Preview Rd 9 Carlton v Melbourne, MCG, Sunday May 16, 3.20pm - Team - Post #700

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were doing ok until Jack Silvagni got injured, something special went missing ? his desperation and determination maybe.
It all unraveled after that.
I thikn a coincidence, as much as we'd like the romance of the team's fortunes riding with a silvagni... The forward line had little to do with the run on the dogs got from all stoppages starting in the 3rd q.

I’d love to but seasoned body and bigger tank at this stage however in saying that he’ll be a gun mid in time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Docherty doesn't read the play or hit contested ground balls well enough to be a mid. Look at his contest 1v1 against Bont. He turned as the contact came, allowing bont - who remained square at the contest to push the ball forward and through, then gather and set up a goal. Good mids nullify that contest or slow the player down if they miss/can't gather the ball.

Reckon we see Murphy in for Jsos and a really small forward line next week. Don't know if the MC bothers with any more changes than that. Ready for Murphs inclusion to reduce Cuninghams midfield minutes even further :[

Right so we’re just a bit off at this stage,little confused as to where players should be playing,scoring ok but leaking goals the other way.These things can be fixed so hopefully our coaches are working on it plus injuries haven’t helped.

However do yourself a favour and go to the Melbourne forum and you’d think they’ve won 3 flags in a row,best team since slice bread and bagging the crap out of us......yep the DEES.

Yep they’ve won 8 games in a row last time I checked the premiership is won in September or October.

Hilarious.

We are playing exciting, not winning football, won’t cut it against Melbourne as Lever and May with give H all he can handle and their midfield bats deep. A shootout won’t cut it but, we have proven we can’t slog for 4 quarter. Not optimistic this week and our 2021 campaign will likely be officially shot.

Haven’t been thrashed this year (biggest loss 28 points). I can see that changing this week.

I love this team. Will support them till I’m demented (so not long then), and of course I’ll watch this week. But I have zero expectations, to the extent I can’t be bothered getting riled up over selection, though I’d like to think that TDK gets a game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Right so we’re just a bit off at this stage,little confused as to where players should be playing,scoring ok but leaking goals the other way.These things can be fixed so hopefully our coaches are working on it plus injuries haven’t helped.

However do yourself a favour and go to the Melbourne forum and you’d think they’ve won 3 flags in a row,best team since slice bread and bagging the crap out of us......yep the DEES.

Yep they’ve won 8 games in a row last time I checked the premiership is won in September or October.

Hilarious.

MFC supporting friends are become unbearable. A CFC win this weekend would do such much good in the world.

Haven’t been thrashed this year (biggest loss 28 points). I can see that changing this week.

I love this team. Will support them till I’m demented (so not long then), and of course I’ll watch this week. But I have zero expectations, to the extent I can’t be bothered getting riled up over selection, though I’d like to think that TDK gets a game.

We won’t get thrashed by the ‘Dees’ this week most likely win then lose to hawthorn.

I thikn a coincidence, as much as we'd like the romance of the team's fortunes riding with a silvagni... The forward line had little to do with the run on the dogs got from all stoppages starting in the 3rd q.
I don’t think that there’s any romanticizing of Silvagni family name intended , Jack is tenacious hard working footballer, his determination to chase / win the ball is contagious and of course he bleeds Blue.
I’m certain the downward spiral began after he was taken from the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harden up son! ;)

Docherty doesn't read the play or hit contested ground balls well enough to be a mid. Look at his contest 1v1 against Bont. He turned as the contact came, allowing bont - who remained square at the contest to push the ball forward and through, then gather and set up a goal. Good mids nullify that contest or slow the player down if they miss/can't gather the ball.

Reckon we see Murphy in for Jsos and a really small forward line next week. Don't know if the MC bothers with any more changes than that. Ready for Murphs inclusion to reduce Cuninghams midfield minutes even further :[
For me it is pretty even money bet on Murphy V Newnes/Cottrell/Gibbons in Teagues eyes at least.

Hilarious.

Meh as a group their fans have always been some of the worst. Who cares what they think, more intelligence on the Collingwood forum.

In don’t believe Teague will be a fan of 2 talls in the forward line, therefore his options are

Bring in TKD for JSOS, Cas full time forward..

OR

Drop Cas for TKD and bring Kennedy in for
JSOS....

Considering Petty, Lever and May are all big boys you would assume Teague would want them accountable so Lever can’t peel off and double team H

It’s going to be clunky if Cas and TKD play forward together. It may be too short if Kennedy comes in.....perfect game for Gov/JSOS

Need to see some changes in the middle
Williams, Walsh and Cripps won’t get it done against Viney, Oliver and Brayshaw and Petracca.........We need some big bodies around the ball

Setters, Curnow (Oliver tag) and Cripps need to take centre bounces with Walsh charging in from the wing and playing his role from last season.
Williams can play on half back flank or wing.

Would also like to see Doc played off a wing.

He can track back as the 7th defender playing the sweeping role that got him and AA jacket

Gibbo and newnes can have a rest this week as they aren’t performing

Bloody tough picking a side this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likely cotters then considering the MCs affinity for favouring age...

Well it seems that the players selected aren't good enough to win against better opposition with current game plan - and alternative player/role selections aren't good enough to execute the game plan as well as current players who cant execute the game plan for a win...

In don’t believe Teague will be a fan of 2 talls in the forward line, therefore his options are

Bring in TKD for JSOS, Cas full time forward..

OR

Drop Cas for TKD and bring Kennedy in for
JSOS....

Considering Petty, Lever and May are all big boys you would assume Teague would want them accountable so Lever can’t peel off and double team H

It’s going to be clunky if Cas and TKD play forward together. It may be too short if Kennedy comes in.....perfect game for Gov/JSOS

Need to see some changes in the middle
Williams, Walsh and Cripps won’t get it done against Viney, Oliver and Brayshaw and Petracca.........We need some big bodies around the ball

Setters, Curnow (Oliver tag) and Cripps need to take centre bounces with Walsh charging in from the wing and playing his role from last season.
Williams can play on half back flank or wing.

Would also like to see Doc played off a wing.

He can track back as the 7th defender playing the sweeping role that got him and AA jacket

Gibbo and newnes can have a rest this week as they aren’t performing

Bloody tough picking a side this week

Melbourne defence is very organised. Lever doesn’t play on a tall.
We can try Kennedy or cripps or tdk and Levi but lever will always opt for a small.
I think he’ll go to Betts and let Eddie take him to the contest then intercept mark.
I’d use Eddie as a decoy and lead away from the contest. If so you need honey and owies at ground level.
Otherwise you must honour Eddie on the lead.

We’re the only team not to have lost by more than 32pts since the start of last season.

Hilarious.

Well it will probably play out as this useless AFL stat suggests.

Dees will find a way to stuff it up
Screenshot_20210512-001955_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210512-001824_Facebook.jpg

Just hope the team doesn’t drop the bundle, this game could be the one and could get ugly.
Keep our fingers crossed always , let’s hope the boys go in hard, determined and bring on a four quarter effort, if they can do that we may just snatch the 4 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back