Player Watch Jordan De Goey (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First it's Grundy and Roughead's unrest towards Bucks now this. We've got a mole!

Adam's stated as much in the article. It's a very damaging thing for leaks as such to occur from within the inner sanctum.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
Adam's stated as much in the article. It's a very damaging thing for leaks as such to occur from within the inner sanctum.
We either have someone in the inner sanctum undermining the team and coach or it was a planned leak to motivate Degoo.

We either have someone in the inner sanctum undermining the team and coach or it was a planned leak to motivate Degoo.

If it ever came full circle the people that planned the leak would lose trust and credibility. I wonder if clubs actually play these games.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC
If it ever came full circle the people that planned the leak would lose trust and credibility. I wonder if clubs actually play these games.
It seems the more likely of the two scenarios imo. It certainly worked a treat.
Long term you have to wonder about the effect on trust and group bonding though.

would lose trust and credibility

1620692836716.png

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think the criticism has been a bit harsh at least on his offensive game. The number of times this year that he's had oodles of space and we've just completely f’ed up the pass to him ...
He is as sulky and disruptive as a certain Richmond forward - now commentator (for want of a better word) - just too lazy to ever make the big time.

Jul 3, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Heat, Victory, Man Utd, Redskins
I want to keep him, but he should be one of the first tested under our new and improved wage structure.

You either take what you are worth, perhaps slightly unders if you believe in the club and want to help us win a flag. (That goes for everyone)

If you want what the market is offering you, you can go.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I want to keep him, but he should be one of the first tested under our new and improved wage structure.

You either take what you are worth, perhaps slightly unders if you believe in the club and want to help us win a flag. (That goes for everyone)

If you want what the market is offering you, you can go.

I don’t have an issue with the salary range he’s on. Just prefer he was more consistently performing at the level to merit it.

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
What an odd game to bump this thread. He was easily our best player today. He was 1 of the most impactful players on the field.

Now to find some consistency...
Consistency is the key.
Perhaps now that the season is shot we can play him in the middle for the rest of the season and see what happens?

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
We lack goal kicking capable mids. I’ve been a Degoey forward fan. But we need scoring from the midfield as well. 80% midfield, I’m a convert. Really stepped up, and given BUCKLEYS gameplan, he’s lost up forward.

Which makes Stengle even more a priority

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
We lack goal kicking capable mids. I’ve been a Degoey forward fan. But we need scoring from the midfield as well. 80% midfield, I’m a convert. Really stepped up, and given BUCKLEYS gameplan, he’s lost up forward.

Which makes Stengle even more a priority
A better midfield means more opportunity for the forwards regardless of coaching.
Adams definitely needs backup at the coal face and Sier is capable of that.

stormskye

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 24, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
A better midfield means more opportunity for the forwards regardless of coaching.
Adams definitely needs backup at the coal face and Sier is capable of that.
Sier should remain all season. Him and bianco had solid games. Need to persist. Sier was the pick of our mids for execution and decision making going into 50

anshell

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 10, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
manchester united
I didn’t see the game,but from all accounts he played much better in the second half.People seem to forget that it’s hard for any player to stand out in a team that’s as devoid of confidence and spirit as this team is.Not to mention the game plan as well,which also makes it hard for anyone to shine.

Do you think defensive efforts are the key metric for him? Is actually capable of winning clearances unlike any of our other mids

If anyone is curious, Petracca has 39 tackles in his last 9 games. 39 to 6. And people wonder what his problem is. He just has no toughness to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back