Preview Round 9, 2021: Hawks v Roos, 2:10pm 15th May @ UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way we should lose this if we get O'Meara back into the side.

In: O'Meara, Gunston, Brockman, O'Brien
Out: Jeka, Moore, Howe and Hartley
They've already made one attempt to drop Moore, I'd like to see him continue in the side though. I think he's more of a 'footballer' than Ollie at this stage.

Seamus still indefinite sucks
Seamus really is the forgotten draftee isn’t he. Really hope he has a clear run with injury so he can get a good preseason into him. Have to wonder whether he might end up being almost ready to go come Rd 15-20 but they end up just putting him into cotton wool for the year.

They've already made one attempt to drop Moore, I'd like to see him continue in the side though. I think he's more of a 'footballer' than Ollie at this stage.
Totally agree. However I must say that Ollie has done some good things that has impressed me so far this season. Not saying he should be in a contending teams best 22 but he’s definitely show improvement this season.

Can Brockman be both omitted and included at the same time?

A real Schrodingers Cat problem that!
They're calling it the 'sub' this year.

Players at box hill would want to form to be either average enough to ensure they aren't selected as the sub, or else so astoundingly good that you come straight into the 22. Nobody wants to get caught in sub territory.

Speaking of Schrodinger.. we've had Schrodinger's Wingard since his return... not enough goals to be a forward, not enough of the ball to be a midfielder. Suggest we just stick with one and let him flourish.
I was also surprised at his alm-ission (almost omission), seemed like he was one of the big improvers through our first few games, had a poor one against Adelaide and then bounced back well against the saints. Scoring shots have dried up for him a bit.

Totally agree. However I must say that Ollie has done some good things that has impressed me so far this season. Not saying he should be in a contending teams best 22 but he’s definitely show improvement this season.

Our standards must be really low at the minute if that's the feeling, 6 tackles in 6 games I think for someone trying to play a small forward role is diabolical. Ollie can kick a goal but the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired, think he's already 22 also so not like he's really young and still completely raw.

Going on reports were flying in saturday morning to Tas for the game. Surely given Omeara and Gunston type of injury surely they will not play in these circstances.

In Brockman, Maginness, Greaves, Downie, Morris

Out Hartley, phillips, Moore, Cousins, Morrison

B Hardwick Hartigan Greaves
H Scrimshaw Frost Jaith
C Wingard Worpel Impey
R McEvoy Maginness Mitchell
H Morris Koschitze Hanrahan
F Brockman Lewis Bruest
I Shiels Jeka Howe Downie
E Cousins Phillips Morrison

Since the club has now come out all week and preached youth movement I think it’s time to settle on Kosi as our FB rest of year and drop Hartigan, maybe play him against the monster fwd in the good 4 sides. Then go with Jeka/Lewis rest of year as key Fwds. I think Kosi will be a better defender. All Australian as a Junior there.

Since the club has now come out all week and preached youth movement I think it’s time to settle on Kosi as our FB rest of year and drop Hartigan, maybe play him against the monster fwd in the good 4 sides. Then go with Jeka/Lewis rest of year as key Fwds. I think Kosi will be a better defender. All Australian as a Junior there.
Would be peak Clarko. But it won’t happen. He says himself he’s turned his career around since moving forward.

I like Moore, but he has a very slow acceleration speed. Far too slow to play as a small forward, and not bulky enough to play in the middle. He's an upgrade on minchington, that's about it (in terms of structure)

Gunston is less likely to play, so hopefully Jeka gets another chance. For the ones calling Kosi to play FB, please stop because it’s such a silly thing to do when we need someone like him in the forward. Hartigan played better last week and at some point he will adapt, it’s like he’s been playing in the Hawthorn system for 5-10 years. If he losses weight during the off season then he will be fine next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kosi kicked 5 goals not even 3 games ago....why the F would we now halt his development and move him back?? Ludicrous.

Can't see this happening. He was struggling a bit down back so Sammy Mitchell suggested a change up forward might be a better fit for him.

If we win this week, I think we should brace ourselves that it's highly likely North will get a priority pick this year... pick 3.

They don't give priority picks to teams who have sh*t years due to their own poor list management decisions, unless you are the Gold Coast.

The absolute most they may receive is a second rounder.

Only way they'll get priority picks is if they agree to move to Tassie full time lol

They don't give priority picks to teams who have sh*t years due to their own poor list management decisions, unless you are the Gold Coast.

Only way they'll get priority picks is if they agree to move to Tassie full time lol

I wouldn't bet on that one mate.

They won 3 games last year and had a percentage of 71.

They have a percentage of 52.7 this year, which since 1966, only Fitzroy in 1996 and GWS in their first two years have managed worse.

It's hard to see how North win three games this year. They will have as compelling a case as anyone that has received one previously.

Last edited:

can't see the AFL helping out North when they desperately want them to fold and go to Tassie. After Covid they're frothing financially independent teams and North would be one of the least dependent. Prolonged period of being god-awful is the AFL's dream for North tbh.

You'd think they would've learned from the handling of the Fitzory merger but the financial situation has put their perspective back into that frame imo

Sam Mitchells weekly Box Hill report was glowing of Damon Greaves.

Like the idea of him coming into defence and allowing one of Impey/Scrimshaw/CJ to play further up the field.
When your list is chock full of half back flankers, one of these has to make the transition.
I know the game demands good users and runners on the half back line but when the next link in the chain
isn't there something has to change.

Look maybe I'm being a tad harsh on him, but I just feel that a player that is getting 30-40 touches a game should be influencing the game more. I just don't feel like he is impacting any games and if you look at his heat map, you'd see he gets a lot of it back of half. I don't rate disposal efficiency as a stat to defend players impact. We are ranked 4th in the league as a team for example, yet by watching our games, you'd know we've got the worst skills in the league right now.
Metres gained is the stupidest stat in the entire lexicon of stats, and anyone who cites it as no idea how football works.

The stat you want is secondary metres gained. What are the metres gained from the person receiving your possession. Because that means you're putting someone in space.

Sam Mitchells weekly Box Hill report was glowing of Damon Greaves.

Like the idea of him coming into defence and allowing one of Impey/Scrimshaw/CJ to play further up the field.
I'd be really interested to see how much time Scrim has spent in the midfield over the last couple weeks. I like the idea of him spending a lot more time up the ground, but would probably need him to improve his tank to get regular minutes there.

When your list is chock full of half back flankers, one of these has to make the transition.
I know the game demands good users and runners on the half back line but when the next link in the chain
isn't there something has to change.

1620781540782.png

:think:

I'd be really interested to see how much time Scrim has spent in the midfield over the last couple weeks. I like the idea of him spending a lot more time up the ground, but would probably need him to improve his tank to get regular minutes there.

he attended more CBA's vs WC than Shiels, Cousins, Breust and I think one other midfielder

Our standards must be really low at the minute if that's the feeling, 6 tackles in 6 games I think for someone trying to play a small forward role is diabolical. Ollie can kick a goal but the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired, think he's already 22 also so not like he's really young and still completely raw.
He has a lot to work on but small forwards is an area of ours without a lot of depth. Outside of Breust, we don't have another clear best 22 as a small forward Wingard spending more time in the midfield and Burgoyne/Impey returning to defense.

Our options for small forwards are: Breust, Hanrahan, Moore, Brockman, Mitchell and Morris. Could add in Nash as well I suppose. So yeah, our standards are low atm while we wait and hope some of these guys develop into long term players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back