Injury Rioli & Bolton involved in nightclub incident. Shai broken wrist, 2 to 3 weeks.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
New details have emerged.

After being moved on, Rioli and Bolton remained OUTSIDE the club for 30 minutes!!!

Unbelievable! Couldn’t they go and grab a souvlaki??????? 🤣🤣
Is souvlaki an AFL players go to and kebabs for the vfl boys?

Jack5

Cancelled
Richmond Tigers - Josh Gibcus Player Sponsor 2022 Richmond Tigers - Kamdyn McIntosh Player Sponsor 2022
Sep 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Heard a rumour that there are further details to emerge on this that contradict the story. Heard from a mate who called the Dimma breakup a month before it became public.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
sounds like little Tommy Brown is very disappointed that the Tiger players have not been hung in the city square so he will just keep digging and now he has found an eye witness , wonder who that may be ?
mud guts Browne is on the case

Tiger4Ever

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Nothing new in there except they stayed outside the club...They could have been waiting for friends to leave? Who cares.

Most of the football media are grubs and will keep digging in the hope they find something, failing that they'll just invent the old unsubstantiated "eyewitness" account.

You are totally right, nothing new in that article.

1620866078505.png

davidjohn

Rookie
Aug 18, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
No probs mate. But if we win the flag again, you won't mind me reminding you that it may well have been this event that galvanised the group. I'm sure if that happens you'll agree that standing up for your partner get you more respect than high tailing it out of there.

From all reports it was Dan who got punched in the face. But hey you know, top four.
You can stand up for your partner but be responsible and kick the perpetrators hard in the groin, no need to injure yourself or give the perpetrators a comeback for your actions, cowards usually complain when they don’t like treatment they deserve.

Jack5

Cancelled
Richmond Tigers - Josh Gibcus Player Sponsor 2022 Richmond Tigers - Kamdyn McIntosh Player Sponsor 2022
Sep 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Hungry Jacks burger if you’re Relton!

Wrong wrong wrong - you spoke in the singular - Relton inhales just one Hungry Jack burger getting ready to each all next ones!

To be more specific - the rumour I heard was that it was Shai who punched Daniel. Hoping it's not true.

That would be strange - but I guess all we have so far is one black eye and one broken wrist - in the absence of anything else, it's possible I suppose they are connected🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Heard a rumour that it was at YoYo's night club and it was full of AFL players at the time. Could it be that another AFL player made inappropriate advances to Rioli's girlfriend and who was involved in the fight and that the players do not want to rat on another AFL player?

Jun 26, 2007
Newcastle
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Avalanche, Nuggets
Yep. So if those two boys went and got take away kebabs and returned , no issue. The issue was going to the rippers.

But the media focused on the fight. When it was clear as day our boys got attacked by a thug and Sydney was helping coleman Jones.

It really is us against everyone else but that's how we like it.
From an AFL article

Stack and Coleman-Jones officially breached the AFL's COVID-19 protocols in taking an Uber, visiting a non-approved Gold Coast venue and becoming involved in an incident that involved Queensland Police. Stack was detained by police and released a short time after.

Jack5

Cancelled
Sep 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
They'd hardly be hanging out the front of the club together for 30mins if they'd just punched on.

Yeah, I know it doesn't gel with other things we know. I wouldn't have repeated it but for my mate's form on the Dimma thing.

Feb 13, 2006
Just beyond the horizon.
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RFC VFL
To be more specific - the rumour I heard was that it was Shai who punched Daniel. Hoping it's not true.
So Daniel was sexually harassing his own girlfriend and decided to do something about it, got in a tussle with himself, then Shai jumped to his defence and punched him in the eye?

I'm no Dick Tracy but I reckon there might be a few holes in that story.

All Aust

Oct 29, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Chins aplenty would have been all over that one with an abundance of "allegedly's" thrown in for good measure. Then, allegedly, he would eat more pies.

Narkle was there, he & Bolton are best friends. He stayed out of trouble, but thanks for saying such nice things about him.

according to a new random source Narkle and Galea started all the drama

Sol23

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Media just wanna make it bigger than it is . So ducking sad and pathetic. Always looking for a headline.

Back