Mare of Easttown

Who done it

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

but Mare's ex new wife looked like she was hiding something
I thought she was just partly disgusted at the thought her new fiance could possibly have been involved with a 15yo girl, and partly mad at Mare. I didn't get the vibe she was hiding anything

Geez to change the evidence records from 66 to 64 pills?? Wtf?
was really loving this (still am I guess) but that felt a little bit of a stretch and stupidly dumb when earlier on she was finding bullets in the tree due to her quality detective work.

Don't think her planting the drugs was like a covert operation on her part. Was obviously beyond dumb and bad, and maybe even a little rushed from a story standpoint, but I love how quickly the Chief stood her down for it.

Really stupid decision. Surely repackage the drugs. She's a cop and made such a basic error. How easy it was to link back to her.

The Deacon obviously looks guilty as fu** now but Mare's ex new wife looked like she was hiding something.

I wonder if the Deacon chucking the bike off the bridge is misdirection. What if he's helping to cover up the crime for someone else?

Geez to change the evidence records from 66 to 64 pills?? Wtf?
was really loving this (still am I guess) but that felt a little bit of a stretch and stupidly dumb when earlier on she was finding bullets in the tree due to her quality detective work.
I think we are meant to determine that she is a very good and somewhat obsessive detective but makes horrible decisions in regard to her personal life.

Do we know that he took it? If he did, that's surely going to come back into the story in a bad way (given's it's literally a "Chekhov's gun")
It looked like he kept it because we didn't see him dispose of it but I guess we can't know for sure. The camera made sure we saw it in his hands though and the somewhat startled look on his face. He of course could have been startled because he realised he almost got shot (by his sister's bestie). Also interesting that Dawn appears to have gone there with the intent to shoot, noting that there was only fake money in her bag.

Last edited:
Was that the first time we heard that her name is Mary-Anne?

So we now know that neither Frank or Dylan is the father of the baby. Did they check for runs of homozygosity with Erin's Dad? Do these people not watch Line of Duty FFS.

It looked like he kept it because we didn't see him dispose of it but I guess we can't know for sure. The camera made sure we saw it in his hands though and the somewhat startled look on his face. He of course could have been startled because he realised he almost got shot (by his sister's bestie). Also interesting that Dawn appears to have gone there with the intent to shoot, noting that there was only fake money in her bag.

Reading my tea leaves, I reckon they could be setting this guy up to be the tragic hero. Characters who know they are assholes, and a burden on their loved ones, often redeem themselves by a moment of stupid courage that saves the day but gets them killed in the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Guy Pierce too famous to have a bit part in a TV show?

Nah. If anything Winslet is too famous to be a lead on TV. But you see it more these days. Justin Bateman had a smallish part in The Outsider. He was an Executive Producer as well though. But HBO especially seem to get some big names in shows. True Detective had Harrelson, McConaughey, Vaughn, Farrell, McAdams and a 2-time Academy award winner in Mahershala Ali. Movie production has slowed down a little in recent times too.

Nah. If anything Winslet is too famous to be a lead on TV. But you see it more these days. Justin Bateman had a smallish part in The Outsider. He was an Executive Producer as well though. But HBO especially seem to get some big names in shows. True Detective had Harrelson, McConaughey, Vaughn, Farrell, McAdams and a 2-time Academy award winner in Mahershala Ali. Movie production has slowed down a little in recent times too.
Sorry I meant that in the theme of many cop shows like Law and Order SVU where the baddie is usually the most famous or most recognised actor apart from the leads.

As in I'm suspecting Guy Pierce to be one of the bad guys simply because he is the most well known actor in the show apart from the lead (Winslet).

Lots of A-listers are moving into the television space these days. Feel like McConaughey and Harrelson lead the way with True Detective.

Is Guy Pierce too famous to have a bit part in a TV show?
Apparently Kate Winslet as an Executive Producer of Mare of Easttown rang him an offer him the role and he said yes. They both starred in a mini series together called Mildred Pierce about 10 years ago, in which they both won emmys. Both shows are HBO series.

It rang a bell, because of Guy Pearce’s speech when he won the Emmy he mention that he got to have sex with Kate Winslet many times, pretty sure the speech is on you tube somewhere

Last edited:
Really liking this show.

One thing bugs me though. For all its very accurate and fair depiction of this kind of "left behind" American place, ravaged by economic decline, clannish, being torn apart by opiods, it omits politics.

These are the places that are hugely pro-Trump, right into QAnon. In reality Mare's Mum wouldn't be playing games on the iPad, she'd be posting on Q threads and have Fox on in the background.

It is like Big City Liberal writers want us - rightly - to understand that giving up custody of your kid while you deal with addiction related illness doesn't make you a bad person.

But can't bring themselves to admit that there's millions of people across the US who are doing brilliant things like raising their own grandkids when they are orphaned by drug addiction etc, but they also watch Fox and voted Trump.

It is a minor quibble at one level, but also massive. East town and its inhabitants are very generously and carefully depicted otherwise, but this is just a massive blank.

Really liking this show.

One thing bugs me though. For all its very accurate and fair depiction of this kind of "left behind" American place, ravaged by economic decline, clannish, being torn apart by opiods, it omits politics.

These are the places that are hugely pro-Trump, right into QAnon. In reality Mare's Mum wouldn't be playing games on the iPad, she'd be posting on Q threads and have Fox on in the background.

It is like Big City Liberal writers want us - rightly - to understand that giving up custody of your kid while you deal with addiction related illness doesn't make you a bad person.

But can't bring themselves to admit that there's millions of people across the US who are doing brilliant things like raising their own grandkids when they are orphaned by drug addiction etc, but they also watch Fox and voted Trump.

It is a minor quibble at one level, but also massive. East town and its inhabitants are very generously and carefully depicted otherwise, but this is just a massive blank.

Australia’s US politics addiction is THE strangest phenomenon I’ve ever seen

Just why ?

I’ve heard Aussie people labelling themselves Democrats

Baffling too me

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Tense last 5minutes there

Thought the scene was really well done. I went frame by frame when Zabel was shot. He's leaning slightly forward and he's got a bullet hole under his left eye, with blood spatter on the wall from the exit wound. If the bullet missed his brain and spinal cord there's a slim chance he's still alive. Either way, that's the missing girls mystery done with.

It seems that Dylan is hiding some things about his actions on the night of the murder. But my money is still on Billy, who we now know is being evasive about Erin staying at his house for a while.

Back