Votes: 11 5.8%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 21 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stack is not coming in anytime soon mate. He's not fit enough and im pretty sure he's had some mediocre VFL performances.
Stack was pretty sharp in his last game against Werribee. Really hit the the ball and the man hard and at good pace, looked a bit like the Stack of 2019. A little fumbly due to first real game in the guts but two weeks on and no doubt some good hard training, he may not be as far away as you think. The bye hasn't helped any of our underdone players last week.

Short played any midfield minutes in the seniors? Surely time for our B&F winner to get a run in the middle. Got the footy IQ and a mature body

Would then just look at Grimes and Naish for Shedda and Bolton. Grimes to release Short to play mid and Naish to play wing allowing Pickett to play mid

Stack was pretty sharp in his last game against Werribee. Really hit the the ball and the man hard and at good pace, looked a bit like the Stack of 2019. A little fumbly due to first real game in the guts but two weeks on and no doubt some good hard training, he may not be as far away as you think. The bye hasn't helped any of our underdone players last week.
2019 Stack and Bolton would be lethal together in the midfield if is playing in that form.

I don't even remember reading your post - so I guess i can be content in knowing my comments are at least memorable to you.

Only Jack G is young enough to be considered " the next era" of leadership & to be completely honest, I find his leadership qualities a bit overrated, much like many here's opinion on Ross. Just because you are tough, does not make you a good leader on & off the field. Jack is a good onfield leader due to his toughness and courage - not sure if there is any proof to suggest he is capable of being an off-field leader yet & capable of leading a group of young men.
Cotchin clearly has both.

Not sure I believe any of Lambert, Prestia, Vloss or even Astbury are even close to being considered our leadership solution post Cotchin. They are great team players who provide leadership by SUPPORTING the heircahary of the leadership structure - but they are not capable of being the one to BE the message.
Vloss is a good player and onfield plays in a way that leads by example - but would you ever see Trent Cotchin and a younger player grabbing Chol's dick in the change rooms while they sing the song with camera's around? No, i doubt it. Showed a very distinct lack of leadership I thought. Houli is probably the player i would think that has a similar all rounded leadership quality i am thinking we are missing &, unfortunately, he is probably likely to retire this season also.

We are the only team from my knowledge that doesn't have a leadership group. We have Trent as Cap & Jack R as vice. Along with Houli, those 3 players are the most likely to retire at seasons end & unfortunately they have all spent just as much on the sidelines than playing the actual game over the past 2 years.

Who out of our players 26 or younger, are the leaders we need to step up and fill the void once the TC, JR & BH retire?

You don't have to agree with what i say, but no one could ever accuse me of not having very deep & well thought-out opinions on the Richmond football club - and that can only be possible if the person writing them has spent decades doing exactly that in regards to this club. I SAW this club for 30 years lack real leadership prior to Cotchin 2017. I know the problem & I see it brewing. All the "discipline" issues we are seeing comes from the age bracket below the leadership group. IMO, we are sorely missing Brandon Ellis in this area. I always felt he was the leader for the younger blokes like Short, Baker & i think he has shown some really exceptional leadership at the GC with their very young squad. Who do we have now that is the leader Ellis was to many of our under 25 blokes?

Take one look at Carlton ATM. That is what happens when you don't think 2 moves ahead with your leadership when you are "on top". Carlton went from being a team of leaders in the mid-late 90's and very early 2000's with Kernahan, Bradley, Brown, Kouta, Sexton, Dean, McKay, Madden, SOS, Rice, Williams - but after that failed to groom a next generation. They then fell in a massive hole they could never dig out of. Even Judd could not fix the leadership void they left & you can see the wear and tear on Cripps as he tries to carry way too much of that weight not. Losses they have like that against the Dogs on the weekend are a direct result of a lack of leadership amongst the group.

IMO we are leaning VERY heavily on blokes whose time and careers are almost up for leadership. If they are not capable of staying on the field (which they aren't ). - then we need to expedite the next generation of leadership ASAP. The leadership reigns needs to be picked up by the likes of Baker, Short, Bolton, Balta, Castagna, Rioli, Lynch, RCD, Dow etc

For someone claiming well thought out knowledge about Richmond, its amazing you have no idea that we do actually have a leadership group.

Its time

BAKER the midfielder is upon us.

when Baker is named all australian in the Midfield, forward line and Back line

does he get up three seperate times to accepts three seperate blazers, do they give him one blazer but three seperate times? do they give him the same blazer three times, or three blazers all at once?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backs to the wall !!!!!
How fitting would it be if we call on CCJ & Stack to dig us out of the sh*t.
The ultimate chance @ redemption.
You know it makes sense...............
Richmond need the Tiger Army,perfect for a backs to the wall win,crowd will be 90 percent Richmond.

One of the most interesting weeks at selection for along while. What does our future midfield look like ? Makeshift, with players being moved around on the chessboard or get the kids in there with Dusty ?

Big week for Ross and RCD coming up against a gun young midfield. Pickett to play on ball all game please.

Just think, if we get to the bye 7+5 or even 6+6 our draw isn't too bad to go on a run with all the guns coming back in. Fascinating four weeks coming up.

Cotch
Prestia
Edwards
Lambert
Bolton

Thats some injection for the second half of the season.

One of the most interesting weeks at selection for along while. What does our future midfield look like ? Makeshift, with players being moved around on the chessboard or get the kids in there with Dusty ?

Big week for Ross and RCD coming up against a gun young midfield. Pickett to play on ball all game please.

Just think, if we get to the bye 7+5 or even 6+6 our draw isn't too bad to go on a run with all the guns coming back in. Fascinating four weeks coming up.

Cotch
Prestia
Edwards
Lambert
Bolton

also you know

Our forward line could also start functioning as well which would seriously improve our performance

because currently they couldnt find their own @$$ with 2 hands and a map

Cotch
Prestia
Edwards
Lambert
Bolton

I think if we go any worse than 7+5 it'll make the third premiership bloody hard. I don't think may teams finish in the top for with more than 5 losses. The rest of what you say I like and getting Edwards and Houli back last year really injected some quality into the side at the right time. Hopefully this year is very similar.

I think if we go any worse than 7+5 it'll make the third premiership bloody hard. I don't think may teams finish in the top for with more than 5 losses. The rest of what you say I like and getting Edwards and Houli back last year really injected some quality into the side at the right time. Hopefully this year is very similar.
6-7 loses has still gotten teams into the top 4 the last 4 years.

For someone claiming well thought out knowledge about Richmond, its amazing you have no idea that we do actually have a leadership group.

Care to give me an update then? As from my knowledge in 2020 we dropped the leadership group and i heard no update since then that had changed?

I mean, even based on the AFLPA's website - we don't have one.

Enlighten me, oh wise one - or perhaps you may decide to apologise

Last edited:
Can anyone do me a massive favour?

Last year, when Tom Hawkins pushed off Balta and Soldo did his ACL, someone posted other GIFs of Hawkins blatantly pushing his man into oncoming blokes on purpose.

I can't seem to find the right thread though, but I'm debating with a Geelong supporting mate who doesn't reckon Hawkins does it.

EDIT: I have the footage of the Soldo incident already, but I remember there being footage/GIFs of other times Hawkins has done it.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it, all good!
He's got serious form doing that,he hates jumping at the ball.

I think the way they'll go is:

IN: Grimes, Naish.
OUT: Bolton (wrist), Edwards (ankle).

B: Grimes, Balta, Vlastuin.
HB: Short, Astbury, Broad.
C: McIntosh, Graham, Naish.
HF: Aarts, Riewoldt, Baker.
FF: Rioli, Lynch, Castagna.
Foll: Nankervis, Martin, Pickett.
Int: Houli, Mansell, Collier-Dawkins, Ross.

Sub: Martyn.

Emg: Ralphsmith, Coleman-Jones, Caddy.

Ross moves to the middle, his wing spot covered by Naishy. Baker gets midfield minutes with Pickett reprising the second ruck role, I don't think we should bring in CCJ as we're desperately short on midfielders and pace ahead of the ball. If you have a fit Bolton and Edwards, I'd switch George for CCJ but there's not enough ground ball winners in a team without both of them.

I don't see a reason to dump guys like Mansell and Castagna for more kids this week. It was a weird performance on Friday, with such a good first half and then a massive let-down in the second. I'm in the camp of suggesting we completely lost organisation behind the ball, with no Grimes and Baker causing us to rush and panic - we won a lot more inside ball in the third than pundits suggest. We were simply horrific defensively, which won't happen every week.

That being said, it's bizarre to see a team with the best line-up defensively on paper since Rance. A graders in Nick, Vlas and Shorty (Houli arguable), with rising talent in Balta and Mansell, accompanied by two of the best week-in, week-out defensive cogs you could hope for in Broady and Dave. You've got Bakes to plug in as well.

Then you get to the midfield and....sheesh. Rotation-wise, its probably:

(Nankervis 80%//Pickett 20%)
Martin Graham Pickett
Ross RCD....Baker? Aarts?

Long-term, I think Baker should go back again. But there's a great opportunity with Mansell performing well to test him in the guts this week, you never know what you might find.

Big two weeks for RCD and Ross. Essentially, it's a play-off for the next midfield slot in the team when Cotch and Edwards start to step out of the senior side. Hoping they rise to the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back