Unsolved Hunt for Mr Cruel

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re the missing evidence go 😘

Police have admitted that some evidence retrieved from the crime scenes at the time has gone missing. One missing item is the tape used to bind one of the victims, which could have provided DNA samples of Mr Cruelusing new forensic technologies.
I don’t have to provide you anything it’s all on the net big boy .

Nope. If you want to post like this take it to the conspiracy board.

Don’t pollute what is a genuinely informative board with your “dO yOuR oWn ReSeArCh” shtick.

Nope. If you want to post like this take it to the conspiracy board.

Don’t pollute what is a genuinely informative board with your “dO yOuR oWn ReSeArCh” shtick.

You seem abit triggered and anyone can see what I post has merit you only have too look at roger rogerson to see there is trickery going on . So what are you alluding to that the board is based on what media and police purport .

You seem abit triggered and anyone can see what I post has merit you only have too look at roger rogerson to see there is trickery going on . So what are you alluding to that the board is based on what media and police purport .

Yep, I am triggered by your QAnon bread crumbing. It’s a complete waste of time that most people would be happy to see go away.

If you want to post this way, go to the conspiracy board and do so.

If you’re the kind of person who is for some inexplicable reason getting your rocks off from wasting everyone’s time, at least be honest about it.

Yep, I am triggered by your QAnon bread crumbing. It’s a complete waste of time that most people would be happy to see go away.

If you want to post this way, go to the conspiracy board and do so.

If you’re the kind of person who is for some inexplicable reason getting your rocks off from wasting everyone’s time, at least be honest about it.

Qnon is a new coined thing isn’t it seems like you’ve been down that rabbit hole. That’s maybe why you’re triggered .

So where is the missing items for the cruel case 😘

this vid lists the four attacks made by Mr C, they have a great interactive map that shows all of the places of interest.

he ceratinly loved the north east, Did he live or work there?

this vid lists the four attacks made by Mr C, they have a great interactive map that shows all of the places of interest.

he ceratinly loved the north east, Did he live or work there?

If I were a betting man, I reckon he lived on acreage out the back of Eltham/Research/Kangaroo Ground. That whole area is right under a major flight path, and those old 727's etc would have been extremely loud.

Interesting article from Dr Xanthe Mallet, produced from a 2019 investigation

It tries to pinpoint Mr C's location

This is top of my list I want to see solved., along with that Karnook station one. But no DNA gives little hope

Maybe one day someone will stumble over the eividence that was lost.

Through the Claremont murders prosecution we learned the kimono evidence that was key in solving that series of crimes, was accidentally misfiled in the Jack Tongeren evidence box.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a common adage for investigators - the answer is in the file.
Semi related, was talking to one of my girlfriend’s friends the other night - when she was a teenager walking home from school in boronia a white car boxed her in and a man tried to abduct her. She reported it to the police and they basically waved her on. A couple years later Bung Siriboon disappears on her way to school in boronia and the cops call this girl up to ask about her experience. She couldn’t remember the key details by then.

If I were a betting man, I reckon he lived on acreage out the back of Eltham/Research/Kangaroo Ground. That whole area is right under a major flight path, and those old 727's etc would have been extremely loud.
That would be my guess too, Rural or a semi rural property.

If he's still alive, Do you want to know how to find him?
He's probably in a web-cam forum of some kind. Obviously a lot of young people would be using that cam service.
If you were able to see his webcam, you would see an elderly man accessing the internet from his shed.
more than likely from a rural setting!

Last edited:
That would be my guess too, Rural or a semi rural property.

If he's still alive, Do you want to know how to find him?
He's probably in a web-cam forum of some kind. Obviously a lot of young people would be using that cam service.
If you were able to see his webcam, you would see an elderly man accessing the internet from his shed.
more than likely from a rural setting!

The body was found under the same flight path closer to Tulla.
There were plenty of investigations under that path back to Yarra Glen as I recall.

So where has Mr Cruel first met or sighted his victims?

My first thought, would be at school drop off or pick up. At some stage he's seen most of his victims in their school uniform.
I suggest this, because he asked one of his victims to bring along her school uniform during the kidnapping.

He could have also seen them in transit from the school. or even at a malll or shopping centre.

So does Mr Cruel's own family (girls) go to school with the victims?

If he is married with kids, highly likely, they may even be in the same class. He has a familiarity with the girls, definitely with out the girls knowing about it.

An indication that its school related, lets say in 1988 his first victim is 10, the following year (89) the victims are aged 11 to 12. Kind of indicating he's following as specific grade. Then a year later, the victim is 13. Can you see the pattern Iam suggesting? ( I have no proof this actually happened )

If he is single-
The other possible connection between victim and Mr C, is a sporting or community group shared by Mr Cruel and the victims. I would suggest either gymnastics, dancing or even tennis.

Another extension of that theory is Suggested on the Melbourne Marvels page, they suggest he is a volunteer of some kind, or even a coach?

So he's completed a home invasion, so why not the other girls in the house. Most families targeted, had younger or older siblings?.

Somewhere along the stalking process he's become fixated with the victim and them alone, suggesting he's seen her more than once.
He thinks he has some kind of connection with his victims.

Is it possible Mr Cruel has picked out other potential victims, but didn’t have the opportunity?.

I think he compiled a short list and kept track of other potential victims and their locations. In other words he may have kept notes or even a map

Are people close to determining who he was, or what he did for a living?

No.. I don’t think we have enough evidence to determine who he was

There is circumstantial evidence to suggest the number one suspect “B.E.” is the most likely person,
having been found with a Balaklava and knife in his attic.

Why did Mr Cruel stop offending?

The most likely scenario, is that police interviewed Mr Cruel in the months after the murder and have scared him off. But his identity remains unknown?

But he could have also moved away or died.

The last reason, he was so traumatised by the killing. Even staying under the radar of the police.

So where has Mr Cruel first met or sighted his victims?

My first thought, would be at school drop off or pick up. At some stage he's seen most of his victims in their school uniform.
I suggest this, because he asked one of his victims to bring along her school uniform during the kidnapping.

He could have also seen them in transit from the school. or even at a malll or shopping centre.

So does Mr Cruel's own family (girls) go to school with the victims?

If he is married with kids, highly likely, they may even be in the same class. He has a familiarity with the girls, definitely with out the girls knowing about it.

An indication that its school related, lets say in 1988 his first victim is 10, the following year (89) the victims are aged 11 to 12. Kind of indicating he's following as specific grade. Then a year later, the victim is 13. Can you see the pattern Iam suggesting? ( I have no proof this actually happened )

If he is single-
The other possible connection between victim and Mr C, is a sporting or community group shared by Mr Cruel and the victims. I would suggest either gymnastics, dancing or even tennis.

Another extension of that theory is Suggested on the Melbourne Marvels page, they suggest he is a volunteer of some kind, or even a coach?

So he's completed a home invasion, so why not the other girls in the house. Most families targeted, had younger or older siblings?.

Somewhere along the stalking process he's become fixated with the victim and them alone, suggesting he's seen her more than once.
He thinks he has some kind of connection with his victims.

Is it possible Mr Cruel has picked out other potential victims, but didn’t have the opportunity?.

I think he compiled a short list and kept track of other potential victims and their locations. In other words he may have kept notes or even a map

Are people close to determining who he was, or what he did for a living?

No.. I don’t think we have enough evidence to determine who he was

There is circumstantial evidence to suggest the number one suspect “B.E.” is the most likely person,
having been found with a Balaklava and knife in his attic.

Why did Mr Cruel stop offending?

The most likely scenario, is that police interviewed Mr Cruel in the months after the murder and have scared him off. But his identity remains unknown?

But he could have also moved away or died.

The last reason, he was so traumatised by the killing. Even staying under the radar of the police.

thank you awesome points to consider here.. so many potentials at the time and then most turn to nothing... so puzzled on this one hope the solve one of these days

The guys over at the Melbourne Marvels page have speculated that Christopher Michael Crowther was suspect #7 in the Sierra Files.
The herald sun, once released a top seven of the most likely suspects.

But Crowther seems too old to be Mr C, and he also targeted much younger girls. Can we rull him out??

they have updated their page-

The guys over at the Melbourne Marvels page have speculated that Christopher Michael Crowther was suspect #7 in the Sierra Files.

But Crowther seems too old to be Mr C, and he also targeted much younger girls. Can we rull him out??

Nice spot didn’t see that update. Have had a read up on this guy.... the worst and looks like got away with a short sentence. Not sure might be a suspect but doesn’t match everything does it.

have you done any more work on Mr C?
Have done some digging, nothing that could show any clear prospects other than a lot of young men committing disgusting crimes that could be looked at. No doubt nothing different to what goes on these days. The possibilities are endless and nothing concrete.

Would be interesting to know if they have DNA. Also seems some of these earlier crimes, (committed by others and not related) they where aware of leaving traces. Which begs the question if the suspect really had knowledge or background in forensics. I’d be more inclined to suggest learning these things during a prison stint or from previous arrests on DNA.

Not a lot of information easily searchable -Melbourne Marvel seems to be doing some amazing work and looks to be mostly doing old school investigation with hard copy records.

Took the time to read through 'melbin marvels' & whilst it goes over old ground, it challenges my own memory of the times. I've two daughters around the same age as the Chan girls & living in Eltham with both girls being educated locally, I intend discussing some of the events with them, e.g Lower Plenty.

Well worth a read in my opinion, good work :thumbsu: .... locked down or up, no time like the present :'(

The Sierra Files… is that this seven suspects?

They ended up with seven suspects

1. Prime suspect, Brian Elkner

2. Married a Canadian woman and now lives there. His family are not in contact with him.

3. Daylesford. Has changed his name twice by deed poll since 1988. Was tracked down by Hun and told them where to go

4. Harcourt, but now spends most of his time in Melbourne. Uncontactable.

5. Knoxfield. Tradesman. Died in 2015.

6. Balwyn, now lives in Mt Waverley. Contacted by Hun, denied involvement.

7. Glen Iris. Mystery man. No answer at home he lived in 25 years ago. Not on electoral roll, phone book or social media.

So 5 is dead. 7 possibly. Others all probably alive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back