• Adelaide by a little

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Port by a little

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 32 71.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The best part about trolling Port is that of course everyone knows that for all intents and purposes, Port Power and Port Magpies are the same.

But the fact there are some technicalities in there you can bring up seems to really irritate Port. Like they always have to prove they are actually from 1870 and not 1997 gets under their skin quite a bit.

Very amusing

No sh*t.

Read the article the AFL commission recognises that the Port Adelaide playing in the AFL now has rights to their 36 flags they won in the sanfl
I have no problem with port wanting to honour its heritage. No one really does. It just looks from an outsider port is doing this unnecessarily. What I mean is Port agreed to all terms to enter the AFL including not wearing the prison bars. The afl has granted on several occasions for port to wear its prison bars. Most people just don't understand the need for twice a year.

Port could tomorrow create and wear a prison bar guernsey in the AFL in 2022. Just colour wash it with some teal lightning bolts or something. It would honour the heritage every game and it would totally kill Collingwoods involvement. Why is it so hard.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The best part about trolling Port is that of course everyone knows that for all intents and purposes, Port Power and Port Magpies are the same.

But the fact there are some technicalities in there you can bring up seems to really irritate Port. Like they always have to prove they are actually from 1870 and not 1997 gets under their skin quite a bit.

Very amusing
This

None of us care

If tomorrow they get granted permission to wear the prison bars... who gives a s**t.

It's like football fans who melt when you call football soccer. Care factor zero but nuffies get wound up

Blackadder: I've got just one thing to say to you... Macbeth.

Sitting top four, playing good football, should be enjoying themselves... but their TV show Chairman has launched a whingeathon

Except you'd hear more and more and more about it.
Only if they leave the door open. Shut it down now.
We all know how much Port like to re-write history. If Collingwood and the AFL don't jump all over this, Port will be wearing black & White exclusively in 10 years time and claiming they always have,

Won a showdown, sitting top 4, mother's day. What should we do? Have a few beers and enjoy the sunshine? Chat on our board about who played well and our upcoming games?

Nah * that, jump on teh Cowz forum and edgacat ejjakate ejucait argue wiv em about the baaaz.

Very amusing
I think we can all agree that once the Magpies became the Power Reserves (as they are now since they have dropped the Magpies logo) logically they are the club formed in 1870.

Just like the shiny MG badge and heritage on cheap Chinese cars.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

also who the fu** drives an mg?

Especially the cheap Chinese knockoff ones that are currently being produced.

The fact their major sponsor is a modern day Christopher Skase and a cheap Chinese knock off brand says it all.

Not to mention the cringeworthy KFC drums they have at games (and Kochie delivering KFC to the premium bays) - we’ve had our shockers of activations but their KFC activation is worse than anything we’ve done!

I hope Collingwood turn around now and say "see. All they want is to be black and white. That's it. We are done. They never get to wear it or anything like it again. All uniforms must have teal in them." At least that way we won't have to hear about it ever again.
👍🏼 I’m fed up with this 1870 crap
They’re teal
That’s that
Nor you with ours but you chose to post here at 1am about it

You love your current guernsey but spent 2 weeks wanting another one? Give me a break - its marketing 101
But
But
Heritage 🤣
Because of the history of how we are both in the AFL and the showdown was appropriate. Why do you care that it was against you? It's not a dig at your club whatsoever.. more to the point why do you even care what we wear?
Why did you care what we wear ?

I reckon you have sold them before then other wise there'd be less than 100 jumpers getting around.
The issue is you guys push and push and want more and more and when told no, you squeal like stuck pigs.
They’ll come unstuck over the selling of this thing
What are on about?
We are black and white they're are our origins.. you might be seeing SANFL guernseys or ones without AFL logos.....whocares if we want to sell them anyway. People tell us to pay our way. Can't win
No
You’re teal silver black and white
So make a guernsey using those colours
you keep changing your minds

I thought your last Back in Black designed by a kid based on the state jumper was the be all and end all

It’s so boring watching you trying to muscle the big boys
We shouldn't be told NO that's the point. Can't have it both ways. Every other professional sporting organisation in the world wouldn't have a issue with it, can't blame the fans. What's that got to do with your distaste of us wearing it against you though?

well
You’ve been told NO

If you had any guts at all you would have worn it for the game
If it means that much ....

But
Ya didnt
Won a showdown, sitting top 4, mother's day. What should we do? Have a few beers and enjoy the sunshine? Chat on our board about who played well and our upcoming games?

Nah fu** that, jump on teh Cowz forum and edgacat ejjakate ejucait argue wiv em about the baaaz.

Hilarious this little feral is !

I think its a publicity stunt more than 'honouring your history' - its a marketing gimmick

If it was honouring your history the team would do it after every match
That 24 year history is really worth honouring🤣

Port never had any official stance against Crows wearing the state jumper. Past SA champions that weren't even linked to Port Adelaide had issues with it as they should , the Adelaide crows had no link to the state representation, they didn't represent the SANFL. If you wear a state jumper that's fine to me though just ensure you put somewhere , minus Port Adelaide.

also who the fu** drives an mg?
Clearly the same people that all drive Renaults

lol
They try ssssooo hard with sponsorship and constantly fail

I do get KFC though - perfect supporter demographic for that bucket of greasy cat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll end up there due to fixturing
Wasn't quite sure where you were coming from so had a look at the fixture. Lucky home games against the better sides coming up. Mind you we've had Geelong and will get Melbourne Lions and Eagles at home...and we also get them away before the end of the season.

But. How did the minor premier end up not playing any double up matches against any of last years top 5? There were 4 possibles, but not one double up. Thats a pretty lucky fixture.

Last edited:
There wasn't any formal complaints to the AFL, she was asked a question by a journalist and she's right. That's what state representation is. That isn't your clubs roots? She wasn't the only one against it.
Correct
There was Tredrea opening his gob, Koch bought in on it ....
She was in charge of media

If you don’t think port played the major part in sooking up over it , you’re wrong

And yet your club has a go at Eddie
Hypocrites

Correct
There was Tredrea opening his gob, Koch bought in on it ....
She was in charge of media

If you don’t think port played the major part in sooking up over it , you’re wrong

And yet your club has a go at Eddie
Hypocrites
Tyson Edwards, Mark Naley, Garry McIntosh, Peter Motley, and John Platten all had issues with it as well as the general football public and the SANFL cancelled it.

Port should have a issue with it ? Lol

It was the most ridiculous idea ever, you'd be representing past PA players when you were a new identity created in 1990 from Ports attempts to join the AFL. The SA Guernsey was earned it had no connections to any clubs.

You wouldn't see Collingwood or Carlton throw on the big V would you? Can you imagine Carlton if Collingwood did that?

Tyson Edwards, Mark Naley, Garry McIntosh, Peter Motley, and John Platten all had issues with it as well as the general football public and the SANFL cancelled it.

Port should have a issue with it ? Lol

It was the most ridiculous idea ever, you'd be representing past PA players when you were a new identity created in 1990 from Ports attempts to join the AFL. The SA Guernsey was earned it had no connections to any clubs.

You wouldn't see Collingwood or Carlton throw on the big V would you? Can you imagine Carlton if Collingwood did that?
Hang on a sec
So now we can’t draw on our SANFL history but you can ?

I DGAF what jumper we wear

The time effort and distress your club has gone through over this would be better placed searching for replacement sponsors for your failed China idea and Gupta going into Admin

Once again
Your clubs perspective is clouded with the whining over your past instead of focusing on your future

anyway

you want to continue this take it to the Bay

I don’t know why you’re even on our boards
135BC7EE-434F-4C20-9D97-C1CF7479971D.jpeg

Last edited:
The thing I don't get about the Port jumper thing is that it was very clearly done to thumb their nose at the AFL, rather than to celebrate their heritage.

It's extremely obvious that this was done with an air of "oh boy, wait until the AFL get a load of THIS!" Sfellows and grins and high fives all round. Gonna epically own the nuffies at AFL house!!

Except, everybody just thinks it's kind of pathetic. Of course there are some Crows supporters angry, but those are the kind of Crows supporters who would get angry at a Port player for continuing to breathe. Eddie McGuire is full of bluster but that's just Eddie being Eddie. Everyone else just kind of shrugged their shoulders, shook their heads, and said "who hurt you guys?" It didn't make Port look strong, or proud, or defiant. It just made them look a bit pissy, insecure, and starved for attention.

This whole thing has big "haha jokes on you, I tricked you into thinking I'm an idiot!" energy to it.

The thing I don't get about the Port jumper thing is that it was very clearly done to thumb their nose at the AFL, rather than to celebrate their heritage.

It's extremely obvious that this was done with an air of "oh boy, wait until the AFL get a load of THIS!" Sfellows and grins and high fives all round. Gonna epically own the nuffies at AFL house!!

Except, everybody just thinks it's kind of pathetic. Of course there are some Crows supporters angry, but those are the kind of Crows supporters who would get angry at a Port player for continuing to breathe. Eddie McGuire is full of bluster but that's just Eddie being Eddie. Everyone else just kind of shrugged their shoulders, shook their heads, and said "who hurt you guys?" It didn't make Port look strong, or proud, or defiant. It just made them look a bit pissy, insecure, and starved for attention.

This whole thing has big "haha jokes on you, I tricked you into thinking I'm an idiot!" energy to it.

It's such an "edgy kid" move.

"Oh we have to wear ties at school? Well I'm going to tie mine in a real stupid way because there's nothing to say it has to look a certain way." Thinking that their big brain move will have the teachers fuming at being outsmarted, when the teachers are just thinking "He's got a tie. I don't give anywhere near enough *s to push the issue." Meanwhile everyone else just sits and cringes.

I remember certain Richmond people fuming about the yellow jumper in the 2017 GF because traditions. Yet everyone internally just said "Who cares what we wear, we have a GF to win". And then they rocked up and dominated us and it's now an iconic image, and has its own place in the history books. Port could really learn a few things from the way Richmond handled that and that history doesn't have to be ancient to count.

Imagine, just imagine if someone with the logic of these Crow supporters was part of the negotiations to get port into the AFL back in 96'. The exchange would have been something like this.

PAFC: We continue to be the best team in the SANFL we deserve the 2nd SA licence, in fact if it wasn't for us the amalgamation of SANFL teams know as the crows wouldn't even be in the AFL in 1990.

AFL: yea good point. What do you want to be called and what colours do you wear?

PAFC: We want to be the Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club as we have been for over 100 years. We want to wear black and white stripes as we have done so for over 100 years and most of our success/dominance was donning the black and white.

AFL: Good point, problem is we have a team called Collingwood who are known as the Magpies and wear black and white stripes. Are you willing to compromise?

PAFC (if a Crow person was part of the negotiations): No.

PAFC (the actual PAFC): Yes, that is fair enough. We will keep the black and white but we shall compromise on adding teal and calling ourselves the Power, but our SANFL team remains the Magpies as that doesn't conflict with Collingwood.

Like what did you bananas expect Port to do, just fall over backwards and say yea nah don't worry about the AFL license if we cant wear B&W and call ourselves the magpies. Ghee whiz where the brain cells or lack thereof in your thinking.

This identity crisis you all speak of it ludacris. How can you even suggets that PAFC in the AFl has noting to do with the PAFC from the SANFl. Like where else did we bloody come from? We train at the same grounds, we sell our merch from the same premises, we have the same fan base (albeit there would be some who follow the maggies and not the power and vice versa - and that's fine it certainty doesn't mean its two separate clubs). Its one club two teams, obvioulsy it can't be one club one team, because one team plays SANFl the other AFl. Jesus the SANFL team is our reserves team. what more evidence do you people want.

ou cannot manufacture history. There i sno need to be jealous of ours. In 70 years time when you have 100 yea son the clock and hwen your all dead then your kids and their kids can talk about AFCs rich history. You'll get there, but dont try and manufacture smoehting whihc doesn't exist yet, and don't be jealous that your next door neighbours do have a rich history.
Thats fine but no one but ports cares about it.
As I said yesterday, when you complete in the olympics no one cares about your state titles especially when you've achieved stuff all in the highest comp.

Back