Remove this Banner Ad

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How on earth is it marketing??

Jesus mate this isn’t hard - not marketing as in sell that guernsey to the fans, though that could be part of it. Marketing as in Koch’s “We are the old Port, always have been” rubbish, so that you sell other merchandise, tickets, memberships etc.

That’s our point, it’s never about “heritage” because you’re not the original Port - it’s ALWAYS just marketing spin.
So according to you lot apparently we went all out teal to sell memberships and now we are going all out black and white to sell memberships ?

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You want to completely forget 50% of them.
Except we don't?
We love teal.
They're our new AFL traditions. Nobody ever said we want to scrap teal on a permanent basis. Minimal teal just looks better.

What on earth is wrong with honouring our black and white jumper that elevated us to the AFL to where we are now , once a year?

Noone wants to make it permanent?

More to the point of my original question here why the hell does your support base care? Haven't you got more important issues to worry about? Graham Cornes posting about it (the first thing he did post game) looks as if his PTSD playing up again but not mentioning the fact that his side can only put through 5 goals against us again?

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Except we don't?
We love teal.
They're our new AFL traditions. Nobody ever said we want to scrap teal on a permanent basis. Minimal teal just looks better.
You do, you want to wear a jumper that doesn't have any teal or silver in it.
Imagine melbourne if we decided to forget yellow. They'd have every right to put up a fuss.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You do, you want to wear a jumper that doesn't have any teal or silver in it.
Imagine melbourne if we decided to forget yellow. They'd have every right to put up a fuss.
But we don't ?
We want to wear it once a year or in showdowns.............

This wouldn't effect Collingwood , their revenue of their brand whatsoever.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
But we don't ?
We want to wear it once a year or in showdowns.............

This wouldn't effect Collingwood , their revenue of their brand whatsoever.
See this is where the issue is, it was once, then it was herritige rounds, then home showdowns, now twice a year in showdowns.
You dont see the issue?
Next it will be all home games, then all games bar Collingwood, then all games.
It never stops changing with you guys.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
See this is where the issue is, it was once, then it was herritige rounds, then home showdowns, now twice a year in showdowns.
You dont see the issue?
Next it will be all home games, then all games bar Collingwood, then all games.
It never stops changing with you guys.
It won't be if the AFL agreed to the request ... They didn't so I'm sure the club will take it further which could backfire for Collingwood.

It really hasn't changed at all. The AFL never had a set agreement. They canned heritage rounds the year after we signed the contract , I can see why the club is annoyed. The clubs never asked to wear it once or twice a year . The more the AFL ignore it the bigger the issue gets.

You're also ignoring my original question...

Why's it upsetting you guys?

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The afl and collingwood already agreed, twice and you keep pushing.
As i said it keeps changing.
Thats all from me on this.
The AFL shouldn't be consulting with Collingwood they should be making their decisions independent. It's never changed. The 2007 agreement was effectively void when they canned heritage rounds hence the club pushing.

You're not answering my question.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
The AFL shouldn't be consulting with Collingwood they should be making their decisions independent. It's never changed. The 2007 agreement was effectively void when they canned heritage rounds hence the club pushing.

You're not answering my question.
Its not upsetting, you're just that annoying little thing hanging around yapping and shitting that needs to be put outside and to be told no, again.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just find it bewildering some of you have an issue with this.

Here’s exactly why. It’s been said many times, but I’ll say it again.

Port lied to the SANFL and tried to get into the AFL behind their backs. Stuff the rest of the State.

A company was formed for the new AFL Port in 1996. Not 1870, like the marketing says. More lies.

They’re pylons, not prison bars. Another lie.

Port will say and do whatever advantages them and couldn’t care less about others in the competition. Can’t be trusted with any “oh but it’s just this or just that...” If the AFL gives in on this you’ll be back wanting more next time.

So according to you lot apparently we went all out teal to sell memberships and now we are going all out black and white to sell memberships ?

No one said all out to either of those. You’re just using whatever you can to sell stuff. Marketing, not heritage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Port lied to the SANFL and tried to get into the AFL behind their backs. Stuff the rest of the State.

A company was formed for the new AFL Port in 1996. Not 1870, like the marketing says. More lies.

No one said all out to either of those. You’re just using whatever you can to sell stuff. Marketing, not heritage.
Pylons.. bars...... Whatever the case you're obsessed.
Yep we left the competition because we were too good for it. Too bad .if we didn't try in the first place you wouldn't have a club to support in the AFL

ElectricG

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So every Port supporter knows they’re pylons but still calls them prison bars to support the myth of what a bunch of rugged outlaw types you are. Got it.
Or they just kinda look like prison bars.

All part of the myth making behind Port Power. Different entity? The AFL Port club was incorporated as a company in 1996. A separate legal entity. Not the SANFL Port Magpies founded in 1870.

The SANFL flags were won by a different organization. The club known as the Power has only existed since 1996 and has won one flag.

So again, blurring the edges to create this myth of prison bar-wearing, long established club as your “heritage” when in fact it’s just a marketing exercise.

You’re an AFL manufactured club just like the Crows, except younger and with less premierships.
When people who try to delegitimise Port's claims to heritage have their views challenged, the response is always something along these lines. This is not how normal people talk. I don't normally go for analogies, but imagine the following exchange taking place between two people:

"I have used Microsoft products since the early 90s and have always enjoyed them."
"Oh really? Is that the Microsoft EST 1975 or one of the corporate entities that was created after the anti-trust suit in 2000? Well, which is it buddy? Huh? HUH!?!?"

The person would hear such a bizarre question and wonder whether the person asking it was either a) mentally ill; or b) a crows fan.

I think it's obvious to everyone the natural continuity from supporting or hating port in the SANFL to supporting or hating them in the AFL, and how occasionally wearing the PBs appeals to the club's long-time fans. The club's detractors get by on deliberately acting dense and appealing to corporate minutiae, legal contracts, and other business activities. I guess it's fitting for Crows fans though; after all those things are YOUR heritage, not ours.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Port will say and do whatever advantages them and couldn’t care less about others in the competition. Can’t be trusted with any “oh but it’s just this or just that...” If the AFL gives in on this you’ll be back wanting more next time.

No new company was formed. The port magpies were a new football club after 1996, a new administration relocated to Enfield because this was a SANFl mandate as per licence agreements and through hardwork we merged the two together in 2010 and want to recognise that. This was for the fans last night nobody else and your opinion is irrelevant.

Lies? You're absolutely delusional.

The AFL commision wouldn't accept us celebrating our 150th last year if this was LiES bud

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
I think its a publicity stunt more than 'honouring your history' - its a marketing gimmick

If it was honouring your history the team would do it after every match
Nope.

If it is truly about honouring "Port Adelaide" heritage and culture, you do it after winning the Premiership.

As many here would remember I support them wearing it against us. Logically no different to any other third jumper design. They aren't playing Collingwood so they are not involved.

But that was just petulance.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No we wouldn't. We love our current Guernsey. It's purely because of the request that was denied. The fans wanted it. Get over it . It has nothing to do with your club.

You only want to wear them in Showdowns but it has nothing to do with our club?

Also, what is meant by a “different entity”?

Probably best answered by your own franchise.

PoortPowerLetter_zpsbc901bf5_1.jpg

cm_perfect

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We shouldn't be told NO that's the point. Can't have it both ways. Every other professional sporting organisation in the world wouldn't have a issue with it, can't blame the fans. What's that got to do with your distaste of us wearing it against you though?

In short, you are annoyed at Club Teal for signing a deal you don’t like. Sounds like Adelaide’s Oval and Footy Park all over again. Why does Club Teal sign up for s**t they don’t want all the time?

Back