Autopsy Losing a home game at the Gabba - round 8 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Not his point though, I know you aren’t exactly too positive on us at the moment (that’s fine btw) but do you actually think they are going to ‘ream’ us as he said

Yeah not a reaming.

I wouldn't bet on us to win though. Maybe if we were playing an undefeated Melbourne.

AFL player ratings have our top 5 as (in this order): Fyfe, Mundy, Lobb, Darcy, Serong.

Blakely in sixth...
Those "ratings" are and always have been rubbish. How the hell they can rate Blakely sixth, when he has hardly played, yet not even mention Tabs in the top 5 just shows how worthless they are.

Yes, Rory Lobb is in our top 6 highest paid players. That does not mean he is in our top 15 best players.

Those "ratings" are and always have been rubbish. How the hell they can rate Blakely sixth, when he has hardly played, yet not even mention Tabs in the top 5 just shows how worthless they are.

Yes, Rory Lobb is in our top 6 highest paid players. That does not mean he is in our top 15 best players.

i don't know how you would have had tabs in our top 5 players. He was serviceable at best. Dropped a number of marks and was well held.

Surely you’re not suggesting that Tabs was in our best 5?

i don't know how you would have had tabs in our top 5 players. He was serviceable at best. Dropped a number of marks and was well held.
Kicked 2 goals, was our only threat forward, despite being double and triple teamed. Had a brain fart at the end but easily top 5 for me.

Always the response from someone wanting to reject data that doesn't confirm their bias.

No system is perfect, but it's one of the better measures. 82 in supercoach as well.

Are you jealous he earns more than you? Are you his manager? Do you determine what his output needs to be to earn his pay?

Get over yourself. This talk about his pay is seriously pathetic.

FYI, that rating is just for this game, not the season.

Always the response from someone wanting to reject data that doesn't confirm their bias.

No system is perfect, but it's one of the better measures. 82 in supercoach as well.

Are you jealous he earns more than you? Are you his manager? Do you determine what his output needs to be to earn his pay?

Get over yourself. This talk about his pay is seriously pathetic.

FYI, that rating is just for this game, not the season.
The "data" is padded with cheap uncontested posessions and makes no account of the consistent lack of effort and impact he has on the game.

And no, I am not jealous of his pay packet.

He hasn't earned it, and he should not be playing ahead of Meek and Treacy.

He is our 3rd highest paid player after Fyfe and Walters.

Him and Walters have been very very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, and they fully deserve to be criticised for that. To be clear, my low opinion of Lobb predates this season, and is very much due to consistent lack of hard running and poor defensive efforts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicked 2 goals, was our only threat forward, despite being double and triple teamed. Had a brain fart at the end but easily top 5 for me.

He only kicked one more than Lobb and Lobb had 2 more marks and 8 more disposals.

I thought Lobb was fairly good today, he took a few really good contested marks. I tossed up whether to give my 1 vote to him or Tabs before deciding to give it to no one.

Ahhh Tabs.

Anyone else get frustrated with his constant “kick it long” hand gestures? player-with-ball bombs it long inside 50 only for it to get intercept marked.

Then everyone on bigfooty is like “Why do we always kick it long?! Lower the eyes and sack David Hale! Fuccccccckkk!

Fyfe needs to kick goals. Or somebody.
It is so deflating watching the high ball go on then come straight back out.
Or some kook missing easy shots at goal . It destroys the morale. Kills momentum.
Loses games.
Yep seriously
I don't like knocking Fyfe in any way , can even deal with his hair .
But his goal kicking, for a player of his calibre , is now bordering on comical.
Like MM said , he kicks that sitter while we are on a roll the momentum keeps going .
He doesn't
1620562788143.gif

I see your comment as a bandwagoners.

How can you say we need 5 changes, when you only watched 25% of the game?. You suspect, ............
I’m a bandwagoner? Go fist yourself with a pineapple 👍

I said 5 because you could tell who at least 3 of them would be before the game was even played. Lobb, Crowden, Acres and no doubt we’d have an injury or two so Frederick and Conca. I didn’t watch it all, but it’s not hard to know exactly what went down with a quick read through the game day thread. Same script as last week.

Meek
Cerra
Ryan
Treacy
Western

for the ins pls

Last edited:
Lots of negativity here, have a word with yourselves. We lost by 4 goals to a top 4 side playing at home, with 3 defensive players that would walk into most sides and two injuries. These players make us considerably tougher to score on, allow the mids more confidence to push forward.

We're also missing the guy that was 3rd for successful inside 50s. Some don't rate Cerra, but let me tell you, he's been missed, both defensively and offensively.

Plus points from today for me:

1) Liam Henry flashed a bit to suggest he'll be a serious player.

2) Lobb got a couple of goals. Footy, like a lot of things in life is a confidence game. As old Rosco used to say "you can't just run to the store and buy a can". He's come back early from a knee injury and not player brilliantly. Honestly, I stand here agog at this fact. He'll improve and goals will speed that up.

3) We looked great in patches against a quality side (and not just when they eased up). The midfield was pretty solid without Fyfe, and I'm going to back him in to fix his goal kicking by next year. Instantly makes us more dangerous long term.

4) Most of the areas we sucked in are pretty easily fixed. Effort, young players not quite matching it physically, fumbles. It won't be this year, but anothe pre-season and they'll get harder, win some high pressure games and they'll gain confidence, and those fumbles that confident players don't make will disappear, the marls that confident players take will stick, and the goals that confident players kick will be scored.

5) Tabs is still scoring.

In short I don't think we're a million miles away from being a damned good side. Will we win the big one? Who ******* knows, but we'll be up and about, fun to watch, and a team no one's going to love playing, not even thoae campaigners at Lathlain.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When did tabs decide to not lead-up when in the forward 50? He seems to always wanna work his man under the ball and get the cheap one over the back. Its barely worked all season?

The "data" is padded with cheap uncontested posessions and makes no account of the consistent lack of effort and impact he has on the game.
The second part is correct. It is hard to measure lack of effort. You can count pressure acts but can't measure he should have had a pressure act but didn't.

The first part is incorrect. Cheap uncontested possesions do not pad the player rating.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back