Preview Rd 9 Carlton v Melbourne, MCG, Sunday May 16, 3.20pm - Team - Post #700

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thy, give me somehting. Like something incisive about our chances this week, how you see the season unfolding etc. just some straight clinical analysis. GO.
we are sitting ducks on sunday - in fact I hereby name sunday, sitting duck sunday - we're so reactive to the media, supporters, sponsors & board - this one step forward two back is soul crushing for EVERYONE involved with this club - having said that, the climb has well and truly started so we'll never again be as bad as we were - these tiny steps are cruel but necessary if we want to implement sustainable change - no shortcuts (we've made plenty already) no silly promises, no ultimatums, no timelines, no sackings - I abhor those amongst us who can't see the bigger picture, because there is one believe me, always - but at the risk of repeating myself AGAIN - hang in there you clowns, this ain't no disco, this is CFC..............

Blues by 11.........

we are sitting ducks on sunday - in fact I hereby name sunday, sitting duck sunday - we're so reactive to the media, supporters, sponsors & board - this one step forward two back is soul crushing for EVERYONE involved with this club - having said that, the climb has well and truly started so we'll never again be as bad as we were - these tiny steps are cruel but necessary if we want to implement sustainable change - no shortcuts (we've made plenty already) no silly promises, no ultimatums, no timelines, no sackings - I abhor those amongst us who can't see the bigger picture, because there is one believe me, always - but at the risk of repeating myself AGAIN - hang in there you clowns, this ain't no disco, this is CFC..............

Blues by 11.........

Deep down, I know you're bang on point here Thy.

Some of us wear our hearts on our sleeves a little too much and after a tough loss that was winnable that will shine through. Likewise, it will do the same when we have a good win (like the week before).

Preach on though, please. Need more of this.

Let's channel the Blues side of 1991, Round 13.

Faced an Eagles side sitting on top of the ladder with an 11-0 record and a percentage of 184.7.

Beat them by 3 points, I think with a Simon Minton-Connell goal.

This was the same side that only 2 weeks earlier scored their only goal against the Dogs in the last minute of play for a 1.10.16 total.
Send an email to Teague.
Have the team watch the replay of it
That's a very definitive statement, you can't know that. Bit like saying we'd have won last week if we hadn't missed those easy ones. We may have but we are only guessing.

Question is really is he killing them in the VFL? Most of the watchers say that he isn't.
Why is he playing VFL at all?
He's a top 5 draft pick who was in the top 6 for average disposals last year and abt top 10 the year before.
Thats pretty good numbers for (practically speaking) a first/2nd year player.
he's tall, strong and can take a mark. We need inside mids, why isn't he there?
While we're at it I know many have mentioned it, but SPS also had really good numbers in 2019 before he was switched to defense.
Put him back in the middle and let him play.
A whole game! Every week! Not as a sub!
Setters wasn't recruited to play VFL.

Send an email to Teague.
Have the team watch the replay of it
Better yet. Have one of the players who played in that game come and speak to the playing group, either now or before the WC game in a couple of weeks.
Remind them of what they're playing for.

Anyone else think Dow is worthy of another crack in the 1’s? I thought he started really well the other week before going down injured, looked as though he might have gone on to have the so-called “breakout” game we’ve been seeking. Not sure who would go out for him, unless Cripps or Williams are managed.
Absolutely.
He could replace Gibbons or Newnes.
Gibbons has not done much lately either up forward or around the ground.
And Betts and Owies have been doing the job.

I felt he took a huge step last year, while playing as a dedicated inside mid.

With Teague ramping up the attacking style this year, he may have seen Setters hampering that gamestyle at stoppages, given he isn't blessed with speed, but then plays him on a wing

I believe a simple switch would be beneficial to the team, send Walsh back to a wing, where he gives you better 2 way running and overlap, than anyone else and let Setter get back to winning the pill and or negating those opposition inside mids
I was going to say email this to Teague but I see he liked ur post so Clearly taking direction from this forum😃

One would've thought what you wrote was fairly obvious but clearly someone didn't get the memo.

Not once have I rated us very highly but geez if we are average where does that leave your mob?

I'll end it here as I prefer to keep my suspensions for post game, not pre game. Good luck on Sunday.
Where’s it leave us? Way more talented than you. Which we are. You’ve had no injuries to speak of this year. Like nothing. Do some decent analysi before you come out with “where’s it leave your mob.” You revealed yourself very quickly with that. Don’t turn up here on the back of a ridiculously small sample size biased up by an obscene run of good luck with injury and think you can hide your misplaced superiority behind “if it’s wet it might be close” comments.

We will win a flag while you bounce around at the bottom of the 8 for a few years. Thinking, like you do now, that you’re all that and more with a ridiculous amount of C grade players getting a regular game.

You are where you are because of injuries. You’ve had an incredible run to start the year. Who is the best player you have out? Viney? Hahahahahaaha. Tomlinson? Not enough space for the characters I’d use for that laugh.

When your injuries regress to the mean (look it up) you’ll do the same. And when our injuries regress to the mean we will go past you like you’re standing still. Which you will be by then.

Blues by 11.........
Nice. What are your thoughts on the Budget?

Where’s it leave us? Way more talented than you. Which we are. You’ve had no injuries to speak of this year. Like nothing. Do some decent analysi before you come out with “where’s it leave your mob.” You revealed yourself very quickly with that. Don’t turn up here on the back of a ridiculously small sample size biased up by an obscene run of good luck with injury and think you can hide your misplaced superiority behind “if it’s wet it might be close” comments.

We will win a flag while you bounce around at the bottom of the 8 for a few years. Thinking, like you do now, that you’re all that and more with a ridiculous amount of C grade players getting a regular game.

You are where you are because of injuries. You’ve had an incredible run to start the year. Who is the best player you have out? Viney? Hahahahahaaha. Tomlinson? Not enough space for the characters I’d use for that laugh.

When your injuries regress to the mean (look it up) you’ll do the same. And when our injuries regress to the mean we will go past you like you’re standing still. Which you will be by then.

Welcome back parrot :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That echoes the sentiments of most of us I suspect. I hope to make the pilgrimage there in the coming years - never seen our mighty Baggers outside of TV.
Nearly all of my live footy watching was princes park. Growing up I didn’t appreciate it - always wanted to be at the G (never Waverley). It’s now I realise just how special it was- those non- Vic sides have a huge advantage, I don’t care how much they whine about travel!

we are sitting ducks on sunday - in fact I hereby name sunday, sitting duck sunday - we're so reactive to the media, supporters, sponsors & board - this one step forward two back is soul crushing for EVERYONE involved with this club - having said that, the climb has well and truly started so we'll never again be as bad as we were - these tiny steps are cruel but necessary if we want to implement sustainable change - no shortcuts (we've made plenty already) no silly promises, no ultimata, no timelines, no sackings - I abhor those amongst us who can't see the bigger picture, because there is one believe me, always - but at the risk of repeating myself AGAIN - hang in there you clowns, this ain't no disco, this is CFC..............

Blues by 11.........
Edited for poor grammar

Nearly all of my live footy watching was princes park. Growing up I didn’t appreciate it - always wanted to be at the G (never Waverley). It’s now I realise just how special it was- those non- Vic sides have a huge advantage, I don’t care how much they whine about travel!
You are dead right about that amigo - and you can add the Cats to that: ( No wonder they've been up the top for the last decade & a half with an enormous advantage like that on every other Victorian side.) And being from central western Australia I envy all you guys on here who get to go to all / most of our home games - so f@%king jealous; but at the same time grateful for all the terrific first-hand insights to be found on this forum.

Blues by 11.........
Love this!

You are dead right about that amigo - and you can add the Cats to that: ( No wonder they've been up the top for the last decade & a half with an enormous advantage like that on every other Victorian side.) And being from central western Australia I envy all you guys on here who get to go to all / most of our home games - so f@%king jealous; but at the same time grateful for all the terrific first-hand insights to be found on this forum.
I’m in west Horsham now, so I don’t get to see them as regularly, but presumably more frequently than you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back