Preview Rd 9 Carlton v Melbourne, MCG, Sunday May 16, 3.20pm - Team - Post #700

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s be clear about what Honey is and isn’t. He is not a natural footballer like SOs. He doesn’t really know where the footy is going. Same problem as Cunners. Average awareness. BUT he’s super fast, field kicks are great. Very good hands. He’s erratic at goal on the run. Pretty good set shot. Some times he tackles heaps. He seems to run out games well and repeat sprints are amazing.

Overall I badly want him in the side. I just hope people have the right understanding of what to expect from him.
So he is an upgrade potential on 3 players I could name without thinking - have to invest in this talent - Cuningham's injury history robbed him of a lot of development time- get Honey in sooner rather than later - and not off HBF - he is a natural HFF/Wing

Not sure what this obsession with Setterfield and Kennedy. Setterfield is seriously overrated and Kennedy is a strong ressies player. He is to slow for AFL.
Because he can play in the middle or up forward as a medium forward. And he's no slower than Cripps.

no way jose - I want Carlton to play every team with their best on ground - every week. Wont happen but any other eexpectation is loser talk - mongrel up.
Carlton will play three or four injured players this week there's my expectation.
The loser talk
I can't see us getting anywhere near this mob. When we pick ZWill, Cripps, Levi and Murphy again.
I actually expect us to make less unforced changes this week for the simple fact we lost.

I wish we still got to play at Princes Park. So many good memories
That echoes the sentiments of most of us I suspect. I hope to make the pilgrimage there in the coming years - never seen our mighty Baggers outside of TV.

Carlton will play three or four injured players this week there's my expectation.
The loser talk
I can't see us getting anywhere near this mob. When we pick ZWill, Cripps, Levi and Murphy again.
I actually expect us to make less unforced changes this week for the simple fact we lost.

I can though, if we add TDK to the side, bring in Setterfield, send Williams BHF and mid rotations, send Stocker to on ball, and make Ed an on ball wing rotation or tag if required. I'd liek to see Honey in but that wont happen, Murph V Gibbo or Newnes? - even money bet. Net net we are gaining this week if TDK plays - even if nothing else happens.

The difference between Melbourne us is that have been through a few of years of learning how to win and it is starting top happen now. Who is to say carlton is really years away from this - there isnt that much talent differential in the sides- experience yes talent no - Carlton may actually develop faster - we've got serious talent to come back in to this side - more than any other side with injuries can boast.

I'm optimistic and I think we are getting closer every week to a real break out run starting soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I speak for both sides when I say I’d prefer not to speak about that horrific spectacle.

We’ve won the last 5 against Carlton but only one of those has been a blowout, if it rains I think the trend of a smaller margin stays.
Mate you’ve done nothing. You’re not that good. You’ve got three players. Don’t be thinking the rain is what keeps it close. Or a bad day. You’re just not that good. You’ll come to realise that as the season unfolds.

Dow was playing very well against Essendon, up until he was concussed. Bring him back and let him play out the season and have a real crack in the midfield. Instead we keep dropping him. Setterfield has had a lot of opportunities but cannot string two, three or four good games. He plays one good one, goes home and watches the replay and is satisfied. Murphy should come back as the medical sub. He gets credited with the game, and will eventually get to his 300. He is just being gifted games now.
Dow starts every game well, at every level. And then his absence of a tank kicks in.

And his defensive side

Feel for the kid, they need to just let him hunt the pill
I’m torn. I half feel for him. I really do. And I half want him to take responsibility. He’s a very young man though. One day he will look back and think “why didn’t I play angry?”

One dayyou just gotta wake up and be sick of yourslef. Just be sick of yourself Paddy. Stop the talk track that you’re hard done by. Even if you are. Stop the talk track in your mind.

Go out, play angry thewhole game. Fight like a wild dog. And just see what happens.

Call me an idiot but I think we will win on Sunday. Melbourne have not been playing that well, the last couple weeks and we go through this cycle where the pressure builds and we have to win.
I wont call you that but i am 99.9% confident we will lose. they are a very disciplined side atm with in very good players across every line not to mention gawn. we played a lot better than we have been in the first ~3 quarters of last week but we generally match up well against them for some reason.

I’m torn. I half feel for him. I really do. And I half want him to take responsibility. He’s a very young man though. One day he will look back and think “why didn’t I play angry?”

One dayyou just gotta wake up and be sick of yourslef. Just be sick of yourself Paddy. Stop the talk track that you’re hard done by. Even if you are. Stop the talk track in your mind.

Go out, play angry thewhole game. Fight like a wild dog. And just see what happens.

The point is, they need to let him off the leash

10 premiership players in that side and a premiership coach ;) - carried the other 10 players over the line that day.

Yeah but shaddup anyway

Thy, give me somehting. Like something incisive about our chances this week, how you see the season unfolding etc. just some straight clinical analysis. GO.

Mate you’ve done nothing. You’re not that good. You’ve got three players. Don’t be thinking the rain is what keeps it close. Or a bad day. You’re just not that good. You’ll come to realise that as the season unfolds.

Not once have I rated us very highly but geez if we are average where does that leave your mob?

I'll end it here as I prefer to keep my suspensions for post game, not pre game. Good luck on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back