List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Then dig in arrest momentum and work back into the game .
We shouldnt be taken apart because 1 player is off the ground for a prolonged period .
Sadly they seem to be directed to play at breakneck speed at all costs no matter the circumstances .
We cannot play the slow tempo possession game. Malthouse & Bolton tried it and it cost them their jobs. We recruited Saad to break the lines and give us the drive from the back line, and change up the game. Can't do that when you are sitting on the bench for the crucial 12 minutes of the quarter. By the time he was back on the ground it was too late, as were under siege, and our defence lost its shape.

Let’s face it folks we lack talent. We are simply not good enough. Same as the reserves earlier in the day against the Dogs. We are continuing to suffer from poor recruiting. Dow, O’Brien and Stocker are a bust - at least as far as we are concerned because they don’t give us the value SOS thought that they would. I fear Cripps may be in decline as well.

Private school boys?

Think you are going too early on these so called busts, things change very quickly

We cannot play the slow tempo possession game. Malthouse & Bolton tried it and it cost them their jobs. We recruited Saad to break the lines and give us the drive from the back line, and change up the game. Can't do that when you are sitting on the bench for the crucial 12 minutes of the quarter. By the time he was back on the ground it was too late, as were under siege, and our defence lost its shape.

You are going from one extreme to another.

Teague needs to find a better balance with our attacking setup/game, which will improve defensive structure

All I can say is that I hope we factored Harry inflation into our salary cap calculations. Will be distressing if we have to low ball him because we have Williams big money.
If we run into trouble lets just trade Mcgovern return on investment has been a disaster and see no reason it will turn around .

You are going from one extreme to another.

Teague needs to find a better balance with our attacking setup/game, which will improve defensive structure
Teague is not up to the job, and neither are his assistants. That game was lost in the coaches box. Saad on the bench for the crucial 12 minutes of the last quarter when we needed some drive and breaking lines. Cripps on the bench for the first 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter when he has just had a 15 minute break at half time. Williams making zero impact should have been benched or hidden somewhere.

You have Adam Yze sitting at Melbourne doing a brilliant job by all reports as is Pike at Sydney and Voss at Port. Time to start targeting who we want for next season. 2021 is over. Forget Lyon, he is after a retirement package and we have already done that with Malthouse.

Teague is not up to the job, and neither are his assistants. That game was lost in the coaches box. Saad on the bench for the crucial 12 minutes of the last quarter when we needed some drive and breaking lines. Cripps on the bench for the first 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter when he has just had a 15 minute break at half time. Williams making zero impact should have been benched or hidden somewhere.

You have Adam Yze sitting at Melbourne doing a brilliant job by all reports as is Pike at Sydney and Voss at Port. Time to start targeting who we want for next season. 2021 is over. Forget Lyon, he is after a retirement package and we have already done that with Malthouse.

You are cherry picking

Just like someone was claiming the Lions assistants were flag winners.

Teague still has time to make some tweaks, doesn't need much, but it is a mindset change

You are cherry picking

Teague still has time to make some tweaks, doesn't need much, but it is a mindset change

Does Teague manage the matchday rotations or was it someone else's stuff up?

Doesn't excuse him from picking up the phone though and telling them to get Cripps in the guts(unless injured), get Williams on the bench and Saad on the field.

Does Teague manage the matchday rotations or was it someone else's stuff up?

Doesn't excuse him from picking up the phone though and telling them to get Cripps in the guts(unless injured), get Williams on the bench and Saad on the field.

Tough one, I guess unless there was a goal or a throw in on that side, they really can't make the change

I said last week ideally, we don't want to lose Cripps but we could use it to springboard a mini reset.

I'm starting to think it would be best for both parties if we did conjure up a trade with Freo. It's obvious now that Harry's contract is the most important one to lock in and losing Cripps will give us the ability to make Harry the offer he deserves. Cripps is playing like a bloke who needs a fresh start.

I've been saying for years we need more A grade mids. We got one in Walsh. Unfortunately in the mean time, our other A grade mid has become C grade. That's how much he has fallen. The attempt to brand Williams as another A grade mid after one game against the Pies was all hype as usual. Williams is about as far from being an A grade mid as one can get.

Then there are the KPP issues we are facing because the geniuses decided to hold a grudge on SOS and delist Ben before he even got a chance to show anything. They also dumped Macreadie and only brought in OMac.

We've been crap with our development too. Dow, LOB, SPS, Setters.. these are players that went top 10, three of them top 6 in their drafts, can't tell me this is all they've got at AFL level. Sometimes you get a bust with high end picks but fmd all four of them struggling to cement a spot in this midfield? Need to get Williams the f out of our midfield asap. If we trade Cripps to Freo we should be getting Cerra and their 1st pick in return, a compo pick won't do for losing our captain.

Then we need to run with Walsh, Cerra, Dow, SPS, Setters, Stocker, LOB, Cunners, Martin and Fisher going forward. 2022 will be the 5th season for the 2017 draftees so time for them and those taken in drafts before them to step up and see which ones are going to cut it. Whoever can't prove themselves out of that crop next year is trade bait.

Cut our losses with Pitto and trade him for a token pick in the 4th or 5th round that we can spend on a project ruckman. If TDK goes down again, we can send our project ruck into battle, probably give us more than Pitto anyway.

Spend our top draft picks on the best talls available. That is a non negotiable afaic. As much as I'd love to be able to bring in established KPPs so we don't have to wait a few years for them to develop, it's just not going to happen without selling the farm.

We need another lockdown KPD, a KPP swingman and a KPF with our first 3 draft picks in that order imo. Ideally the top 2 picks we have should we lose Cripps will both be top 10 and grant us access to the best young KPP talent. Say we finish around 10th and the Dockers around 12th leaves us with picks #7 + #9 + #27
No disrespect intended, but would you be willing to give up effectively more than two top 10 picks for Cripps? Because that's what Cerra + 1st equates to. I think if you got Cerra in return for Cripps, you'd be ecstatic. His form has dropped immensely, and Cerra is a future A grader for sure

No disrespect intended, but would you be willing to give up effectively more than two top 10 picks for Cripps? Because that's what Cerra + 1st equates to. I think if you got Cerra in return for Cripps, you'd be ecstatic. His form has dropped immensely, and Cerra is a future A grader for sure
He was the best player in the league 2 years ago and is only 26.

If a club is chasing him they're assuming they can get him back to that level.

Cerra is all potential atm.

Williams is too fat and can’t run well enough to play on the wing or midfield, it’s not his fault anyone would have taken that ridiculous contract he was offered, however he is a $350,000 player getting paid around $800,000 and someone should be held accountable it may end up costing us Harry or Cripps.
Or even worse WALSH

If we run into trouble lets just trade Mcgovern return on investment has been a disaster and see no reason it will turn around .
you will get absolutely nothing for him especially with his injury profile and paper thin hamstrings._. May as well keep him and pay less than half of what is currently on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you will get absolutely nothing for him especially with his injury profile and paper thin hamstrings._. May as well keep him and pay less than half of what is currently on
Fair point never know what a desperate freo might do if they drop off towards the end of this year .
Clubs may also take into account that they already know that Carltons player development and injury management is poor .
So may take a punt on him as he does have the talent but its just not working atm with us .

You are cherry picking

When you say it doesn’t need much what do you mean?
I’m not sure how much longer he can be persisted with if we’re going to continue to give up scores in bursts. He’s head coach, he needs to be a accountable

Sure Cripps' form has fallen. But he has shown what he is capable of and if Freo are going to try and pry a captain out of a Vic club then they've got to believe in his value.

And no, I wouldn't be ecstatic to lose our captain for a kid who has potential but hasn't really proven anything yet. What a stupid thing to say, no disrespect intended.

Sure Cripps' form has fallen. But he has shown what he is capable of and if Freo are going to try and pry a captain out of a Vic club then they've got to believe in his value.

And no, I wouldn't be ecstatic to lose our captain for a kid who has potential but hasn't really proven anything yet. What a stupid thing to say, no disrespect intended.
I imagine it would be pretty hard playing with a broken back …

I’m not sure how much longer he can be persisted with if we’re going to continue to give up scores in bursts. He’s head coach, he needs to be a accountable

I honestly don't think getting rid of Teague is the right answer.

I reckon we need to get some better support for him. Right now we have Barker and Stanton coaching two of the areas we absolutely suck in. It's not a surprise to me.

He needs to make the adjustments quickly.

He has altered some aspects, unfortunately, they are more attacking layers, rather than slower tempo/composure layers

With Pitto and Cas both hobbling yesterday and TDK only just back, who is currently option 4? Liam Jones I suppose, silly to cut that fine.

Private school boys?

Think you are going too early on these so called busts, things change very quickly
Most are some variation on the 'man boy' or 'boy man' (whatever) trope, private school or not. They might make decent enough players by the mid-late stages of their careers, coming off the bench, but I doubt they are the starting 18 types we need. The point is, we need to move on the players that are floundering to cement a spot in the side but could help get us something we do need. That's not all of them, but it is one or two.

Last edited:
Most are some variation on the 'man boy' or 'boy man' (whatever) trope, private school or not. They might make decent enough players by the mid-late stages of their careers, coming off the bench, but I doubt they are the starting 18 types we need. The point is, we need to move on the players that are floundering to cement a spot in the side but could help get us something we do need. That's not all of them, but it is one or two.

You don't move on players that are floundering, if their improvement is strong enough to contribute to best 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Back