• Kelly and Merrett

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I know it’s hard for some people, but can we not do the “we need to trade into the first round” thing in here.

😞

It's also not the thread to discuss current Hawthorn players and if they are in form or not, and whether they’re tradeable.

Trade targets. Trade targets. Trade targets.

That means players at other clubs, and our interest in them going forward.

Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure if Brodie is contracted past this year and I heard on good authority that no one wanted him last year so could be a DFA or PSD option. Had a big preseason from what you hear and could add to our midfield. Wouldn’t SPS be a wing option?

Sizzlesilk

Premium Platinum
Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ladhams would be a v good get

Ladhams would want to tidy up his off field lifestyle. Lazy. Unreliable. Wayward. Wonder if we could get a package deal with his mates Johnson & SPP chucked in.

Also would hope that players.. in general....of course!! would be honest & disclose the amount of strikes against their names before we would sign them up.

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
#
G’Day Guys, hope you’re all well.

Just a little bit of news to share, I think it’s been well documented we’re hitting the draft pretty hard for the next couple of years.

Big Fish looking unlikely this year but we’re looking to spread the money around with our salary cap and attract role players like Scrimshaw, Impey etc currently and Lake, Gibson, Hale previously.

If we were to land a big fish we’d be more inclined to lose one of our big fish rather than our upcoming high draft picks - I don’t mind this strategy.

We’re not gonna get all of these players but players of interest are:

Williams (WC)
Ladhams (PA)
Long (St K)
Brodie (GC)
Lonie (St K)
Wallis (WB)
Clark (Gee)
Frampton (Adel)
Himmelberg (Adel)
Riccardi (GWS)
Dow (Carl)
SPS (Carl)
Sharp (GC)
Fiorini (GC)

I expect us to land 2-3 of these players. A ruckman or 2 a priority for me. Cegs, Brooksby & BB are cooked. BB can only play on heart for so long - champion.

Which 3 of the list would you like us to get?

For me

Ladhams
Clark
Long

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Apart from Ladhams and Clark there is a whole lotta junk on that list

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers

Just a little bit of news to share, I think it’s been well documented we’re hitting the draft pretty hard for the next couple of years.

Big Fish looking unlikely this year but we’re looking to spread the money around with our salary cap and attract role players like Scrimshaw, Impey etc currently and Lake, Gibson, Hale previously.

If we were to land a big fish we’d be more inclined to lose one of our big fish rather than our upcoming high draft picks - I don’t mind this strategy.

Williams (WC)
Ladhams (PA)
Long (St K)
Brodie (GC)
Lonie (St K)
Wallis (WB)
Clark (Gee)
Frampton (Adel)
Himmelberg (Adel)
Riccardi (GWS)
Dow (Carl)
SPS (Carl)
Sharp (GC)
Fiorini (GC)

I expect us to land 2-3 of these players. A ruckman or 2 a priority for me. Cegs, Brooksby & BB are cooked. BB can only play on heart for so long - champion.

For me

Ladhams
Clark
Long

This is the part that worries me as it can end up with you overpaying a lot of very average players eg Phillips.

I could not agree more. The original
Plan of the last 3-4 years regrettably has failed, and yes it is like turning the Titanic, the light bulb of failure has finally slipped on, but that does not mean we do not have to find a way to manage this List as hard and as quick as we can.

Perhaps acknowledging a different List profile now that is not one that is clearly contending, (FA spend) combined with manouvering to gain as many extra Draft collaterals as possible.
I can’t think of any club that would pay a first round pick for any of the older (> 25 year old) players

Williams (WC)
Ladhams (PA)
Long (St K)
Brodie (GC)
Lonie (St K)
Wallis (WB)
Clark (Gee)
Frampton (Adel)
Himmelberg (Adel)
Riccardi (GWS)
Dow (Carl)
SPS (Carl)
Sharp (GC)
Fiorini (GC)

For me

Ladhams
Clark
Long

Fiorini, Sharp and Clark, please.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Williams (WC)
Ladhams (PA)
Long (St K)
Brodie (GC)
Lonie (St K)
Wallis (WB)
Clark (Gee)
Frampton (Adel)
Himmelberg (Adel)
Riccardi (GWS)
Dow (Carl)
SPS (Carl)
Sharp (GC)
Fiorini (GC)

For me

Ladhams
Clark
Long

I'll have a Ladhams, Clark and Sharp please.

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW
if you want to get players to fill holes while still going to the draft they're not gonna be superstars

neither was impey, scrim, gibbo, hale etc. but they turned out alright. don't mind some of the names

Clark obviously a good one, Ladhams if he was less like SPP, then SPS maybe, Dow maybe, Williams is a gun but would cost too much in a position were well stocked in. Don't mind Fiorini or Brodie

no recurring interest in McLean?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topiary

Premium Platinum
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From Rough and Love’s list I am aware we have had interest in the past in:
Lonie
Brodie
Fiorini
Himmelberg’s x 2 GWS Himmelberg not long resigned and would cost a bomb.

These were all under GW watch so may have changed.
Also know we have had strong interest in Sam Hayes (PA)
Personally would love Clark.
Interest in McLean has not wavered because of his ACL. I do hope Lipinski is on the role player list.

Stratton24

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
if you want to get players to fill holes while still going to the draft they're not gonna be superstars

neither was impey, scrim, gibbo, hale etc. but they turned out alright. don't mind some of the names

Clark obviously a good one, Ladhams if he was less like SPP, then SPS maybe, Dow maybe, Williams is a gun but would cost too much in a position were well stocked in. Don't mind Fiorini or Brodie

no recurring interest in McLean?
Williams is the ruck from West Coast

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Fiorini would suit our list well. Outside leaning but good size, always been able to find it and a decent kick. Will be two years removed from consistent selection. Was re-signed at the start of last year through 2023 when he was still a consistent selection. If he's not playing footy, Gold Coast could want to get those contract years off their books.

mustang

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arizona DiamondBacks

Williams (WC)
Ladhams (PA)
Long (St K)
Brodie (GC)
Lonie (St K)
Wallis (WB)
Clark (Gee)
Frampton (Adel)
Himmelberg (Adel)
Riccardi (GWS)
Dow (Carl)
SPS (Carl)
Sharp (GC)
Fiorini (GC)

For me

Ladhams
Clark
Long

Surely if we are after some of these we will be trading a few of our players for picks to use on these players to bring in unless they use our players for trades.

This is the part that worries me as it can end up with you overpaying a lot of very average players eg Phillips.

Don't know how many times you need to roll out this line, but it's not overpaying if you absolutely need to make minimum TPP requirements. The money has to be used on someone.

Aug 2, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania

Williams (WC)
Ladhams (PA)
Long (St K)
Brodie (GC)
Lonie (St K)
Wallis (WB)
Clark (Gee)
Frampton (Adel)
Himmelberg (Adel)
Riccardi (GWS)
Dow (Carl)
SPS (Carl)
Sharp (GC)
Fiorini (GC)

For me

Ladhams
Clark
Long

You the man RoughandLove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back