News Scott Lycett signs with Port Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it was always going to be 3 pushed up to 4 because of a few factors (size disparity, make an example, stamping it out, guys with moustaches are less trustworthy, etc), but we really need to drop the tinfoil hats thinking this is some prison bars payback conspiracy

Real question here, does anyone actually care about what private school players went to? I feel it's an extreme try hard to copy what America does because unlike high school, college sports is a big deal over there.

It seems to be something of an obsession with certain Melbourne based commentators. The fact i know of probably at least half a dozen elite Melbourne schools despite having almost no connection to the city is ridiculous.

Can’t say I’m surprised with 4 weeks. As soon as it went to the tribunal it was almost a foregone conclusion.
Bit hard to argue it isn’t warranted in the current environment.

What annoys me is that Lycett doesn’t really have a history of reportable incidents, however someone like Mumford goes out every week and all we hear is “look how clumsy he is…. Hahaha”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Adelaide Crows Trolls targeting Scott Lycett's partner and family now! :oops:

Her reply to them .... “Try me Hunni. I will fight u xx”. What a little star! :thumbsu:

View attachment 1124305

Nice! She is so little though, I saw Scott and her at the cinema once and she was tiny, maybe it was just because she was standing next to Scott hahah but yeah, what a bunch of Keyboard warriors, if I were Scott I wouldn’t be scared at all by these basement dwelling cowards, his girlfriend could probably take them down lol. They wouldn’t have the guts to challenge Scott in person anyway 😂 but that’s not to say that this sort of behaviour should go unpunished, if the police can find out who it is that posted these threats then they should be sent to court and charged with unlawful threats

Where's the precedent? Of coarse they make an example of a port player get f’ed
As long as we see consistency for the rest of the season, I'm sort of OK with it. If Joel Selwood does the same thing to a Saints player on Friday night, we can expect the same penalty, right? 🤣

McCartin gets 5
Lycett gets 1 week less for a tackle

Bugger me.
I know I keep harping on it but Gaff got 8 for an assault that would have had him spend the rest of his career behind bars had he done it in the car park. Scott's penalty is just so out of whack, because of the jumper he wears and the school he didn't go to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was always going to be 4 in line with ANB's tackle last year.

Totally fine with it. Rest him up, get him ready for a big second half of the year. We have back up. Perfect time to blood Hayes and give Ladhams another opportunity
Not that I expect us to even make the GF with Hinkley, but if we some how do and win, I want Lycett to say he wouldn't have been fresh for the finals without the overly long suspension. This needs a F-U to the VFL.

If it wasn’t one of our players, I would have wanted 4 games for that. It is the obvious result given the AFL’s concern about concussions and the resulting way the rule is written and interpreted.

Understand all of this but feel like they are targeting the wrong part of the game.

Yes, Lycett's tackle went a bit overboard and had bad consequences. So he gets 4. But Dangerfield's bump went too far as well but only got 3. Which of these is more of a football act and which of these is more of a cheap shot?

And then you've got Fritsch throwing an elbow at an opponent and getting 0 because the guy wasn't concussed.

It's all over the shop.

Picture the unlikely scenario where a small player (Caleb Daniel for example) performed the same tackle on a Ruckman with the identical outcome as Lycett's tackle, would the suspension be 4 games, I would think not.
I'm all for protecting the head but I can't help but think that Lycett received the most severe penalty because of the disparagy in strength and size to that of his opponent which I deem unfair if true.
Any aduacation should be based ONLY on the action and independent on the size of the tackler and player being tackled.

Port players hold a lot of suspension records - Pickett most weeks for a bump, Lycett most weeks for a ‘sling’ tackle, Kornes most weeks for a push, Poole most weeks for a tummy tap, P.Burgoyne most weeks for a ‘spear’ tackle etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back