Preview Changes vs Adelaide - Round 9, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The cult of statistics has robbed people of the ability to see the difference between numbers and influence on a match.
I wish we had access to better stats. Relevant stats, utilised by coaches. Not the really deep stuff, but something that adds to the picture for a non-watcher.
For example, we hear about 'Pressure Acts' all the time, but never see it.
Taps, knock-ons and other 1%'s during general play should be available to us as well. Especially in the case of Nic, many of these acts are more influential than disposals.

Gov, Barrass, both, I don't care who it is just get a tall body in down back so Oscar can get forward.

Poor boy is wasting away in defence, watching on hungrily as lesser forwards feast on the many snags served up by our dour opposition the past 2 weeks.

You do when looking at key KP matchups.

If we are short for defenders and the opposition go tall we are more likely to bring in a player back from injury. If we have that role covered we may err on the side of caution and give a player one more week to build up their fitness.
Matchups may come into it, but if we err on caution and rest Gov or Barrass for one more week Edwards holds his spot. But if both are ready 100% to go they are walk in starters and Edwards goes and Allen goes back forward. So our defence doesn’t change too much in actual structure.

Whereas the tweet kind of says to me we shouldn’t even bother playing JK, Barrass, or Gov, because we’ve got the game in the bag because Walker, the opposition key forward is out. That to me wouldn’t come into it at all. I doubt that comes into the thinking at all. If they don’t play this weekend it will be because they aren’t fully fit, not because of the opposition.

Not sure where SEN got the news that JK was out for several weeks? Must be another Tom Browne Moment

IMG_9828.PNG

West Coast Eagles

@WestCoastEagles

·
12s

“He has been around for about eight weeks. He’s a board member. It’s been tremendous for myself and for our coaches from a leadership perspective. There are a lot of parallels between the sports.” Simpson on Justin Langer at training.

Our new midfield coach? haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd give Gov another week, personally. Groins can be tricky.

Barrass this week
Gov and JK next week vs GWS
Ryan and Hurn the week after vs Essendon
Yeo the week after vs Carlton
And Shuey after the bye and the set is complete!

Question does remain though... what will we say then when we inevitably travel to the SCG and forget how to football in round 16?

Do we have any actual update on Yeo? I’ve always assumed he returns after the bye but have no confirmation
Vozzo usually has been hitting us with "just before or just after the bye and we will work out a return to play date soon" for about the past 6 weeks of injury updates.

My thoughts are that if he comes back for the Carlton game, he will have the bye to rest up again as the first game back after a year out will probably make him pretty sore.

And Shuey after the bye and the set is complete!

Question does remain though... what will we say then when we inevitably travel to the SCG and forget how to football in round 16?

What we always say:

s**t ground, not fit for footy, Franklin crashed his car, COLA etc.

Last week was probably Langdon's best game this year - if they haven't dropped him yet they won't drop him this week.
Yep. It was the best return our small forwards had as a group for the season. Need better than a 3 disposal effort to force your way in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back