Preview Changes round 9 vs West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah OConnor before Hately. Based on form

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Hately was better than O'Connor this week and was playing league the week before. O'Connor has only had a couple of reasonable games. Let's see him put a couple more together.

Hately was better than O'Connor this week and was playing league the week before. O'Connor has only had a couple of reasonable games. Let's see him put a couple more together.
Had a reasonable year and is improving, give him a crack

“Needs to develop more in the SANFL“ is an argument with very little historical precedent.

Can anybody name one champion Crows player who had some massive SANFL apprenticeship?
Walker haha

Newchurch is a skinner version of Jake Neade at present

I'm all for playing youth but SANFL is perfect for him this season. It's enough of a test.

O'Connor was better than reasonable yesterday whether you think so or not, Hately has a contract until the end of 2023, Ronin O'Connor doesn't and deserves the chance to get a shot at AFL to see what he's got given he had no real chance to stake his claims in 2020 due to Covid.

So yes I'm very much in favour O'Connor over Hately at this point given we are absolutely zero chance of beating the Weagles and he's a WA lad with the chance to debut in front of family and friends over there.

Walker haha

I'm all for playing youth but SANFL is perfect for him this season. It's enough of a test.
He's worth a game or 2 given the lack of small forward options we have. If we didn't lose 2 last night I'd agree.

O'Connor was better than reasonable yesterday whether you think so or not, Hately has a contract until the end of 2023, Ronin O'Connor doesn't and deserves the chance to get a shot at AFL to see what he's got given he had no real chance to stake his claims in 2020 due to Covid.

So yes I'm very much in favour O'Connor over Hately at this point given we are absolutely zero chance of beating the Weagles and he's a WA lad with the chance to debut in front of family and friends over there.

Play both.

Walker can have a week or two off and Fog gets to play in the role he was drafted for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Frampton, McAsey, Worrell, Hately, O'Connor
Out: O'Brien, Walker (managed), McHenry (injured), Murphy (injured), McPherson

ROB has been disappointing of late & Berg looked better in the ruck, so would bring in Frampton & split ruck duties.

Walker needs freshening up & this is the obvious game with the long flight west. Give him the week off.

McPherson needs a good hit out in the sanfl.

Needing to go taller in defence to match Weagles talls, I would try Brown up forward given we have lost 2 small pressure forwards. He can pressure & is a decent kick for goal.

B: Doedee, Butts, Kelly
HB: Smith, McAsey, Hamill
C: Seedsman, Keays, Sholl
HF: Sloane, Fogarty, Rowe
F: Brown, Himmelberg, Thilthorpe
R: Frampton, Schoenberg, Laird
I: Worrell, Hately, O'Connor, Berry
Sub: Mackay

Why is everyone saying Mackay sub?

I dont want him anywhere near the ******* team, he offers zero value whether that be in the 22, or as the medical sub

We have created this narrative not to have a young player as a sub, WTF?

Im ok having a young player as a sub as long as its not his debut, or for multiple weeks in a row

As a young player their are benefits travelling and preparing with the team, based on our record this year the sub will likely get down time

DMac time needs to come to an end unless we have no other player to end

He offers zero value in any role, sub role included

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No Kennedy as well by the looks of it now he’s done a calf, so we’ll just have to settle now for Oscar Allen to kick an absolute bag against us next week
He's a gun, so yeah he will

Walker haha

People keep saying "look what happened when we played Charlie Cameron" forgetting that even if he didn't get the ball he cracked in like a madman defensively, which is the one big thing Newchurch isn't doing.

I dont want him anywhere near the ******* team, he offers zero value whether that be in the 22, or as the medical sub

Im ok having a young player as a sub as long as its not his debut, or for multiple weeks in a row

As a young player their are benefits travelling and preparing with the team, based on our record this year the sub will likely get down time

I'm all for using D-Mac as the sub if it means we don't have to have a guy missing SANFL time.

No SANFL next week though so let's take someone over instead of him. They won't drop him so it's all kind of irrelevant anyway.

Himmelberg is a tricky one

Did bugger all but was the only one of our tall forwards who was able to make a contest and bring it to ground at all

Everyone else just got out marked.

Still, when he brought it to ground the ball just got instantly swept away anyway so it makes little difference
Remember in the first few rounds our forward pressure was actually quite good?

McAdam
Murphy
McHenry

All buzzing around applying pressure

Which slowed the opposition exits, which allowed forward half intercepts, which allowed quick re-entry to open forwards

All 3 gone. No more pressure. That we have no one else on the list capable is because Hamish does not put draft priority on pressure forwards, Rowe is the first small forward Hamish has ever taken in the main draft and he isn’t reknowned for his pressure.

Himmelberg had 8 ground ball contest wins, more than any other forward. Not his fault!

People keep saying "look what happened when we played Charlie Cameron" forgetting that even if he didn't get the ball he cracked in like a madman defensively, which is the one big thing Newchurch isn't doing.
Charlie also had a tiny bit of aerobic capacity.

Tariek doesn't, but at the same time we don't have much option

Because it doesn't matter if he misses the games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back