Change The Club Song

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Never really been a fan of our song especially the Stop, Stop, Stop till we're Top Top Top verse.
In alignment with the push for the Prison Bars I thought why not change a verse in the club song, something like "The Prison Bars from Port, it's more than a sport, it's the true Port Adelaide tradition."

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The song itself isn't that bad. It can just sound really lackluster when the players sing it after a run of the mill win. Last season when they were doing the far more animated and upbeat rugby league style sing along it really had some oomph and became one of the better songs in the league. I'm not sure why they stopped this and went back to the boring old stand in a circle linking arms style for this year. Bring back the hand clapping foot stomping sing a long.

Oh wow PortBrillance is back! Blast from the past.

This thread was so sh*t it brought back somebody who hasn't posted here for four years.

LOL I saw the avatar and assumed this must’ve been an old bumped thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 4, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The song itself isn't that bad. It can just sound really lackluster when the players sing it after a run of the mill win. Last season when they were doing the far more animated and upbeat rugby league style sing along it really had some oomph and became one of the better songs in the league. I'm not sure why they stopped this and went back to the boring old stand in a circle linking arms style for this year. Bring back the hand clapping foot stomping sing a long.
We miss Zac B's absolute ENTHUSIASM when singing the song!

JohnHinckleyJr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls Man Utd
17a17ae6b93faf667b39af6d8fe34d68.gif

Yep bring out the Pirate Life branded eskies, bang the tops and give the beers out rugby league style as well.

jabba5114

Premiership Player
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm all for changing back to our heritage top. Dont sing our song anyway we are never going to get both song and guernsey through. But I wish we would stop calling them prison bar guernseys. Also I really wish people would stop with the pear stuff. I dont fully understand it tbh but if we want to be taken seriously we need to stop using the names given to us

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm all for changing back to our heritage top. Dont sing our song anyway we are never going to get both song and guernsey through. But I wish we would stop calling them prison bar guernseys. Also I really wish people would stop with the pear stuff. I dont fully understand it tbh but if we want to be taken seriously we need to stop using the names given to us

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The pear stuff was something the players started.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back