Remove this Banner Ad

taz@freo

Debutant
Oct 13, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hey Guys,
Sorry to intrude on your board.

I'm a massive AFL autograph collector and don't own a Gary Ablett Sr autograph but would love to.

Someone has put a signed Jersey on the internet (Ebay) and it looks unbelievable. I think its his old autograph.
What do you think? Is it cheap

Hey Guys,

I'm a massive AFL autograph collector and don't own a Gary Ablett Sr autograph but would love to.

Someone has put a signed Jersey on the internet (Ebay) and it looks unbelievable. I think its his old autograph.

Care to provide a link?

I wouldn't say its cheap. But its reasonable if real.

I am concearned of its authenticity, although it looks very similar to the signatures i have obtained. In my case, i obtained the signature myself and have photos him completing the signature.

IMO, its appears a little sus. I've got a high number of memorabilia, including signed Michael Jordan, Polly Farmer, Tiger Woods, Gary Ablett Snr, Jnr, Lennox Leiws, pieces. It the past, i've been advised to stay away from Ebay as most items are fake.

Buy it with written condition of getting it certified my a licensed signature analsyt. It costs about $100. Well known memorabilia sellars like "Superstars & Legends" can organise it for you.

Good Luck!

Its currently going for $750.

I just spoke to the seller and he said he'll provide a Stat Dec guaranteeing it.

If it was a match worn jumper than i would have a shot myself, but just for a signed one fu*k that.

Although not as good, you can get a signed Geelong jersey (whole team) 2006 for like $300!

Who would pay $700+ for that, i may aswell get him to sign it if i see him at the shops (he does still live near Geelong, right?)

Its currently going for $750.

I just spoke to the seller and he said he'll provide a Stat Dec guaranteeing it.

Does this really prove anything though?? A Stat Dec from an actual dealer is a different story... Nearly every autograph on Ebay is a fake, everyone knows that. Don't waste your money..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy crap! I got Ablett's signature as a kid. Just on a piece of paper though, so I assume it'd probably not be worth much? Hopefully I still got it around somewhere.

Sort of the same with me, but a friend of mine lined up for 3 hours to get a signed authentic photo (only 200 released by Geelong Addy) of Ablett Snr's mark of the year over Gary Pert.

Looks unreal, but there is no way I'm getting rid of it.

Ebay does have real signatures, some are a little sus though, as in this case. I'd email the seller and ask for a certification to be carried out through "Heroes and Legends" the authentic memorabillia store.

Then you will have full piece of mind to part with your cash, but a stat dec from a seller on Ebay isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Dodgy if you ask me, why did they bother attaching the cloth with the number five onto a jersey, which Gary obviously never wore. It doesn't make it any more sought after.

Essentially you're paying for the signature only, the jumper is irrelevant. That's a bucket load of money for just a signature.Pay maybe $30 for the signature and $70 for the jumper if it is in good nic.

looks phoney to me....it is as Jim Boy said a cloth with number 5 sans autograph stuck on the back of a jumper. That is not a Geelong jumper. Let us see the front with the AFL logo or Ford Logo on it. Stay away from it.

Hey Guys,

You wouldn't happen to be the seller?

Yeh, I had thought the same thing. A bit of advertising. By the way... I have a framed poster of the 2002 Geelong Football Club, hand signed by every player on the list... Reckon I'd get much for it?

If it was a match worn jumper than i would have a shot myself, but just for a signed one fu*k that.

Ewww, I know Gazza Snr was footy God.
But please, it would be super hard to keep that gurnsey in good nick. The sweat accumilated (sp?) on it would either make it go rock hard over time or would make it mouldy and gross.
I'd just rather His Footyness to sign my Cats over shirt ma-thing.
I wouldn't pay for someone's sweaty shirt. Ewwww.

I have a signed authorised AFL geelong football jumper signed by Gary Ablett and Gary Ablett jnr. When junior was playing in the VFL he came to Bendigo and I took my jumper, already signed by Ablett senior, to the game. When the game was over I went and spoke to Gary junior and he said he was sorry but he wasn't allowed to sign anything that already had his father signature on it, i got him to sign another jumper.

But when I walked away I gave the jumper to my mother who folded the jumper up in the hopes he would not open it in order to sign it. HE DIDN'T. So now it sits framed on my wall bearing Ablett seniors autograph and Ablett Juniors. As far as I know there is only 1 more of these such jumpers in existence, which sold on ebay only a few months ago. Although I would never ever ever consider selling it any ideas how much it would sell for????????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back