won't have to hear about it ever again.
Except you'd hear more and more and more about it.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Because of the history of how we are both in the AFL and the showdown was appropriate. Why do you care that it was against you? It's not a dig at your club whatsoever.. more to the point why do you even care what we wear?
You said it has nothing to do with us but now say it’s because of our history, so it has everything to do with us.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You said it has nothing to do with us but now say it’s because of our history, so it has everything to do with us.
Well yeah... We tried to enter this competition the first time around and your club was born? I'm just curious though do you feel like us doing that last night was actually having a dig at your club?

The only reason we selected the showdown for our original request to wear it was because it was the most likely scenario to be accepted. A game in SA that nobody in Victoria including Collingwood fans would watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
The AFL allowed us to sell a select number of them with AFL logos last year for our 150th
Ok because you literally just said the AFL wont let you sell it.
I reckon I've seen them before last year, Ididnt realise renault still sponsored you last year?
View attachment 3000.jpg.webp

Last edited:

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ok because you literally just said the AFL wont let you sell it.
I reckon I've seen them before last year, Ididnt realise renault still sponsored you last year?
View attachment 1122439
We didn't sell them prior to last year. We sold player worn Guernsey's from the 2014 elimination final. This was approved by the AFL. I just find it bewildering some of you have an issue with this. Each to their own I guess. Personally I couldn't care less if you wore a state guernsey to be honest.. aslong as you state somewhere minus Port Adelaide.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
We didn't sell them prior to last year. We sold player worn Guernsey's from the 2014 elimination final. This was approved by the AFL. I just find it bewildering some of you have an issue with this. Each to their own I guess
I reckon you have sold them before then other wise there'd be less than 100 jumpers getting around.
The issue is you guys push and push and want more and more and when told no, you squeal like stuck pigs.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I reckon you have sold them before then other wise there'd be less than 100 jumpers getting around.
The issue is you guys push and push and want more and more and when told know you squeal like stuck pigs.
What are on about?
We are black and white they're are our origins.. you might be seeing SANFL guernseys or ones without AFL logos.....whocares if we want to sell them anyway. People tell us to pay our way. Can't win

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The issue is you guys push and push and want more and more and when told no, you squeal like stuck pigs.
We shouldn't be told NO that's the point. Can't have it both ways. Every other professional sporting organisation in the world wouldn't have a issue with it, can't blame the fans. What's that got to do with your distaste of us wearing it against you though?

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
What are on about?
We are black and white they're are our origins.. you might be seeing SANFL guernseys or ones without AFL logos.....whocares if we want to sell them anyway. People tell us to pay our way. Can't win
You can win, you can sell your own guernseys, the ones and colours you agreed to when you entered.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
We shouldn't be told NO that's the point. Can't have it both ways. Every other professional sporting organisation in the world wouldn't have a issue with it, can't blame the fans. What's that got to do with your distaste of us wearing it against you though?
How many want to change their colours to the same as another club though.
When they already agreed on different colours?

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You can win, you can sell your own guernseys, the ones and colours you agreed to when you entered.
We never agreed to not wearing black and white again or honouring our history on a yearly basis. No club would.

Fremantle entered with red, white, blue, green and purple.
They changed their colours to purple. Does anyone give a s**t?

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Marketing? How on earth is it marketing?
We can't even sell it.

How on earth is it marketing??

Jesus mate this isn’t hard - not marketing as in sell that guernsey to the fans, though that could be part of it. Marketing as in Koch’s “We are the old Port, always have been” rubbish, so that you sell other merchandise, tickets, memberships etc.

That’s our point, it’s never about “heritage” because you’re not the original Port - it’s ALWAYS just marketing spin.

Back