Universal Love Hey Eddie, surprise

Remove this Banner Ad

That is pretty much how my conversation with my dad went.... Dumb fu** he is...

The mental block that people have regarding referring to it as ‘a Magpies guernsey, and you’re the Power in the AFL, so you can’t wear it’.

It’s a Port Adelaide guernsey.

CC21A055-0A67-468A-8576-5097B2D92021.jpeg

Port Adelaide guernsey

8C4885E6-67A3-428B-B701-9F1E96431A0F.jpeg

Port Adelaide guernsey

9E3AC2F2-3BCC-45C9-9698-563715D40911.jpeg

Port Adelaide guernsey

8C4F7455-0C38-4F81-887B-A8741C1CE1C2.jpeg

Port Adelaide guernsey

Not the best source but Tom Browne just said the AFL cleared Port for wearing the jumper last night.

Not the best source but Tom Browne just said the AFL cleared Port for wearing the jumper last night.

McChins was caught off guard I reckon, he could barely string his sentences together.

Playing with fire - lol. Tried to say we get 5m more than all other clubs, then stopped himself and said more than Collingwood.

Does he realise our “reserves” wear that jumper and even if they banned it at AFL level, supporters will just buy the Magpies version?

What a cockbrain.

Steve Barrett and The Age is now reporting:

'The AFL said on Sunday it had no issue with Port wearing the traditional jumper for post-game celebrations.'

So Eddie has it wrong yet again.

And given he no longer has any role in the Collingwood Football Club he is, as always, speaking just for himself.

High profile Collingwood member (and former ABC presenter and Chief of Staff to Bob Hawke) has placed McGuire back in his box as well:

Everything gets passed by the AFL, it would surprise me if this wasn't.
I reckon Gill is over the issue and Fat Eddie.

Everything gets passed by the AFL, it would surprise me if this wasn't.
I reckon Gill is over the issue and Fat Eddie.

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised if Koch had cleared it with the AFL before we wore it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we advised the AFL of our intentions and they okayed it.

Remember, they only need to give Collingwood the appearance of control over the matter for political reasons. Collingwood have no power here. Collingwood have never genuinely approved the guernsey (except maybe in 2007 when they were doing it in the hope we'd sign away the rights). They just get told by the AFL to suck it up occasionally and are allowed to save face with their supporters by appearing to be in control.

Tim Watson added his name to the list of people who just don't get it.

I'd be a bit embarrassed to sing the song in a different guernsey to the one I just played in.

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised if Koch had cleared it with the AFL before we wore it.
I'd be surprised if they didn't. They are apparently still in discussions with the AFL and have been very diplomatic with their comments, they aren't going to ruin any goodwill that they currently have.

Tim Watson added his name to the list of people who just don't get it.

I'd be a bit embarrassed to sing the song in a different guernsey to the one I just played in.

I’d be a bit embarrassed to support a club that filled my sons veins with god knows what

I've never been one for wearing footy guernseys to games but for the two finals last year and the home games this season myself and the males in the group I attend games with have all been wearing our 150th anniversary Prison Bars guernseys. The finals last year it was because we didn't get to wear them to the Showdown when the players wore them. This season it has been a as a big FU to Eddie and his puppet Gill.

The number of PBs in the crowd has certainly increased this year.

Fans wear it, it becomes synonymous with the club, the idea that it should be banned becomes more ridiculous over time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back