Preview Geelong V St Kilda Friday 14th May 2021 750pm @ Colonial

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing about him, he always pays respect to the opposition. I highly doubt anyone, especially him would say that about an upcoming opposition.
The only comment I do recall is something Dimma has also said about the Doggies as well- their proclivity to use quick hands to flick the ball out rapidly, and that we had to counter it. I sort of thought he may have been ever so subtly casting dispersions on whether they were legit handballs, as they were so fast

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Out: Rata, Simpson, Dahlhouse
In: Stanley, Narkle, Clark

Suspect selection team will want more ruck power coming up against Ryder/Marshall.
Rata did well V tigers but Ryder and Marshall are both a level up on Nank.
Hope im wrong though. Love watching Rata play.

lines at 14.5 lads and lasses. Stupidly short. make some money on your mob we are not getting with in 6 goals
We are not the swans lol.
Saints at home are a very good team, and Ryder makes you even better, which pinpoints an area of concern in our team.
I would have no surprise at all if you win this game.
Putting so much into that Tigers game will leave us a bit flat. Saints have excellent talls, leg speed, and HGA.

Out: Rata, Simpson, Dahlhouse
In: Stanley, Narkle, Clark

Suspect selection team will want more ruck power coming up against Ryder/Marshall.
Rata did well V tigers but Ryder and Marshall are both a level up on Nank.
Hope im wrong though. Love watching Rata play.
Thought Marshall was out injured? Nank nothing to sneeze at. I think Sav stays regardless.

witsend

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
It seems to me that we struggled against North and Sydney with conversion whilst winning around the contest because both teams recognised they couldn’t win a shootout based on talent and experience. West Coast and Richmond are Too 4 contenders who back their system in. In both cases we won comfortably. We need to work on our balance between attack and defence when numbers by opponents are thrown behind the ball. Our best looks very, very good and we have some crucial players to come back in. Mostly Danger and O’Connor (a genuine tagger who can get the footy as well), but Kolo is Best 22 who knows our Defensive system inside out. Simpson will finish the year as an automatic inclusion. Has genuine grunt and class. Clark is very close to being an auto inclusion. I watched his VFL game on Thursday and he was definitely a class above VFL.
And let’s not forget Miers…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Play it Sam

Cupcakes are muffins who believed in miracles
Jun 25, 2013
Medicoland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Replayaholics
We were still 9 points down half way through the third, before all hell broke loose.
I understand the exciting merit in a 10 goal flogging, can't do much more than that,
but will be interested to see if things have truly clicked and we take up where we left off.

Don't like our propensity to get jumped early, or expect other teams defence to fold like Tiggers did.

Play it Sam

Jun 25, 2013
Medicoland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Replayaholics
The only comment I do recall is something Dimma has also said about the Doggies as well- their proclivity to use quick hands to flick the ball out rapidly, and that we had to counter it. I sort of thought he may have been ever so subtly casting dispersions on the whether they were legit handballs, as they were so fast

If so, pot-kettle. That's their well used cup winning shtick, until now when the rest of the comp has caught up.
If it were a close loss, maybe those aspersions could be cast, but I can't imagine Dimma or any coach making those sort of excuses
after an absolute shellacking.

Play it Sam

Jun 25, 2013
Medicoland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Replayaholics
Other than all of it...

We were clearly the dominant team that night & if we kicked a bit straighter we would have doubled their score

So sure it would have been nice to double their score, but that's easier said than done especially when playing against a team that shows no interest in winning & instead they go in with a game plan to minimise the size of the pending loss. It's hard to play a free flowing game plan as we've clearly been trying to play when a team just repeatedly throws numbers behind the ball taking away the space to work into

On Friday night we doubled Richmond's score which is a far more impressive feat than doubling the score of North

In every sport I've played it's the cellar dwellers stumbling over their own fawking feet that frustrate and bring down the game standard.

Bit left field but could Taheny come in for Dahlhaus to play as a defensive forward? Been playing as a defender in the VFL recently to develop his defensive game but is a natural forward. Is he ready yet?

You’d think though that Clark would come in for Simpson.

How far is O’Connor and Kolo from being available?
Taheny was ordinary in the twos Thursday night. Miles away.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I think this week we have to play a genuine ruck ( hopefully Fort ) and Esava can play as the back up..
Fort form in the VFL, been in the the top 2 best in 3 games...
Reward for efforts

Jenkins kicked allot of goals last week but how was he in the ruck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For the first time in many years, am looking forward to watching no.5 in particular.
Something about goal kickers which help spruik up the game as a spectacle. Dangerfield was fun (for a short period of time) but it became evident he's just lacking that natural brilliance around goal which Cameron possess in bundles.

From 174 games, he has kicked 439 goals. That's an average of 2.5 goals per game.
Like we saw at the Giants, if he has another quality kpp beside him (Himmelberg), he tends to be the one who breaks off the leash to cause the opposition problems.

This will be a good game. Saints are back and running. Their midfield is very deep and with Ryder/Marshall in ruck dictating terms, it will go right down to the wire as Saints are in all sorts if they drop this and go 4-5.
Yes I’m thinking Jezza is quite liking this second defender stuff he’s copping at Geelong.

Jenkins kicked allot of goals last week but how was he in the ruck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He didn’t leave the goal square, and nor should he be allowed to either. Horrendous ruckman.

If so, pot-kettle. That's their well used cup winning shtick, until now when the rest of the comp has caught up.
If it were a close loss, maybe those aspersions could be cast, but I can't imagine Dimma or any coach making those sort of excuses
after an absolute shellacking.
Both times, comments made after the Dogs were beaten by us and Tigers. Not excuses.It is the way they play. Just saying what we all see, and what they had to deal with.

Thought Marshall was out injured? Nank nothing to sneeze at. I think Sav stays regardless.

Marshall is back and he's a handful to control, especially with Ryder in tandem with him.

I'm sure the MC are well aware of the danger they present.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
lines at 14.5 lads and lasses. Stupidly short. make some money on your mob we are not getting with in 6 goals

Disagree. We've been inconsistent and I don't think St Kilda are hopeless. Against the inexperienced Sav or Stanley playing like rubbish (never know which one of him will show up) Ryder could really be a problem too.

On the flip side of that if we do at least compete well in the ruck we could win easy.

We were still 9 points down half way through the third, before all hell broke loose.
I understand the exciting merit in a 10 goal flogging, can't do much more than that,
but will be interested to see if things have truly clicked and we take up where we left off.

Don't like our propensity to get jumped early, or expect other teams defence to fold like Tiggers did.
Not actually true but in any case the worm tells the true story of how we arrested control from the 2nd quarter.
3E13F2AB-FE88-4BC3-8037-B9F198D9C8B1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back