Universal Love David Teague

Remove this Banner Ad

Number of times we’ve conceded 30+ points under Teague (happened 64% in games coached):
Rd 8 2021 vs Dogs - 44 point swing

Rd 6 2021 vs Lions - 43 point swing

Rd 5 2021 vs Power - 42 point swing

Rd 2 2021 vs Pies - 30 point swing

Rd 1 2021 vs Dogs - 37 point swing

Rd 18 2020 vs lions - 31 point swing

Rd 17 2020 vs Crows - 40 point swing

Rd 16 2020 vs swans - 38 point swing

Rd 14 2020 vs pies - 33 point swing

Rd 11 2020 vs eagles - 43 point swing

Rd 9 2020 vs hawks - 62 point swing

Rd 5 2020 vs Saints - 38 point swing

Rd 4 2020 vs cats - 42 point swing

Rd 2 2020 vs dees - 56 point swing

Rd 1 2020 vs tigers- 50 point swing

Rd 23 2019 vs cats - 68 point swing

Rd 22 2019 vs Saints - 30 point swing

Rd 21 2019 vs tigers - 35 point swing

Rd 20 2019 vs eagles - 50 point swing

Rd 16 2019 vs dees - 39 point swing

Rd 15 2019 vs freo - 30 point swing

Rd 14 2019 vs dogs - 35 point swing

Rd 13 2019 vs lions - 37 point swing

The guy might be a good tactician but he’s a terrible game-day coach.

He has also only beaten 5 different teams since the last time he beat Doggies.

Zac Williams and Stocker both out of position and continues to pick Casboult and Newnes.
I was just shaking my head even when we were 25 points up as to view the stupidity of Stocker in backline where Williams should be and Stocker not being developed in midfield and we continue to struggle there with poor balance.
Crippa is seriously an issue for me after over a year of very ordinary form. Do not know what the issue is of why so prolonged bad form but certainly sick of seeing him working from back of midfield and not giving us momentum forward. Midfield coaching is just atrocious.

Zac Williams and Stocker both out of position and continues to pick Casboult and Newnes.
I was just shaking my head even when we were 25 points up as to view the stupidity of Stocker in backline where Williams should be and Stocker not being developed in midfield and we continue to struggle there with poor balance.
Crippa is seriously an issue for me after over a year of very ordinary form. Do not know what the issue is of why so prolonged bad form but certainly sick of seeing him working from back of midfield and not giving us momentum forward. Midfield coaching is just atrocious.

Teague has been very clear about his position on developing the young kids. The team is "set" - the problem is the players are still learning the game, we have a lot to learn, not quite there etc.

So basically - this is the team he wants- but the players are not following instructions.

Yeah - alarm bells on Teague. Loved him last year - would defend him to anyone - has lost me more than Malthouse.

Would love to see him head down to the bench now and again. just so expressionless in the box looking like a deer in the headlights. How's the contrast today with Bevo and the energy he was showing. It probably doesn't make a difference at all, but its just not a good look the way he sits there while we get pumped.

Number of times we’ve conceded 30+ points under Teague (happened 64% in games coached):
Rd 8 2021 vs Dogs - 44 point swing

Rd 6 2021 vs Lions - 43 point swing

Rd 5 2021 vs Power - 42 point swing

Rd 2 2021 vs Pies - 30 point swing

Rd 1 2021 vs Dogs - 37 point swing

Rd 18 2020 vs lions - 31 point swing

Rd 17 2020 vs Crows - 40 point swing

Rd 16 2020 vs swans - 38 point swing

Rd 14 2020 vs pies - 33 point swing

Rd 11 2020 vs eagles - 43 point swing

Rd 9 2020 vs hawks - 62 point swing

Rd 5 2020 vs Saints - 38 point swing

Rd 4 2020 vs cats - 42 point swing

Rd 2 2020 vs dees - 56 point swing

Rd 1 2020 vs tigers- 50 point swing

Rd 23 2019 vs cats - 68 point swing

Rd 22 2019 vs Saints - 30 point swing

Rd 21 2019 vs tigers - 35 point swing

Rd 20 2019 vs eagles - 50 point swing

Rd 16 2019 vs dees - 39 point swing

Rd 15 2019 vs freo - 30 point swing

Rd 14 2019 vs dogs - 35 point swing

Rd 13 2019 vs lions - 37 point swing

The guy might be a good tactician but he’s a terrible game-day coach.

Damning and thanks for sharing.

Teague does not have 1 leg to stand on.

Never thought I’d say it. I want Ross Lyon at Carlton.
Either him or Chocko will do me and I want mongrel not an apologist or puppet.

The Williams experiment is over. Him at HB would provide way more value to the team, it means Saad wouldn’t get all the attention as he could add run out of the backline. Stocker I don’t mind in the backline, he’s been good and still learning and provides aggression but long term midfield. I’d rather Williams midfield minutes right now go to SPS and Setterfield.

Newnes and Gibbons need to go. Guess who will be straight back next week...Murphy

Hope the club gets around Teague this week the narrative is already starting against him. He didn't lose this game the experience and highly paid players did. Teague believes in this group and the players are letting him down with a quarter like that.

At some stage the players have to acknowledge they control their and the teams destiny. Walsh and Weitering should be giving weekly PD's until the rest of the playing group can catch up.

The Williams experiment is over. Him at HB would provide way more value to the team, it means Saad wouldn’t get all the attention as he could add run out of the backline. Stocker I don’t mind in the backline, he’s been good and still learning and provides aggression but long term midfield. I’d rather Williams midfield minutes right now go to SPS and Setterfield.

Newnes and Gibbons need to go. Guess who will be straight back next week...Murphy

SPS will continue to chip it around. Setterfield wont get a game. Dow into the VFL. Newnes and Gibbons will remain. Stocker will make way for Murphy.

Its getting ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope the club gets around Teague this week the narrative is already starting against him. He didn't lose this game the experience and highly paid players did. Teague believes in this group and the players are letting him down with a quarter like that.

At some stage the players have to acknowledge they control their and the teams destiny. Walsh and Weitering should be giving weekly PD's until the rest of the playing group can catch up.
I get what you are saying but, I'd he had the presence required, he would demand, nurture, you pick the verbiage, these players to respond. All of them, even the highly paid ones. Pendlebury, Bont, name the high paid player bleed for the coach and show the requisite pride in their performance. Teague doesn't demand this, clearly. Another aspect of the art of leadership.

He didn't lose this game the experience and highly paid players did. Teague believes in this group

This is his problem.
Williams clearly wasn't right, but he drops Samo and Dow. Keeps playing Gibbons despite his form.
This group isn't getting it done, but he stuffs around the younger players who have to potential to bring us success.

As usual our supporters are quick to turn on the coach, while the players continue to get a pass mark & no doubt applause from supporters as they left the ground after today's 'honourable' loss.

Where is our onfield leadership? Cripps would appear to have checked out. Doc will be a good coach, but doesn't provide much leadership on the field. Give the captaincy to someone who knows how to lead. Someone who can recognise the onfield signs of a drop in effort & get around the players & also let their own actions show the way.

13 of today's 22 were in the 22 in Bolton's last game as coach when the Dopers touched us up. A further 4 of that 22 were running around in the VFL today. How many more coaches will they be allowed to kill before there is some accountability for their inability to perform consistently during a game, let alone through a whole season?

If the club sacks another coach, that will be my membership done. It is not the answer.

As usual our supporters are quick to turn on the coach, while the players continue to get a pass mark & no doubt applause from supporters as they left the ground after today's 'honourable' loss.

Where is our onfield leadership? Cripps would appear to have checked out. Doc will be a good coach, but doesn't provide much leadership on the field. Give the captaincy to someone who knows how to lead. Someone who can recognise the onfield signs of a drop in effort & get around the players & also let their own actions show the way.

13 of today's 22 were in the 22 in Bolton's last game as coach when the Dopers touched us up. A further 4 of that 22 were running around in the VFL today. How many more coaches will they be allowed to kill before there is some accountability for their inability to perform consistently during a game, let alone through a whole season?

If the club sacks another coach, that will be my membership done. It is not the answer.

Teague has beaten three teams inside the top 8 since he has been at the club.

Brisbane, Geelong and Western Bulldogs.

He has made it absolutely abundantly clear - stated specifically - he will not be making a statement at the selection table - and has made it very clear he wont be developing the kids.

I like Teague and think he is one of our better and more enlightened choices in 21 years - but he has some very, VERY serious flaws and he needs to be confronted and either forced to accept he has short comings, or if he can not do that - shown the door.

Why ?

Because failing to develop the kids costs us as a club even after he is gone. They will start walking - we will lose Obrien, Dow, SPS - all of whom are fine players - due to his determination to play Gibbons, Cas, Newnes.

Great coach who is at the start of his career who needs to accept he has some short comings.

I get what you are saying but, I'd he had the presence required, he would demand, nurture, you pick the verbiage, these players to respond. All of them, even the highly paid ones. Pendlebury, Bont, name the high paid player bleed for the coach and show the requisite pride in their performance. Teague doesn't demand this, clearly. Another aspect of the art of leadership.
I/we don't know as we aren't in the club. I'd just like to see the club get on the front foot and see them back Teague in and the players take ownership for the performance which in turn takes some heat of the coach.

Would love to see him head down to the bench now and again. just so expressionless in the box looking like a deer in the headlights. How's the contrast today with Bevo and the energy he was showing. It probably doesn't make a difference at all, but its just not a good look the way he sits there while we get pumped.
I come in peace, but I am really interested in your post here because my brother-in-law (Carlton man for over 40 years) keeps telling me exactly the bolded bit of your post every time we discuss Teague. There was a point when the TV cameras were on Teague in Q4 today when I could again hear my brother-in-law describing exactly the look on his face right then. It was just so emotionless, when you'd want or expect at least some gnashing of teeth or something, anything. Is he just emotionally checked out? Or is he planning his post-game talk to the players? Surely he should be on the phone to tell someone on the field to do something different, the game wasn't even done in terms of the amount of time left, but he sure looked like it was.

SPS will continue to chip it around. Setterfield wont get a game. Dow into the VFL. Newnes and Gibbons will remain. Stocker will make way for Murphy.

Its getting ridiculous.
Based on his performance today in the reserves against Footscray, Setterfield definitely should not get a game next week. He is fighting for his spot on the list IMO.

Teague has beaten three teams inside the top 8 since he has been at the club.

Brisbane, Geelong and Western Bulldogs.

He has made it absolutely abundantly clear - stated specifically - he will not be making a statement at the selection table - and has made it very clear he wont be developing the kids.

I like Teague and think he is one of our better and more enlightened choices in 21 years - but he has some very, VERY serious flaws and he needs to be confronted and either forced to accept he has short comings, or if he can not do that - shown the door.

Why ?

Because failing to develop the kids costs us as a club even after he is gone. They will start walking - we will lose Obrien, Dow, SPS - all of whom are fine players - due to his determination to play Gibbons, Cas, Newnes.

Great coach who is at the start of his career who needs to accept he has some short comings.
Well I’m very happy for the club to trade Dow and O’Brien at seasons end. IMO they are a bust at Carlton. They may do better elsewhere.

Well instead of hiring blokes that are total puppets to the board and Yes men how about we install a no nonsense approach in the coaches box? You mention all these players and put it on them but fail to mention Barker.

We have never had a coach with mongrel in him besides Malthouse who I admit we got to late. We have the talent on the list but just seem to employ sympathizers as our coach and blokes that are just happy to earn a pay check without demanding success because they may hurt a young kids feelings.

Yeah heck that and I am over any nice guy approach from here on in. The last 20 years of trying to be wanna be father figures and shoulders to cry on have got us no where.

Today’s reality and kids need to seriously eat some bags of concrete and harden the heck up or heck off IMO.

Well instead of hiring blokes that are total puppets to the board and Yes men how about we install a no nonsense approach in the coaches box? You mention all these players and put it on them but fail to mention Barker.

We have never had a coach with mongrel in him besides Malthouse who I admit we got to late. We have the talent on the list but just seem to employ sympathizers as our coach and blokes that are just happy to earn a pay check without demanding success because they may hurt a young kids feelings.

Yeah fu** that and I am over any nice guy approach from here on in. The last 20 years of trying to be wanna be father figures and shoulders to cry on have got us no where.

Today’s reality and kids need to seriously eat some bags of concrete and harden the fu** up or fu** off IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back