Draft Expert Knightmare's 2021 Draft Almanac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Not really just his big numbers and he’s a knockabout country lad. Tiser usually does a pump up for a kid then they go either two ways. Get feeling Hugh may be like Jamieson Murphy they rated massively last year then no one took him.

I don't expect Jackson to go nearly as early as I have him. He's more someone I can see entering the draft mix mid-draft. I just like what I've seen to date, particularly if his contested work keeps getting better.

May rankings coming out soon, don't steal my thunder man :think: :tearsofjoy:

I'd be shocked if more people don't come around to Daicos at #1. As I've said before, the vast majority of my own network have him at #1 and a number of them as a clear-cut #1. I've given it a lot of thought and may have to do the same if Horne doesn't start doing more soon. Daicos is by far and away the best performed this year. It's not close.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I don't expect Jackson to go nearly as early as I have him. He's more someone I can see entering the draft mix mid-draft. I just like what I've seen to date, particularly if his contested work keeps getting better.

I'd be shocked if more people don't come around to Daicos at #1. As I've said before, the vast majority of my own network have him at #1 and a number of them as a clear-cut #1. I've given it a lot of thought and may have to do the same if Horne doesn't start doing more soon. Daicos is by far and away the best performed this year. It's not close.
FWIW I believe Twomey has him at 1. Don’t know about fox spots.

Who else at ESPN follows underage footy.

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
FWIW I believe Twomey has him at 1. Don’t know about fox spots.

Who else at ESPN follows underage footy.

I'm on my own following junior footy for ESPN.

ESPN's footy coverage otherwise is exclusively AFL focused.

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Your thoughts on Jake Soligo ? Very stff not to get picked up in the mock.

Soligo isn't on my extended draft board. He's a competitive mid. Strong tackler and can win enough of his own ball. He hasn't blown me away to date but is one of Eastern's more competitive.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Hi KM, interested on your thoughts on who are the best in their particular area since you have been following the draft, as assessed in their draft year.

Best contested mid. Best balanced mid. Best KPF, KPD. Best small fwd. Best medium/small defender. Best kick of the footy. Best contested mark.

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Hi KM, interested on your thoughts on who are the best in their particular area since you have been following the draft, as assessed in their draft year.

Best contested mid. Best balanced mid. Best KPF, KPD. Best small fwd. Best medium/small defender. Best kick of the footy. Best contested mark.

Top of mind from 2009 onward from the time of their drafts.

Contested mid = Tom Green
Best KPF = Jack Lukosius
Best KPD = Jacob Weitering
Best small fwd = Izak Rankine
Best medium/smell def = Josh Toy
Best kick = Jack Lukosius
Best contested mark = Tom Boyd

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Thoughts on Mac Andrew? Could he be developed into a key back?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I mentioned Andrew in my 28/4 weekly draft wrap on ESPN and my AFL Draft Tier list video from 6/5 also covering this very point if you want more detail on his game.

To answer your question though. Like him and his scope in the long run to become a ruckman. I'd develop him as a KPP early days before transitioning him over to the ruck once his body is ruck-proof.

Knightmare

Do you have a list of players who missed on being drafted last year ..and how they are progressing this year. Thinking of athletic type players perhaps like Kolar ..tallish types that might develop as tall backs

Kolar I can't say I've kept track of, he wasn't a player of interest for me last year. He's still on Northern's list but hasn't played for them. I found there were a whole lot of KPPs last year who were overhyped after doing nothing in 2019, with Kolar one of them, and a lot of the others got drafted.

I don't necessarily look out for more athletic types, I just look out for guys who can play.

Callow for eg. I've kept track of. Logan Young with his move to Sandringham from WA among others. Avery, Raak. Preston I heard good things about last year and wanted to watch this year. They're just a handful top of mind, with others earning their way into my thinking with the strength of their play.

Any chance you watched Sonsie's game yesterday for Box Hill?

Yesterday I was watching the U23 match so can't say I did see the game.

Stats were strong though and validated my position of #3 in my power rankings. 24d, 2g, 5t on a losing side.

Sep 22, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Watching VFL Dogs v Blues...what are you thoughts on Ewan McPherson. Good size, seems slow to me, certainly got a ready made body.

I like the energy, aggression and enthusiasm he plays with. Always seems to bob up and have an impact. Good size and should be competitive against VFL competition.

I like the energy, aggression and enthusiasm he plays with. Always seems to bob up and have an impact. Good size and should be competitive against VFL competition.
Has footy smarts no doubt and does get around the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back