VFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

First litmus test for Frankston asked by one of the better interstate clubs and answered it superbly.

Freeman excellent again. Bailey Lambert 4 goals after 5 last week.

Williamstown finished strongly against Port Melbourne who look undermanned considering what they usually look like.

Werribee giving Richmond a touch up was surprising. Former man child Hayden Garoni the star with 4 goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree Yoda, you boys where just too good. Great Atmosphere loved it.

Sharks looked strong but probably lost their way after bad kicking - that's two weeks in a row now.
I liked the Giants persistence and sticking to their processes.
I didn't see any major injuries to either side's key players.
All the best to the Sharks for the rest of this interesting season. 👌
Sharks the week before should off beaten Aspley by 8 goals.

Big game Blues V Doggies tomorrow. Chanel 7 live so will be plenty watching.

Jummara Ugle No.1 pick playing to add extra interest .

Blues been good and really should be undefeated , Doggies are!!
Should be a cracker.

Am told it is a ticketed game but went past Whitten Oval a week or so ago and temp. fencing not up.
Would they go to the expense of putting it up for what will probably only be a few thousand at best?
Essendon V Blues at Windy Hill last week was a free walk up game and they could have secured it at no cost?
Crowd was probably around 1000 on a lovely day? Surely wouldnt expect more here particularly mothers day.

Southport beat North Melbourne by 107 points yesterday...

Hard to believe an AFL reserves team could get beaten that badly by a standalone team from Queensland.

Southport must be the real deal and the current North Melbourne reserves must be one of the worst teams to ever compete in the VFL.

Hard to believe an AFL reserves team could get beaten that badly by a standalone team from Queensland.

Southport must be the real deal and the current North Melbourne reserves must be one of the worst teams to ever compete in the VFL.
Southport is a good club a strong club in playing and administration with heaps of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ should have been admitted to the AFL as Southport Suns before the Gold Coast and I will say if this had happened I think it would have won an AFL Premiership by now and a destination club for players coaches and administrators instead of any of the big Victorian clubs.
As for the North Melbourne Football Club at the VFL level the less said the better.

i went to the game and tbh nth reserves with 6 listed players would’ve been flat out beating the stronger QAFL clubs. Sharks were ok but can play better for sure

Southport is a good club a strong club in playing and administration with heaps of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ should have been admitted to the AFL as Southport Suns before the Gold Coast and I will say if this had happened I think it would have won an AFL Premiership by now and a destination club for players coaches and administrators instead of any of the big Victorian clubs.
As for the North Melbourne Football Club at the VFL level the less said the better.

Southport Sharks sounds better.
But if they joined then because of Collingwood they would have need to change the black to grey.

But I heard they are the Collingwood/Port Adelaide of Queensland and many would therefore not get behind them.

What’s with these black and white sides to generate such hate?

Yeah maybe my wording wasn’t right but you get my point. Released 3 players and didn’t allow 19 others to go back and help there community clubs, play with some mates, and maybe make a few $$. That’s crap I’m my book.

The VFL list rules state that only 4 of the 22 selected player the previous week are permitted to play in lower level leagues when they have a bye.

So Coburg released 3 out of the permitted 4, plus 17 others. I doubt any other VFL club would be doing that at all!

Southport Sharks sounds better.
But if they joined then because of Collingwood they would have need to change the black to grey.

But I heard they are the Collingwood/Port Adelaide of Queensland and many would therefore not get behind them.

What’s with these black and white sides to generate such hate?
Yes you do have a point there but if the jumper had a bit of Sky Blue with red and a Yellow SFC on it with Sky Blue shorts for home games.
Plus when the discussions were being held for a 2nd Qld team didn't Southport put an offer on the table of a $1 million for a Foundation member to win if they join up as an AFL member? but I may be wrong on that but I do know they did have 60k members of their sports club at some stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like a second opinion about that because I've been reliably told that they hate each other's guts.
Happy for clarification from anyone who knows more than me.
Don't have any intel but you can see Southport Sharks branding at Suns home games as recently as last week.

I'd like a second opinion about that because I've been reliably told that they hate each other's guts.
Happy for clarification from anyone who knows more than me.
Highly doubt it. The Sharks sponsor us and their branding is all around our stadium. In fact, all Suns members are entitled to free Southport membership. A lot of co-promoting going on between the two clubs and Southport's president is a Suns life member as well as being a former board member at the Suns. Nothing I can see suggests the two clubs hate each other. It's in both of their best interests to stay on good terms.

Highly doubt it. The Sharks sponsor us and their branding is all around our stadium. In fact, all Suns members are entitled to free Southport membership. A lot of co-promoting going on between the two clubs and Southport's president is a Suns life member as well as being a former board member at the Suns. Nothing I can see suggests the two clubs hate each other. It's in both of their best interests to stay on good terms.

1.1 million a year sponsorship for 10 years was the deal and was a key reason the Suns got a license.

sharks also got a couple seats on the board.

the sponsorship has recently expired and sharks no longer in position to carry on sponsorship to the same which of course isn’t great news for the Suns but obviously there’s still an arrangement there of some kind

Nuff said.
There's always someone disgruntled with a situation that evolved in that way, and it seems that I was talking to that guy.
Happy to let it all go.
Whatever, the Sharks have an impressive setup going there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back