Shai BoltonWrist2-3 weeks
Trent CotchinHamstring2-4 weeks
Sean EdwardsAnkle4-6 weeks
Ryan GarthwaiteShoulder2-3 weeks
Dylan GrimesConcussionTest
Kane LambertCalf2-3 weeks
Dion PrestiaCalf1-2 weeks
Ivan SoldoKnee3 months

Sean may only miss 1-2, not as bad as first thought and he’s pulled up extremely well.

prestia not far off either - we just need to jag this week and we’ll start getting players back after that

Sean may only miss 1-2, not as bad as first thought and he’s pulled up extremely well.

prestia not far off either - we just need to jag this week and we’ll start getting players back after that

hopefully

we are going with the official / club line

if Sean and Prestia come back earlier than expected...awesome

agree...let’s win this week...the following weeks will sort themselves out

Ok latest injury report

Shai BoltonWrist2-3 weeks
Trent CotchinHamstring2-4 weeks
Sean EdwardsAnkle4-6 weeks
Ryan GarthwaiteShoulder2-3 weeks
Dylan GrimesConcussionTest
Kane LambertCalf2-3 weeks
Dion PrestiaCalf1-2 weeks
Ivan SoldoKnee3 months

Really certain nobody called 'Sean' Edwards plays for us. ;)

Glad Mummy will apparently miss this week, last thing we need is him injuring anyone with his stray knees and elbows. No need to bring CCJ in, Nank will beat Flynn like he beat Blicavs and Rat last week and hopefully can give us some more clean first use.

Main case for leaving CCJ out is that we'll need all the four quarter stamina we can get running with a VFL midfield against the Giants' mid bulls, time to throw a wide spread of options around in the middle. Give Baker a crack along with some more senior bodies like Pickett, Castagna and perhaps even Rioli (though I suspect he'd be a concussion query). With Hogan and Finlayson out I'd really like to see Balta given a run on the ball as an inside mid or creating a mismatch on a wing, drifting forward to exploit their lack of tall options down back.

Ralphsmith to debut I suspect, look forward to seeing what he can bring to the mix. :thumbsu:

Ok so
outs: Edwards, Bolton & maybe Rioli* and Mansell* if they're suffering any ill effects from their respective knocks. Cant drop players like Castagna atm
Ins: Grimes and i think we need to bring back Caddy if hes healthy and/or Stack. Then over the next few weeks rotate some kids through like Dow, Martyn & Hugo, hopefully meatball is not far off to give us a bit more experience and class through the guts.

Im actually excited by this, we may unearth 1-2 new best 22 starters from this.
this 100%

the main point of interest for me on this weeks selections is = do we bring in actual young, developing midfielders to replace all our missing midfielders, or do we repurpose regular senior role players like Castagna, Rioli, Baker, Short to take on our midfield and wing roles - and bring in other role players such as Rioli jnr, Naish etc to take on the supporting roles created by those repurposed blokes.

Dimma on 360 essentially said "its time for our fabled depth to prove itself". Will be very interesting to see how this weeks selections play out.

big week for Caddy IMO. If he is fit and still cant get a game with Cotchin, Lambert, Prestia, Bolton, Edwards all missing + our forward line playing well under expectations.... you would have to think his time with us is up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll win this game because the pressure will be on us after obviously what happened last night but also after the Geelong game. GWS are a good side but they have a lot of players out as well, so not all is lost.

IN: CCJ, Grimes, Naish
OUT: Shai, Edwards,

We've had 4 hard rounds and another couple coming up, but, judge the side after the BYE when we have all of our players back. Our fixture becomes easier after the BYE and I think we'll be able to get the season back on track. Fingers Crossed.
I like your one and would actually give naish a full game this week so might drop george or Rioli back to injury sub

From the GWS board where there's 2 fans and a bunch of bots to make it look like as relevant as norf but slightly less unhinged

So the last time we played Richmond, our back 6 was Ash, Davis, Corr, Haynes, Keefe, Shaw with, at the time, a combined total of 785 games.

next week it looks like a back 6 of Ash, Taylor, Buckley, Idun, Cumming and either Buntine/Riccardi with a combined total games experience of 163 (Buntine) or 108 (Riccard)

whichever way it goes we’ll have at least 620+ games less experience down back going into this one.

😩

I'll be disappointed if Jack and Tom don't have sore feet from kicking goals all day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back