Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extras would imply he wouldn't be in their best side, which is clearly not the case.

Ok, can we play him in our side where he played as a member of GWS's best 22?
So we'll have a back 6 of:
Jones, Weitering, Plowman, Saad, Williams, Docherty.
And maybe we can play Parks and Stocker in the middle.

Yazz was a missed opportunity for all concerned. I loved watching that kid carve through the middle off half back but it’s even sadder from a humanistic perspective.

His story is a cautionary tale and learning opportunity for any young athlete, and the clubs he played for that shouldn’t be forgotten.

But managed to play as normal.
Worst thing you could do for an addict is take away what structure and system he does still have in his life.

It started in 2014 and it started to effect his 2015 season. He still had support from the Tigers in 2016, but fell deeper and after the deaths of his niece and cousin in 2017, it spiralled out of control

What are you on about re his pay - you dont know what he is on and neither do I - the difference is I'm not bagging a bloke for being 'overpaid' and underperforming.

Um OK..
If you actually read the first line of the post it says "it doesn't matter about the money"

I'm concerned that we waisted major resources for as A grade midfielder that we desperately needed,
and thought it would be a great idea to get a HBF, who doesn't even know how to play the position
and try and turn him into a midfielder..

If you're happy with underperforming players than that's good enjoy where we are at..

I feel Yazz’s onfield performance started to drop after he was publicly slammed by Carazzo for punching Paul Chapman in a game against Essendon. He was suspended(I think) and no one from Carlton spoke up for him.
Sadly I feel his downfall would have happened eventually anyway considering he was apparently using while on our list.

I think I've said this before, not sure... Look at his move to the pies, he went there for a premiership, yeah he got it wrong but his motivation was really clearly laid out. I'd put money on him never entertaining carltons phone call, he chose the club he thought was closest to a flag.

This was his purpose for choosing the pies but I doubt it was the same this time, he didn’t seem to choose anyone, the Dogs seemed the only club to put their hand up and he was mostly forced to go.

That time of year, rumours happen everyday but there was nothing posted here, to even suggest we asked.

I think had we been serious about getting him, he would have given it serious thought, we are not that far away.

Undoubtedly but I reckon I think the Pies would have been happy to sink in the sh*t of their own making than deal with us. Would have cost us a lot more than he cost the Doggies methinks.

Ive seen this written before and I just don’t see it happening.

Collingwood put themselves in such a poor bargaining position that they had to deal with whoever was interested or whoever Adam wanted and it appeared it was only the dogs.

I assume the Pies expected more interest and when it didn’t come, the amount of salary they would pay grew and grew, even if Treloar chose us, I couldn’t see the pies having any leverage.

Um OK..
If you actually read the first line of the post it says "it doesn't matter about the money"

I'm concerned that we waisted major resources for as A grade midfielder that we desperately needed,
and thought it would be a great idea to get a HBF, who doesn't even know how to play the position
and try and turn him into a midfielder..

If you're happy with underperforming players than that's good enjoy where we are at..
Every team has under performing players. I'd pull back on calling players out. Only takes a game and posters look very silly.

We were never playing finals in 2021 as I have said numerous times. We now need to get the team gelling together and figure out which players will make it and which coaches will make it. A clean out is coming on all levels and we will be better next year

Every team has under performing players. I'd pull back on calling players out. Only takes a game and posters look very silly.

We were never playing finals in 2021 as I have said numerous times. We now need to get the team gelling together and figure out which players will make it and which coaches will make it. A clean out is coming on all levels and we will be better next year

Agree with you, I was only replying to the discussion, not meaning to call a player out..
Just got swept up in the conversation.. But do believe he has been disappointing though

TBH the player is irrelevant to my thoughts/point
  • I'm concerned that we waisted major resources for an A grade midfielder that we desperately needed,
    and thought it would be a great idea to get a HBF, who doesn't even know how to play the position and try and turn him into a midfielder..
Hope there is a clean out, but won't hold my breath.
Will believe it when I see it, have been smashed on here over past two day's, about to not believe any media at all..
Unless it helps the other persons opinion :tongueoutv1:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with you, I was only replying to the discussion, not meaning to call a player out..
Just got swept up in the conversation.. But do believe he has been disappointing though

TBH the player is irrelevant to my thoughts/point
  • I'm concerned that we waisted major resources for an A grade midfielder that we desperately needed,
    and thought it would be a great idea to get a HBF, who doesn't even know how to play the position and try and turn him into a midfielder..
Hope there is a clean out, but won't hold my breath.
Will believe it when I see it, have been smash on here over past two day's to not believe the media :tongueoutv1:
So who did you want? Without mentioning Treloar.

Yep, people calling it a bust already is laughable. Even if he has a sh*t year i dont think he will be a bust. Clearly unable to run freely atm and is lacking touch. Needs to go back to the VFL to get some touch back. You can sometimes cover a lack of fitness or someone struggling with injury but he is diabolical when gong for the ball as he fumbles it and has no impact.
Do people ever check Williams history.

Only ever had 3 full seasons out of 8.
Never played midfield 100% with exception of a final against Collingwood in 2019.

We are getting what we paid for, injury prone back flanker.

McGovern identical, paid up for a bloke who averages 13 games a year, 10 disposes and 1.3 goals across 6 seasons

These guys arent going to magically turn into something there history says they are not. We can hope all we want that they realise their potential, but history is against them.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Do people ever check Williams history.

Only ever had 3 full seasons out of 8.
Never played midfield 100% with exception of a final against Collingwood in 2019.

We are getting what we paid for, injury prone back flanker.

McGovern identical, paid up for a bloke who averages 13 games a year, 10 disposes and 1.3 goals across 6 seasons

These guys arent going to magically turn into something there history says they are not. We can hope all we want that they realise their potential, but history is against them.

3 out of the last 5 by the way, we had money we had to spend or lose it and he won't be a bust....

I'm guessing you thought Liam Jones wouldn't be a very good backman either.....

I love it people think 8 weeks, of which he's barely played two in a row through injury is the product we will end up with....almost as bad as the AFL media who report careers based on the last week of footy played, one week 'he is a star' next week 'hes a dud'

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

3 out of the last 5 by the way, we had money we had to spend or lose it and he won't be a bust....

I'm guessing you thought Liam Jones wouldn't be a very good backman either.....

I love it people think 8 weeks, of which he's barely played two in a row through injury is the product we will end up with....almost as bad as the AFL media who report careers based on the last week of footy played, one week 'he is a star' next week 'hes a dud'

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
I never said a bust.

I said we are getting exactly the output he has produced in his history. Injury prone.

Issue is what his contract reportedly is and length.

Average 800k across 6years.

Thats midfielder price point.

For mine he is a HBF not a midfielder. He should play there, pinch hit in the middle.

Stocker is the bloke who we should be developing in the full-time mid role.

Jones developed in the VFL to become that backman and basically had his papers stamped. He demanded his spot in the 22 and won himself a contract.

That you shows absolute character.

Would Williams be ok with following Jones path to learn his new role?

Last edited:
It's what I posted earlier & some have taken the quote way out of context ...

Yeah now I'm confused, doc never said reasonably. Anyway. Ignore :)

What are you on about re his pay - you dont know what he is on and neither do I - the difference is I'm not bagging a bloke for being 'overpaid' and underperforming.
Well is it safe to say that he’s giving us the output of an average AFL player atm? Be hard to argue against IMO. That’s widely reported to be around 300k per season

I have no idea what he’s getting but think it’s safe to say it’s a fair bit more than that...

He’s got plenty of time to change this but it ain’t looking good as a mid at present, he needs to go back to the back flank at least for a bit, for his own form and confidence as well as for the team

Let’s see if Teague’s got it in him to do what the team needs...

Well is it safe to say that he’s giving us the output of an average AFL player atm? Be hard to argue against IMO. That’s widely reported to be around 300k per season

I have no idea what he’s getting but think it’s safe to say it’s a fair bit more than that...

He’s got plenty of time to change this but it ain’t looking good as a mid at present, he needs to go back to the back flank at least for a bit, for his own form and confidence as well as for the team

Let’s see if Teague’s got it in him to do what the team needs...

What Teague needs to do is listen to AR and rest him

I know most players carry niggles, but Williams and Cripps for that matter, need to be rested/managed at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back