Preview Changes v Carlton, Rd 9

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Chandler Jones
Out: Melksham Brayshaw
Jones could be sparrow or anybody really, just somebody that's not Brayshaw, can he please fu** off.
I just wanna see Chandler tbh, Melksham wasn't as bad as the last couple weeks.
Is Joel Smith fit?
Petty is pure garbage.
For a bloke who loves a s**t full back you’re incredibly harsh on Petty. He was ok. Why do people honestly want Joel Smith? Does my head in - what has he ever shown?

We had a few who didn't turn up against the Swans, but most of them have earned enough brownie points in previous games to make their spots safe. That can't be said of Gus who was terrible this week, horrible last week and pretty awful for a few weeks prior to that. Has to be dropped to hopefully find form. Sparrow or Jones look the obvious replacements ... probably Sparrow by virtue of his superior pace.

In: Sparrow
Out: Brayshaw

For a bloke who loves a sh*t full back you’re incredibly harsh on Petty. He was ok. Why do people honestly want Joel Smith? Does my head in - what has he ever shown?
No I don't like s**t full backs. I like athletic backmen. Petty was fumbly, second to the contest, very lucky he wasn't caught out.
Smith has some assets. Can see him as a really late bloomer, don't think we've seen the best of him yet.

We gotta give Petty a month now, give him a chance to get himself into the pace of the game, he looked the odd one out last night, maybe in 2-3 weeks he'll be a lot better

Yeah he gets a month to have a crack.

With the midseason draft coming up around then though I'd love us to suss out some Key Defenders from the state leagues/top agers.

Out: Gawn (something is not right - niggles or an injury, give him a rest), Melky

In: Weid, Chandler

Play Jackson as main ruck and Weid in his spot forward.

I know that resting Max is probably not going to happen, but maybe he needs it at the moment. His ruck work has been poor the last few weeks and he doesn't seem to be getting to as many contests.

Jackson is not ready to play as first ruck all game IMO. Resting your captain at 8-0 against Avery competitive Carlton side is the height of arrogance too.

If Max needs a rest just play him deep forward or back for a game with as much time on the bench and as little time in the ruck m as Jackson is able to make up for. Jackson had out tapped Max for the past three weeks in short bursts, but still needs him there to babysit him obviously.

Reckon we go unchanged, no one was that poor to justify a dropping - especially with no VFL game for players to push their cases.

Petty was okay, Brayshaw/Melk/Fritsch were down but back them in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson is not ready to play as first ruck all game IMO. Resting your captain at 8-0 against Avery competitive Carlton side is the height of arrogance too.

Agree, he doesn't have the body strength yet - against strong rucks his athleticism can be nullified.

Resting your captain at 8-0 against Avery competitive Carlton side is the height of arrogance
We're pretty *in' good tho. Why not rub everyone's nose in it.

Rest the captain and a few others and we've got a primo excuse if we get drunk on bathwater too :thumbsu:

We're pretty fu**in' good tho. Why not rub everyone's nose in it.

Rest the captain and a few others and we've got a primo excuse if we get drunk on bathwater too :thumbsu:
If we lose I want them to come out like they did after we lost to St Kilda in 2018 and say that we literally just didn’t care or even try.

Didn't we already take some bloke who's a defender
Deakyn Smith.
He's only 184cm, plays quite similarly to Hibbo. Good overhead but still a fair way off it.

Any word on Trac?! I don't want anyone to be rested. The bye isn't too far away...Really just want to get any sort of W vs the Blues and then get out of there asap. Would be nice to put away a team by half time and cruise but that's just not how we do things apparently :p Make no mistake, this is a very open year. Carlton are dangerous; can't take them lightly.

Carlton will be a big test but I get the feeling we'll be able to score pretty freely against them, fix up our centre clearances and give our forwards first chance out of the middle and we really should win, also don't give Carlton a two goal head start.

No change for me, although part of me wants to see Jones in the side every week.

Yeah he gets a month to have a crack.

With the midseason draft coming up around then though I'd love us to suss out some Key Defenders from the state leagues/top agers.
Think this is a reasonable idea anyway given the stocks are pretty thin.

Any word on Trac?! I don't want anyone to be rested. The bye isn't too far away...Really just want to get any sort of W vs the Blues and then get out of there asap. Would be nice to put away a team by half time and cruise but that's just not how we do things apparently Make no mistake, this is a very open year. Carlton are dangerous; can't take them lightly.
I think Goody said on radio he's fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back