Autopsy Rd 8 vs Dogs - 16 point loss. Let's not sugar coat it ... we choked!

Who played well for the Blues in Round 8 vs the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't know that whatsoever.

Can and will, as was outlined during the game we started the game and gained ascendency by throwing an extra player around stoppages, Bulldogs threw their counter to that at us after half time. We didn't respond to their counter well at all. Tactically we hung the players out to dry and they underperformed but were given a mountain to climb.

This sh*t has me sincerely concerned. Crippa 7 minutes on the bench after half time, then 25 minutes straight, 90 seconds off and then 14 odd minutes srtaight to the end of the game. He's not ******* Walsh, he can't run through those extended stints on the field. Absolute shocker management.

Whatever it is Fogarty's handball down the line straight to a dogs player in the middle of the 4th was emblematic. They just have nfi and thats a cultural thing, coming from somewhere in the coaching group or even above them...
I think he was trying to get it past Bont. And instead of using a looping handball over the top to cut Bont out of the equation, he used a fast flat handpass that Bont cut off. Mind you... having Gibbons dink the ball about 14m to him when a Dogs player was breathing down his neck wasn't ideal either.

No, why would it have touched a nerve?
I don't know the bloke.
He's not my brother!

Both haven't yet and bith have said publicly that they'll re-sign.
But at Carlton bf etc, it means if you haven't signed and you're injured during a form slump it automatically means you've checked out and leaving.

Very strange!

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

All good, Judda. I understand what you’re saying and see where you’re coming from. Cripps seems he is doing it tough and is working through issues, showing adversity. I hope he does re-sign, no matter what point of the season it is. Just wish it was sooner than later is all.

I think he was trying to get it past Bont. And instead of using a looping handball over the top to cut Bont out of the equation, he used a fast flat handpass that Bont cut off. Mind you... having Gibbons dink the ball about 14m to him when a Dogs player was breathing down his neck wasn't ideal either.
Exactly right - decision making at it's worst when the games there to be won.

Who Arrow?
It was a joke, because your post used Arrow the assistant coach and it was all his fault :tongueoutv1:
Well... if Arr0w is a senior manager, the only person over him is either the director of the department he's in or the CEO. They'll never take the blame if they stuff up... so it would be Arr0w's fault either way :D

So I haven't read any of this thread yet but my own gut feeling is that our fortunes changed around the point that JSOS got knocked out. I openly admit that I'm a layman when it comes to "football smarts" and all that goes along with dissections, etc but is it just me that thinks he's the gel that helps the team operate better? As an individual his scoring attempts are below par and could really do with improving - watch out if they do I reckon.....the team might just blow up in a good way.

There's the obvious effort (esp. 2nd, 3rd, 4th) JSOS puts in but I don't see him doing anything spectacular like the big name players we marvel (pun intended). However, he is best 22 for me every day of the week. Gutted for him today and I hope Newnes is VERY sorry. Do others agree or am I alone when it comes to my Silvagni love-fest?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly right - decision making at it's worst when the games there to be won.
Our structures go out the window, and the players struggle to get things right because... the structures go out the window.

It's like that scene in the movie "The Replacements". What are you afraid of out on the field... quicksand.

Dogs never played 4 quarters either.....

The difference is they maximise the time when they have momentum and minimise the damage when they don’t have momentum.

This is done by being better skilled offensively and having better work rate, structures and systems defensively.

Also by being gifted a bunch of goals by the umps when they don't have momentum.

Let’s be honest, with the continual s**t performances, terrible mc decisions and putrid assistance coaches, Teague won’t see the year out... our leaders are ******* hopeless, our role players have no idea what role to play, our veterans wouldn’t know what winning is and don’t get me started on playing mids as ******* back pockets..... we will continue to be a bottom 4-6 side until we make major changes and statements!

-Cripps isn’t worth 400k right now.
-Casboult is a traffic cone.
-Pitto couldn’t tap the spin button on a slot machine.
-Williams looks lost.
-Sps is short sighted.
-Newnes has pulled up the handbrake.
-plowman couldn’t stop himself doing a follow through.

Just once. I’d like to see Teague a little animated. Bevo was bouncing around on the sidelines directing his charges.
Teague just sat with that surprised look on his face.

On TV has anyone ever seen Teague talk in the box?
Maybe his just coaching for the good seats..

Maybe Clarkson is tanking the Dawks so he can get the sack and move over to Carlton.

Would love Clarkson..
Better off staying with Teague. Clarkson would be a waste of money, our pea heart best 22 don't even know how to win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On TV has anyone ever seen Teague talk in the box?
Maybe his just coaching for the good seats..

Would love Clarkson..
Better off staying with Teague. Clarkson would be a waste of money, our pea heart best 22 don't even know how to win
I think that they know how to win... I just think that our mids keep falling into quicksand (seen my reply to SkyhorseTamer for the video explanation).

Let’s be honest, with the continual sh*t performances, terrible mc decisions and putrid assistance coaches, Teague won’t see the year out... our leaders are ******* hopeless, our role players have no idea what role to play, our veterans wouldn’t know what winning is and don’t get me started on playing mids as ******* back pockets..... we will continue to be a bottom 4-6 side until we make major changes and statements!

-Cripps isn’t worth 400k right now.
-Casboult is a traffic cone.
-Pitto couldn’t tap the spin button on a slot machine.
-Williams looks lost.
-Sps is short sighted.
-Newnes has pulled up the handbrake.
-plowman couldn’t stop himself doing a follow through.
Damn... I would say don't go the full Forrest Gump... but it's too late... you already have.

Jeez, haven't struck a nerve have I? But by all means, continue to make things up and deride other posters as you always do.

I love the freedom you feel to abuse me and completely break board and site rules on here.

Speaks absolute volumes about this board and yourself.
Stop hunting in packs. Nerve struck? Please.....

Yep. We need to spend the rest of the season giving all of the kids a go and see what we have.
They should drop Williams & McGovern to the ressies until they start justifying their salaries.
Martin....just looks as though we have a surplus of his type atm.
Casboult again is the X factor. Easy to say get rid of him, but he is so important. He is big, can mark and can play in the ruck and play well.
Big guys like him are hard to find. Pittonet needs a few more years, and DeKonning needs time as well and put on a few kilos.

I guarantee you weren’t thinking that at 3/4 time. It would send a terrible message to the young players on our list and potential recruits.

Geez there are some overreactions In here.

Stop hunting in packs. Nerve struck? Please.....

Well I mean, I didn't mention you or anyone else by name, but here you are taking huge offense and getting classically narky and belligerent over it.

That you openly abuse me says it all on multiple fronts. We all know no action will be taken against you so let's have it...

I guarantee you weren’t thinking that at 3/4 time. It would send a terrible message to the young players on our list and potential recruits.

Geez there are some overreactions In here.
ya reckon?

Well I mean, I didn't mention you or anyone else by name, but here you are taking huge offense and getting classically narky and belligerent over it.

That you openly abuse me says it all on multiple fronts. We all know no action will be taken against you so let's have it...
How have I abused you? Anything like the stuff you throw at our players, or different?

Back