AFL AFL Futures 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

5 Bucks

All Australian
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Was having a quick look at the Top 8 odds and the way they are priced, it looks like the current 8 in the top 8 now, will be there come the Finals. (all current top 8 teams are priced at less than evens)

Freo , GWS , Carlton the next shortest priced to make the 8 at 4.10, 3.70 and 3.30 .
St Kilda the next best team IMO. They're a different team with Ryder and Marshall in. Gresham the only real injury of note.

Sydney have a relatively easy fixture but they can't afford any more Gold Coast type slip ups and Geelong need to actually win the games they should be winning or they'll start to be under real pressure.

Losses to Adelaide and Sydney are just not good enough. They lost to Brisbane down in Geelong but the umpire gave them four points. They beat Hawthorn by just 5 points, big deal. Lost to Melbourne which isn't too bad but never really looked like winning. Beat NM, big deal. Beat West Coast who don't care about winning away games, big deal. They've not travelling well at all. I reckon they'll win about 13 with Sydney and STK each on 12 and decided by percentage as to who makes the 8. Cats wouldn't want too many more slip ups though.

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
St Kilda the next best team IMO. They're a different team with Ryder and Marshall in. Gresham the only real injury of note.

Sydney have a relatively easy fixture but they can't afford any more Gold Coast type slip ups and Geelong need to actually win the games they should be winning or they'll start to be under real pressure.

Losses to Adelaide and Sydney are just not good enough. They lost to Brisbane down in Geelong but the umpire gave them four points. They beat Hawthorn by just 5 points, big deal. Lost to Melbourne which isn't too bad but never really looked like winning. Beat NM, big deal. Beat West Coast who don't care about winning away games, big deal. They've not travelling well at all. I reckon they'll win about 13 with Sydney and STK each on 12 and decided by percentage as to who makes the 8. Cats wouldn't want too many more slip ups though.

agree. Cats losing to the Crows was a disgrace They need to be almost perfect from here.

agree. Cats losing to the Crows was a disgrace They need to be almost perfect from here.

If by almost perfect you mean win only 9 out of their last 15 then yes.

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
I like JUH at 41 at Neds. Just has to get named first.

He's now at 81-1 at Neds. Glad I didn't get on yet. Could be the biggest bargain ever if he actually gets on the field. Rising Star seems completely open this year compared to other years, with no standout.

"McKay won't play a flag favourite every week"
iluvparis

Won't play a team whose backline is legit all half back flankers every week either - FFS even Eddie kicked 4 and he is in a wheelchair!

*actually kicked 5.

1RUP.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Now is the time to start taking some Dees/GWS quinella and GWS flag bets. Knock off a poor Tigs outfit this week, got the Eagles at home the following and then a month of footy that includes North, Blues and Hawks before they start getting Davis, Cogs and DeBoer back from injury.

And? They'll likely get absolutely belted by the Dees if they make it this year too. Doesnt mean 41s aren't a good bet now

This is some French form level kool aid drinking right here. You been smoking the peace pipe?

Are quinella markets even open right now? Surely a high chance Dees giants play each other in a qualifying final anyway

Ohh Ok

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I quite liken Lochie Sholl to win Rising Star. Think he’s one big game away from going real short. Most the players are but he plays in a role that he can have a lot of impact and have a big game or two. Crows play Hawthorn in round 20 and North in round 23. Opportunity for a big game in either of those to remain fresh in the voter’s heads. I don’t usually bet futures but chucked a bonus bet on it

I quite liken Lochie Sholl to win Rising Star. Think he’s one big game away from going real short. Most the players are but he plays in a role that he can have a lot of impact and have a big game or two. Crows play Hawthorn in round 20 and North in round 23. Opportunity for a big game in either of those to remain fresh in the voter’s heads. I don’t usually bet futures but chucked a bonus bet on it
Roll Sholl into McKay for the Coleman and GWS for the flag.

You will piss everyone off on here.

EDIT - You cant. :drunk:

Jugada

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
This is some French form level kool aid drinking right here. You been smoking the peace pipe?

Are quinella markets even open right now? Surely a high chance Dees giants play each other in a qualifying final anyway

Ah playing each other in a Qualy would be perfect. Would mean Giants made top 4...

Quinella markets are open though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back