Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
8 (divided by 2) - May
8 (divided by 2) - TMac
8 (divided by 2) - Oliver
8 - nil!!!!!!!!! Woo 🤪

7D2B4799-0EAF-4E53-9741-8F1B52679324.gif

More than 50% of the voters gave Harmes votes.
Doesn’t make it right. Trump got more than 50% in 2016 and Biden got more than 50% in 2020. people vote for anything and anyone.

people voted for Jordan too, so does he deserve votes too? Or is 50% the cut off Mark? I wouldn’t suggest that people‘s opinion on the Internet forum vindicates your argument.

personally I didn’t think either one of were worthy of my vote so I didn’t give them votes.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Doesn’t make it right. Trump got more than 50% in 2016 and Biden got more than 50% in 2020. people vote for anything and anyone.

people voted for Jordan too, so does he deserve votes too? Or is 50% the cut off Mark? I wouldn’t suggest that people‘s opinion on the Internet forum vindicates your argument.

personally I didn’t think either one of were worthy of my vote so I didn’t give them votes.
Ok well I thought Harmes was and I gave him a vote

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Tmac 8
May 3
Hibberd 1

My player evaluation skills need help, because I thought Oliver was pure s**t, but I’m sure all of you aren’t wrong.

Also, Trump got 46% in 2016.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tmac 8
May 3
Hibberd 1

My player evaluation skills need help, because I thought Oliver was pure sh*t, but I’m sure all of you aren’t wrong.

Also, Trump got 46% in 2016.

Oliver's game was very very hard to rank. He stopped Sydney's forward momentum many times by winning the ball and getting it going back our way. That's worth a lot in wet conditions.

Then again his use of the ball, particularly when he was in space and had time to kick to our advantage, was appalling. If Sydney had capitalised better on some of his turnovers then he would have got more flak and less plaudits.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Oliver's game was very very hard to rank. He stopped Sydney's forward momentum many times by winning the ball and getting it going back our way. That's worth a lot in wet conditions.

Then again his use of the ball, particularly when he was in space and had time to kick to our advantage, was appalling. If Sydney had capitalised better on some of his turnovers then he would have got more flak and less plaudits.

I’ll give the game another watch at some point this week, and give a closer watch to Clarry. I think it’s possible when the game becomes a muddled scrum that I don’t always know who ends up winning possession, I’m just left feeling good or bad depending on which way the ball ends up going. There was a ton of that this game, and maybe it’s an area that he shines.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Oliver almost single handedly stopped Sydney's momentum in the last quarter. He was absolutely everywhere. He had two horrid kicks in that period as well though that really stuck out. Would be BOG with better disposal but also can't ignore his impact due to it. We'd have lost without him.

4 - Tmac
3 - Salem
2 - Oliver
2 - May
1 - Harmes

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
One negative play that stuck out beyond his terrible disposals was early in the fourth, where I thought Gawn had one of his few decent taps from the center square and Oliver simply didn’t handle it. And then he made, what looked to me, to be a half hearted tackle attempt on the Swan who did possess it. It led to an immediate Swan goal. The camera than panned to Gawn giving Oliver a shrugged shoulder while seeming to be pretty frustrated.

What does everyone think of May's game? Got all the credit from the commentators but relying on their opinions is little like asking a monkey to solve the Rubik's cube.

I think he was really solid but spooked by Franklin. Posted somewhere already that he didn't go for any marks but perhaps thats down partly to conditions. Either way he got the free coffee machine he was looking for.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
What does everyone think of May's game? Got all the credit from the commentators but relying on their opinions is little like asking a monkey to solve the Rubik's cube.

I think he was really solid but spooked by Franklin. Posted somewhere already that he didn't go for any marks but perhaps thats down partly to conditions. Either way he got the free coffee machine he was looking for.

Second behind Tmac for me.

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne

I thought he was very, very good. Kept Franklin quiet and also set us up beautifully.

Second behind Tmac for me.

Same for me. Will be interested to see the coaches' votes.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Lever didn't take a single mark for the game. Don't think it was the right conditions and seemed to be a bit of a directive almost to spoil first.

LarryDavidNeitz

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne

Thought he was very good again. At least 3 or 4 times Franklin was in a great position one on one to work him under the ball but wasn't able to do it and May got a fist in.
Didn't see anything to indicate he was spooked by Franklin, probably showed him due respect by not trying to outmark him on a wet day and risk Buddy picking up a spilt mark and kicking a goal.

I've got absolutely zero doubt that if May played for the Swans and lines up on Tmac or Brown we lose that game by 3-4 goals.

I've got absolutely zero doubt that if May played for the Swans and lines up on Tmac or Brown we lose that game by 3-4 goals.
On current form Tmac vs May is the epitome of the unstoppable force verses the immovable object.

May clear BOG for me, tell me how many times a player has held Franklin to no score at all when playing a game out and hasnt come off injured ...couldn't be more than 5 times for his career?

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
May clear BOG for me, tell me how many times a player has held Franklin to no score at all when playing a game out and hasnt come off injured ...couldn't be more than 5 times for his career?

They were saying on the radio call it was only the fifth time or something in Franklin's career, and I guess that includes games where he's come off early.

It's a very close season so far. Yet to have a standout player.

Round 8 v Swans, 2021 results:
102 votes/25 - Tom McDonald
63 votes/24 - Clayton Oliver
58 votes/24 - Steven May
35 votes/21 - Christian Salem
17 votes/13 - James Harmes
-------------
8 votes/7 - James Jordon
5 votes/3 - Charlie Spargo
3 votes/3 - Michael Hibberd
3 votes/2 - Christian Petracca
2 votes/2 - Ben Brown